PDA

View Full Version : Home-owners...any of you apply for the lottery tax credit?

Yooformula
02-04-2010, 01:49 PM
If so, how much does it usually turn out to be? I heard about it on the mixx this morning and googled it then ended up filling out the forms. apparently home owners are not automatically registered to recieve the credit even though all milwaukee county home owners are eligible. I did apply for the 2009 tax year as a late form and registered for 2010 taxes payable in 2011.

Cryptic
02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
Waukesha county any different? Never heard about any of this.

Yooformula
02-04-2010, 03:10 PM
ok so apparently it is for all homes in wisconsin. sorry about the miss-info.

first check your property tax bill and verify if it is listed on there. if it is not then here's what you do.

1.If you dont have your home registered, use this form (http://www.revenue.wi.gov/forms/lottery/10lc-100.pdf) to register your home so next year you will automatically get the credit.LC-100 form.

2.To apply for the credit for 2009 use this form (http://www.revenue.wi.gov/forms/lottery/10lc-300.pdf). it is the late form for those that missed the deadline which was jan. 1st. LC-300 form.

http://www.revenue.wi.gov/faqs/slf/lottcr.html

Greg@GLD
02-04-2010, 04:09 PM
Most of the taxing districts make people aware of the lottery credit, it should be on the line items, even if you aren't claiming it.
It's not a huge amount of money but it's better than a kick in the ass. To answer how much- On my tax bill, the assessment is $317,000 and the credit is $57.10

(Anybody can look up records so I don't care if it's posted here)

Yooformula
02-04-2010, 05:04 PM
hmmm, it wasnt on any of the lines of the forms I filled out. I had to fill out a separate form for it. From what I was told most people dont know about and arent told about it(only 3k people filed for it last year)especially since the law changed on it 3 times in 5 years so its not an automatic credit.

Greg@GLD
02-04-2010, 05:28 PM
hmmm, it wasnt on any of the lines of the forms I filled out. I had to fill out a separate form for it. From what I was told most people dont know about and arent told about it(only 3k people filed for it last year)especially since the law changed on it 3 times in 5 years so its not an automatic credit.

I've lived up here for 9 years now and they make you aware of it... That's suprising that only 3000 people claimed it... Interesting...

73MACH
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
I got like $85 back. Better than nothing!

nitrous
02-04-2010, 10:41 PM
$64 this year. $65 last year.

Greg@GLD
02-05-2010, 06:22 AM

There's three guys in this topic alone who have claimed it Yoo. I think you might be missing a zero or two there? Not a flame, itj ust sounds like a WAY off number that out of the millions of homeowners who live in this state, which is populated with people who are coupon-clippers and freebie seekers, only 3000 would claim that credit. I'd bet that just in the town I live in (population 11,000) that a majority of people claimed it...

pOrk
02-05-2010, 06:39 AM
Double posttttt

pOrk
02-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Just got my house in july, the lottery credit was on my tax bill

moels
02-05-2010, 06:54 AM
There is a line on my property tax bill as well. When filling out my taxes online, it never asked me for this amount. Maybe it is an automatic thing??? I made a note of it in my tax folder for next year so I am aware though.

Yooformula
02-05-2010, 06:58 AM
ok greg i pulled it out of my ass:rolleyes:. well for the people that DIDNT have it included on their tax bill like myself, it was just an fyi. and it turns out the article I read (http://www.jsonline.com/business/29460209.html) was dated from 2007 in the jsonline so shame on me you are right,i guess within the last 3 years they changed everything and everyone gets its now...cancel my public service announcement greg. thanks for setting me straight.:thumbsup

Greg@GLD
02-05-2010, 07:49 AM
ok greg i pulled it out of my ass:rolleyes:. well for the people that DIDNT have it included on their tax bill like myself, it was just an fyi. and it turns out the article I read (http://www.jsonline.com/business/29460209.html) was dated from 2007 in the jsonline so shame on me you are right,i guess within the last 3 years they changed everything and everyone gets its now...cancel my public service announcement greg. thanks for setting me straight.:thumbsup

Wow... you seem to be taking this rather personally? Wasn't the intent. It shows up on my tax bill as a line item.

/excuses self from post

moels
02-05-2010, 07:56 AM
Greg, it looks like winter is way too long for you. Every time I see you post in a thread lately you are poking a stick at someone. I personally have fun reading it, but I think it is rubbing a few the wrong way. Just an objective observation.

And if you come back at this post in a negative way, I will give you a hangnail! lol

Reverend Cooper
02-05-2010, 08:33 PM
MMA is a great place to stay.