PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust

Anakonda69
05-23-2004, 12:15 AM
i recently bought a 3" resonator at jefferson...i was told by people at holz that 3" exhaust would fit on my truck from the cat back keeping it single and not going to duals and would better that way.....anyone know anyone who could do this for me? wisconsin muffler says 3" won't fit under my truck....looking for suggestions

Lash
05-23-2004, 01:33 AM
Isn't 3" a little big for a 4.3 V-6?

You plan on going forced induction or something? :rockwoot:

GTSLOW
05-23-2004, 04:53 AM
3" works but you will lose a little tq down low. Unless you have some mods then I'd go with 21/2 but 3" is not bad at all.

y2kws6
05-24-2004, 10:00 AM
3" is a little large for the V-6 and you will be losing TQ, but get a good intake with a K&N filter and you will recover some of that TQ.

Someone great to work with is Jeff's automotive, one of mikes relitives. Located near south milwaukee/Cudahy area.

Dan

Anakonda69
05-25-2004, 06:01 PM
well i already have a k&n...i will soon be getting a throttle body spacer, cowl hood, and air raid intake...i will go see the guys at jeff's automotive...should i mention i was referred by anyone? or any other suggestions if they cannot do the exhaust? would it be worht using the resonator if they put an expanded pipe and then put it back to 2 1/2 before and after the muffler? might sound stupid but its just a question...

GTSLOW
05-26-2004, 07:31 AM
Tell him nan sent you. He's my uncle jeff. Sofar he's, installed my exhaust, lowering spindles, and any other work that I was to lazy to do.

Its up to you if ya want to run 3". I know I am and lost tq to it, but its a motor built for high rpms. I dont know what yer resonator looks like but anything over the stock muffler is better!

Anakonda69
05-26-2004, 06:29 PM
thanx...i will try and get ahold of them this week and see what he can do...

Anakonda69
06-01-2004, 08:30 PM
well i called ypur uncle and he made me feel like i was nuts.....aparently 3" single exhaust on a 2 door blazer is unheardof....he said stock size duals would run me like 400 bux....so i'm still looking for anyone's help for any exhaust advice? maybe i could just stick with stock size and get a loud muffler and keep it single......idk i'm pretty lost on this....

GTSLOW
06-02-2004, 04:41 AM
LMAO

He's funny like that! Damn GTO went to his head. I guess 3" is a little big on a mostly stock setup. If not try to get some 2.5" He didn't think you ment dual 3"?

y2kws6
06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
He talked to me the same way over the phone, but when I went to see him in person and looked at the truck, he did what I asked with no question. Cost me $350 after quote.

Dan

Anakonda69
06-05-2004, 07:02 PM
i think i might just try 2.5 single.....if not wisonsin muffler said they would do dual with the stock size......i'm still not sure what is the best way to go...i don't need it overly loud cuz i won't hear the truck over my stereo anyway i just want the truck to breath a lil better....give it some better airflow and a decent sound nothing out of control...i just ordered a throttle body spacer....it's a 1".....so hopefully i will pick up some more torque....maybe i will just hafta take it there or something.......another thing.....i want the window visors that go over ur side mirror not behind it like my ventshade ones do......i believe they are lund eclipses? anyone know anything about them or where i could pick them up....u can't by them directly from lund and i have checked whitney and summit and didn't find'em....

GTSLOW
06-05-2004, 10:54 PM
You're not talking true duals are you?

Anakonda69
06-06-2004, 01:38 PM
no no no i'm not that crazy...duals would just be from the muffler back....i guess i should say dual outlets.....