PDA

View Full Version : Spring Cruise is RESCHEDULED

DamonZ28
05-22-2004, 05:56 AM
The weather radar this morning shows solid rain, and it looks like it's going to last all day. The cruise is cancelled for today, and rescheduled for June 5. I apologize to those who can't make it that day, but today's weather looks horrible.

Once again, Ron S. is going to lead a cruise today, despite the weather. So for those who don't see this message, or who want to go anyway, Ron will be at the meeting location at the normal starting time.

97z2801ss
05-22-2004, 01:38 PM
Damnit! I cant go the 5th I graduate:(

MitchMeister-
05-22-2004, 02:53 PM
sweeeeet. i can make it now.

Heat Seeker WS6
05-22-2004, 07:44 PM
8 of us did the route and NOT A DROP OF RAIN while doing it!!! The course they picked out was fantastic with great twisties & scenery. Looking forward to doing it again the 5th.
john

02hawk796
05-22-2004, 11:35 PM
Thanks to all who came, and thanks very much to those who loaned out their radios so that we all had a well coordinated, fun day. I don't think everybody was driving their car sideways, but it seems most of us did exceed our performance envelope under today's conditions.

The worst part was getting to the starting point (sorry I was a little late), the Interstate was covered in water and it was raining. We waited until 9:20 to depart just in case others had hydroplaning issues on the way there.
On Hwy 20 the road was still wet so we did get road spray although no rain, then Hwy D and Maple Rd were warming up, and back on Hwy 20 we had dry roads. After our East Troy break, we got some sprinkles here and there but nothing to affect the driving - just the gravel that has washed into the road. It sprinkled some more while we were in Subway, and by the time we got back to Hwy 20, my top was down to stay for the rest of the day.
From Holy Hill area on, the roads were essentially dry, and they were really great in the key areas between West Bend and Greenbush, where all the best roads were taken for the first time.
At Wayne's Drive-In, it finally started sprinkling again about 6:30, and we had arrived about 5pm. All the cars survived, but the roadkill figures increased. Some of these drivers will be back in 2 weeks, and I wish you all a good time, good weather, and an enjoyable trip then.

Later, Ron