PDA

View Full Version : Now Ford's having issues

Exitspeed
02-04-2010, 04:46 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/02/04/report-ford-issues-tsb-fix-for-brake-pedal-on-fusion-hybrid-mod/

As one of our senior engineers slowed for a stop sign at the turnoff to our test facility in East Haddam, Connecticut, the brake pedal went unexpectedly further down than normal but the car barely slowed. He zoomed through the turn, with brake-system warning lights illuminated on the dash. The car more or less coasted to a stop, with what our engineer described as minimal brake feel.

After switching off the engine and then restarting it, everything returned to normal – no warning lights and full braking capability.

Plum Crazy
02-04-2010, 04:51 PM
you put more and more electronics in a car, shits gunna happen.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 05:01 PM
lol, sounds exactly like the prius thing. if you have never driven a hybrid vehicle, they are goofy as hell when it comes to braking. that alone would make me never buy one. it is surprising because they have been using the regen brakes for a while. getting crazy!! built before october of 2010 i wonder how many there are??

Rocket Power
02-04-2010, 05:13 PM
Mechanical brakes, throttle, and steering FTMFW

Greg@GLD
02-04-2010, 05:25 PM
OMG! Coop was right!!:wow

:goof

jbiscuit
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
Ha ha.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 05:42 PM
OMG! Coop was right!!:wow

:goof

not really. toyota still hasn't issued a recall for the prius brakes, they are still thinking about it, and ford didn't need a government investigation :D.

jbiscuit
02-04-2010, 05:53 PM
not really. toyota still hasn't issued a recall for the prius brakes, they are still thinking about it, and ford didn't need a government investigation :D.

maybe Ford was just trying to hide it from the american public. IE Toyota-esque conspiracy to hide the truth. Remember? You guys had this big theory that Toyota was hiding the facts/truth?

Where is LaHood when you need him? Maybe he is writing his statement, "Ford owners should be terrified to own and operate their affected vehicles. Stop driving them immediately."

I like these ignorant statements he makes. Makes for light morning commuter traffic. :rolf

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 05:55 PM
the whole point of the toyota threads IMO, isn't about the recall itself, at least it isn't for me. the point is to highlight that toyota is finally being subjected to what the domestics have been for years. do i think that toyotas are junk? nope. do i think that toyota is capable of building a quality vehicle? yes. Problem that I have is the fact that toyota has appeared to be getting a "free pass" for so long, that FORD and GM have never gotten. Maybe FORD and GM are finally getting theirs, who knows. Maybe FORD and GM have the same exact number of problem vehicles on the road. Maybe Obama is behind all the toyota hate? I don't know. What I do know is, for the last 10 years when Toyotas quality has been equal to or below the domestics we never heard of it on the news. Ford has 3 6.7 diesel trucks shoot flames and it makes the front page! how many people bought toyotas over domestics because they saw an f150 on fire in the 6:00 news?? too many. if all had been equal 5-7 years ago the automotive landscape would be quite different IMO. toyota benefited for a long time on the bias that existed. they built their house on what was exaggeration and misinformation. for that reason they are going to get some shit when the foundation starts to crack. after this all blows over, things will be equal and I think that is all people want to see. If you feel that toyota makes a better vehicle for you than FORD or GM so be it. that is up to you, it is your money. no longer though, will toyota be able to depend on the american public being "not-informed", and i would expect that of any company. coop is right, toyota will be fine. just like FORD survived the firestone debacle, toyota will come out of this alright. I am sure they will lose some customers, but the customers that they lose were probably driving a toyota for the wrong reasons anyway.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 05:57 PM
maybe Ford was just trying to hide it from the american public. IE Toyota-esque conspiracy to hide the truth. Remember? You guys had this big theory that Toyota was hiding the facts/truth?

Where is LaHood when you need him? Maybe he is writing his statement, "Ford owners should be terrified to own and operate their affected vehicles. Stop driving them immediately."

I like these ignorant statements he makes. Makes for light morning commuter traffic. :rolf

could be. smartest thing ford could do was issue a recall right now. this will take a backseat to toyota's problems. all i know is that we are slow as fuck so ford can recall whatever they want :D

jbiscuit
02-04-2010, 06:13 PM
I don't know if I buy all that 07Roush....do you think people are still riding the Toyota quality wave from 20 years ago? There are more factors that play into a vehicle purchase today. Shit, a lot of people buy one brand because they grew up with that brand...I know a guy that will ONLY buy Ford vehicles because both his dad and grandfather only bought Ford, regardless of quality, car vs. truck etc. ULTRA brand loyal. Toyota is catching a lot of shit for this incident. Its been all over the news, internet etc. But you know what? People will STILL buy those vehicles. WIll they loose some potential sales over this? Sure. But I don't think there has been a conspiracy or anything idiotic like that to keep Toyota out of the media's mouth. Do you think that maybe it just has been that way because there hasn't been a serious safety issue with any of their cars until now? Maybe? :rolf

Know this: I have owned GM, Subaru, Honda and now Toyota vehicles over the years. Quality-wise, my Subaru was superb quality. Had NOTHING wrong with it in 100k miles. NOTHING. Car worked, drove, etc like new. My wife's Honda is hands down a nicer vehicle than my Toyota Tacoma....BUT you pay for that quality too. Fit, finish, paint, interior plastics and trim, motor etc is top notch. 28mpg out of a CRV, 26 in town. Better than her Cavalier she replaced. And that thing had 100k on it when we traded it and the door panel was loose, the dash vents were popping out, wiring harness issues, loose steering.

My point is that I think people nowadays buy what they like. Where they are treated appropriately and they leave feeling like they got a 'good deal.' Sorry but GM let me down. I left 4-5 dealers without them even trying to earn my business. SO for me, it comes down to them wanting my business and a general likeness in their product to begin with.

If an automaker's quality sucks with something in particular, they should be called out on it. They need to FIX the issue. Does that mean they should collapse and stop making cars? Come on, thats retarded. We like variety here in the US. Gone are the days of Mopar, GM or Ford for your choices. There are a lot of nice vehicles out there. My buddy has a 08 Charger with 80K on it. Still has the original brakes on it. Quietist, nicest riding car I have been in in a long time. He loves it. Would I buy one? No....I think the interior is shit. Bad layout/design. Feels cheap to me. But its a nice car.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't know if I buy all that 07Roush....do you think people are still riding the Toyota quality wave from 20 years ago?

yes. when it comes to the baby boomers (40+), i believe that toyota is riding the wave of unfounded quality, at the expense of the domestics. it is my opinion that had toyota been held to the same standards as the domestics since day one, things would be a lot different. we probably wouldn't even be having this thread. it would be just another recall.

Beagle
02-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Who cares about fords hybrids haha. Toyota will be even stronger after the recalls.

Reverend Cooper
02-04-2010, 09:04 PM
^ i'm with stupid

Beagle
02-04-2010, 10:07 PM
^ i'm with stupid

The way Toyota is handling this is great. After this is all done with I think this will affect Toyota in a positive way more than negative. Of course there will be a number of people who will never consider Toyota again but thats just the way it is.

Reverend Cooper
02-04-2010, 10:14 PM
It's not always what you did wrong,Its what you do to correct it. an they are doing it right

Fast SVT
02-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Well GM got a pretty good free ride with all of our money.

Reverend Cooper
02-04-2010, 10:35 PM
^ lol and they still might fold up.

Fast SVT
02-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Not to mention that Toyota employs a ton of americans.

I'm not a fan of their vehicles but they are not the devil any more so than other big corporations.

GM has their head up their ass. Ford is doing very well sticking to what they know, which is making good looking exteriors, crappy interiors, and very decent motors.

GM makes great motors (I like pushrods), decent interiors, and ugly as shit exteriors all while doing horrible accounting....

Prince Valiant
02-05-2010, 12:06 AM
To Paraphrase 07roush:

Oh, this is big. This is but another in the long stream of Ford coverups. Like them trying to blame their supplier firestone, before, we'll hear how this is a supplier problem. I bet this engineer get's fired or lynched. Who do they have in the media and gov't covering up for them? Why, in their lawsuits regarding SUA, does ford try to blame the poor helpless victim? Think SUA isn't a problem w/ Ford? Toyota's SUA rate is ~ 1:50,000...Ford is 1: 65,000, and of course, once you control for demographics (women and elder bizarrely suffer higher rates of SUA), Ford may well equal that of Toyota...but do we hear this in the media?!? Throw in the braking problems (that, sure, might be normal operation for regen braking systems) this spells the end of the house of cards that the media have constructed about ford! Giant conspiracies I tell you! GIANT CONSPIRACIES!!!

Now I'm going to proceed to hotlink any and every story that portrays ford in a negative light, whether there are merits there or not...because it's not about the recall's to me. It's about my obnoxious obsession.[/bizarro07roush]

Greg@GLD
02-05-2010, 06:16 AM
To Paraphrase 07roush:

Oh, this is big. This is but another in the long stream of Ford coverups. Like them trying to blame their supplier firestone, before, we'll hear how this is a supplier problem. I bet this engineer get's fired or lynched. Who do they have in the media and gov't covering up for them? Why, in their lawsuits regarding SUA, does ford try to blame the poor helpless victim? Think SUA isn't a problem w/ Ford? Toyota's SUA rate is ~ 1:50,000...Ford is 1: 65,000, and of course, once you control for demographics (women and elder bizarrely suffer higher rates of SUA), Ford may well equal that of Toyota...but do we hear this in the media?!? Throw in the braking problems (that, sure, might be normal operation for regen braking systems) this spells the end of the house of cards that the media have constructed about ford! Giant conspiracies I tell you! GIANT CONSPIRACIES!!!

Now I'm going to proceed to hotlink any and every story that portrays ford in a negative light, whether there are merits there or not...because it's not about the recall's to me. It's about my obnoxious obsession.[/bizarro07roush]

You guys are slackers. You've mentioned the Pinto; I'm wondering why you or Coop hasn't mentioned the known problems with the 60's mustangs that caused gas tank ruptures? :thumbsup

http://www.safetyforum.com/fordmustang/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/05/17/60II/main47539.shtml

07ROUSHSTG3
02-05-2010, 07:13 AM
the only reason i can see your post prince is because someone quoted it. it is as usual a rambling that, while makes your wiener feel big, does nothing to advance discussion, as usual. i am sorry that it upsets you that this is not FORD who is in the headlines, and i apologize that posting links that are related to the topic of the threads hurts your feelings. if you believe for a second that up until this point ford received any preferential treatment from the media you are delusional. you bash me for having a problem with the way toyota has been babied yet the hatred that you spread in every ford thread started is ok?!?! alright.

i didn't even hear about the ford recall on the news today, i guess FORD is getting the toyota treatment, LOL!

oh yeah...and toyota still hasn't officially recalled the 270,000 affected pruis (sp?, what is plural for prius? priui? who cares).

Prince Valiant
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
You've mentioned the Pinto
I've never ever mentioned the Pinto. :rolf

Maybe the pinto-stang... ;)

Reverend Cooper
02-05-2010, 08:11 PM
You guys are slackers. You've mentioned the Pinto; I'm wondering why you or Coop hasn't mentioned the known problems with the 60's mustangs that caused gas tank ruptures? :thumbsup

http://www.safetyforum.com/fordmustang/

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/1999/05/17/60II/main47539.shtml

hey what about the econoline ambulances that used to start on fire to.