PDA

View Full Version : crazy vid of shootout...stop yelling and start shooting.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 08:28 AM
http://www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com/2010/01/18/ignatius-piazza-stop-screaming-start-shooting/#video

:wooo:wooo:wooo

CATNHAT
02-04-2010, 08:38 AM
HOLY SH*T! did the officer survive?

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 08:42 AM
HOLY SH*T! did the officer survive?

don't know, but you can hear him gargling if you listen close. poor guy.

TheRX7Project
02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
God damn... well you know that dude is going to prison.

That video literally made me sick to my stomach.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 09:24 AM
That video literally made me sick to my stomach.

agreed. gives me goosebumps and makes me want to puke.

TheRX7Project
02-04-2010, 09:34 AM
He was killed at the scene...

Kyle Dinkheller (Corporal)
Laurens County Sheriff's Department
By Cathy Kirby, Dublin, GA USA
Officer Dinkheller was making a routine traffic stop, a gunman emerged from his truck with a .30 carbine rifle. Officer Dinkheller was shot numerous times despite body armor. He was dead at the scene. The murderer was a militia/survivalist type with tunnels and trenches in which he was able to elude law enforcement for the night but was apprehended the next day. He suffered one bullet wound to the abdomen. He is being held for murder. Officer Kyle Dinkheller was an outstanding Sheriff's Deputy and friend...he will be sorely missed.

Kyle W. Dinkheller (Deputy Sheriff)
Laurens County Sheriff's Department
By Angela Dinkheller, Dublin, GA USA
Kyle was my husband, best friend, and father of my children. He was shot and killed in the line of duty January 12,1998. I miss him more than words could ever express. I thank God for the time He allowed Kyle to be a part of my life. He was a wonderful man with a true heart of gold. He is and will forever be my hero.

From: http://www.behindthebadge.net/pmemorial/pmem_d.html
Also see: http://www.odmp.org/officer/15034-deputy-kyle-wayne-dinkheller

That_Guy
02-04-2010, 09:36 AM
i would love to go to front site for a week of training and a springfield xd. i would have shot that fuck the minute he walk to the truck and opened the door. the 30 carbine is nothing to fuck with also. i have one they have the velocity of a 357 coming out of the barrel at 100 yards.

im pissed he fucking refrained from shoot that fuck.. im just sitting here stewing it fucking pisses me off.

TheRX7Project
02-04-2010, 09:45 AM
And see that's why I couldn't be a cop. I would be too on edge because I know people like this waste of oxygen are out there. I'd end up shooting some guy reaching for his wallet or something.

I have a friend who went on a ride-along (he was thinking about becoming a cop) and watched the officer he was with almost shoot someone because the guy kept reaching in his jacket. He said that's when he knew he couldn't become a cop- he would've wasted the guy right there. I probably would've too. It takes extreme self control to do what police/sheriffs/etc. do.

OxmanWI
02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
As soon as the saw a gun pointed at me I would unloaded like no other. What a sad video.

That_Guy
02-04-2010, 09:47 AM
And see that's why I couldn't be a cop. I would be too on edge because I know people like this waste of oxygen are out there. I'd end up shooting some guy reaching for his wallet or something.

I have a friend who went on a ride-along (he was thinking about becoming a cop) and watched the officer he was with almost shoot someone because the guy kept reaching in his jacket. He said that's when he knew he couldn't become a cop- he would've wasted the guy right there. I probably would've too. It takes extreme self control to do what police/sheriffs/etc. do.

he waited to fucking long as soon as i saw a 30 carbine it would have been game over. i would have dumped the clip, reloaded and prepared to double tap the fuck

TheRX7Project
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Oh I agree, as soon as the guy flashed a gun, it should've been lights out. I know we all say this, but I'm sure when you're living it, it's a lot harder to act than it is to talk about it.

That_Guy
02-04-2010, 09:58 AM
Oh I agree, as soon as the guy flashed a gun, it should've been lights out. I know we all say this, but I'm sure when you're living it, it's a lot harder to act than it is to talk about it.

your right i would have shot the guy as he walked back to the truck

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 09:58 AM
sad part is, if he would have dusted the guy as soon as he saw the gun, he probably would have been the focus of an investigation and a lawsuit by the crazy bastards family. it has to be very tough to be a cop nowadays. seems as if you even point your gun at someone you are in for trouble.

That_Guy
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
sad part is, if he would have dusted the guy as soon as he saw the gun, he probably would have been the focus of an investigation and a lawsuit by the crazy bastards family. it has to be very tough to be a cop nowadays. seems as if you even point your gun at someone you are in for trouble.

i would much rather lose me job and serve time in jail then lose my life. fuck that shit! im so pissed about this video. it possibly wrecked my morning.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
i would much rather lose me job and serve time in jail then lose my life. fuck that shit! im so pissed about this video. it possibly wrecked my morning.

oh i totally agree, but i was just pointing out that a cop tazers a crackhead and they have to investigate it?!?! :chair: it is truly a sad direction we are heading.

SLOWC5
02-04-2010, 10:57 AM
Problem is crimals have too many rights, more protection than a citizen

MurphysLaw88GT
02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
I hate this video, it always makes my skin crawl. We studied this particular tape and scenario for a while in classes. Lots of should have done this or that. In the heat of the situation, shit happens and not always in the intended way. An adrenaline dump does strange things to your body and mind. Sad to see it pan out the way it did. Also, If I recall correctly, the assailant in the video had been a Vietnam veteran who had seen extensive combat before. He knew how to handle himself while being shot at, and it was nothing new to him. In my opinion, it showed.
Also, if I recall correctly, the Deputy was known for the ability to proficiently use firearms according to those that he worked with. Many were surprised to see events turn out the way it did. (I am trying to remember the circumstances from years ago, I apologize for any inconsistencies.)
I have never been put in that situation like that before, and surely hope I never am.

whistlin six
02-04-2010, 12:03 PM
damn that's scary.
Seemed like the perfect scenario for a tazer early on.
I assume the officer didn't have one? or didn't choose to use it?

very sad.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-04-2010, 12:09 PM
damn that's scary.
Seemed like the perfect scenario for a tazer early on.
I assume the officer didn't have one? or didn't choose to use it?

very sad.

in 98 i would be surprised if he had one. pepper spray maybe?

whistlin six
02-04-2010, 12:22 PM
in 98 i would be surprised if he had one. pepper spray maybe?

Ah I didn't realize that was from 98.

hrsp
02-04-2010, 01:08 PM
i feel bad for his family...

70 cutlass 442
02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Should have pulled the trigger once he saw the gun... end of story... how does an old, out of shape man manage to out maneuver a full size rifle before a much younger officer can draw and fire his handgun?

Al
02-04-2010, 02:07 PM
I wish I did not see that.

MurphysLaw88GT
02-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Isn't there a saying like "age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill"?

Rocket Power
02-04-2010, 05:08 PM
Piazza's a POS for trying to make money off this officer's death.
And it looks like he's a dirtbag in other ways too http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2009/May-15-Fri-2009/news/28773367.html

SSLEVO
02-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Piazza's a POS for trying to make money off this officer's death.
And it looks like he's a dirtbag in other ways too http://www.pahrumpvalleytimes.com/2009/May-15-Fri-2009/news/28773367.html

That's what i was going to say. The poor guy died and he is talking shit about it after the fact.

Ricky Bobby
02-04-2010, 06:42 PM
I wish I did not see that.

cant bring myself to watch it to see a good person die by the hand of a piece of shit

pOrk
02-04-2010, 07:06 PM
How could the officer have missed? I don't get it, someone trained to use a weapon and missing with that many shots?

This story sucks, and I wish that video hadn't been watched.

1997 Trans-Am
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
I wish I didnt watch that. The screams of the officer were enough for me. I cant even imagine what he was feeling being chased down and shot like that

TheRX7Project
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Honestly, this video haunted me all last night at work. I can still see the gunman run at him, and hear his screams... seriously this fucked up my day, maybe my week. Not something I'll soon forget.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-05-2010, 07:42 AM
yeah. i cannot watch it again.

fivonut
02-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Honestly, this video haunted me all last night at work. I can still see the gunman run at him, and hear his screams... seriously this fucked up my day, maybe my week. Not something I'll soon forget.

As much as that video sucks, there's a valuable lesson to be learned by any of us that intend on going armed for self protection.

Mr Twigbert
02-05-2010, 08:15 AM
They showed us that in the academy.. Pretty hard to watch..

moels
02-05-2010, 08:30 AM
I'm sorry that an officer lost his life, but his inaction was a great factor in the outcome of this shooting.

That_Guy
02-05-2010, 08:46 AM
I'm sorry that an officer lost his life, but his inaction was a great factor in the outcome of this shooting.

sad but true. I know that the pressures in the moment are huge but you shouldnt take the job if you cant pull the trigger. its not all speeding tickets, owi's and battered house wifes. He had ample evidence the man wasn't listening and saw he had the rifle even stated it. this video fucked my day. i kept playing it over and over in my mind thinking "DAMMIT PULL THE TRIGGER"

so sad. so frustrating

TheRX7Project
02-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Yeah you want to jump through the camera and help the guy out.

moels
02-05-2010, 09:33 AM
Yeah you want to jump through the camera and help the guy out.

Exactly the feeling I had, that is why it is so hard to watch.

Reverend Cooper
02-05-2010, 08:30 PM
Yeah the criminal has all the rights,untill he kills the guy,now its ok. I feel bad for good cops that have their hands tied worried about lawsuits,and some that are just to scared to defend themselves.