PDA

View Full Version : FREE SPAY / Neuter for Cats and Pitbulls!!!! Saturday, February 27, 2010

pOrk
02-03-2010, 02:49 PM
This is at MADACC, and PRE-Registration is required. I had my dog neutered here and it is a great facility. Here is the info:

MADACC's Spay/Neuter-a-thon! (3839 W. Burnham St., West Milwaukee)
Date: 2010-02-03, 8:25AM CST
Reply to: comm-bb82j-1583802416@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission’s (MADACC)
FREE Spay/Neuter-a-thon Event

For Milwaukee County’s Most At-Risk Animals---
Pit Bulls, Pit bull Mixes and Cats

Saturday, February 27, 2010

In honor of Spay Day 2010 (recognized on Tuesday, February 23rd) Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) is hosting a Spay/Neuter-a-thon event on Saturday, February 27, 2010 to target Milwaukee County’s most at risk pet population---Pit Bulls, Pit Bull mixes and cats. The event will provide Milwaukee County Pit Bull and Cat owners an opportunity to have their dogs and cats spayed or neutered for FREE.

All surgeries include an examination by a veterinarian. All animals must have a current rabies vaccination and current Milwaukee County pet license or the owner must be willing to have their animal rabies vaccinated ($15) and licensed at MADACC ($12) at the time of the spay/neuter surgery.

Pre-registration is required and spaces are limited. Please call 414-649-8640 for information on registering your pet.

MADACC regularly offers reduced-cost spay and neuter operations, starting at $45 for cats and $60 for dogs.

According to the Humane Society of the United States, 6-8 million cats and dogs nationwide that enter shelters every year. It is estimated than half of them are euthanized. We have a similar problem in our community that takes the lives of thousands of adoptable cats and dogs, puppies and kittens. In fact, euthanasia is the leading cause of death among companion animals, striking more pets than cancer, rabies, feline leukemia and heartworm combined. Spay/Neuter is the only solution to end pet overpopulation.

Also, spaying and neutering pets can be beneficial to pets and owners as well. Spaying or neutering a pet can reduce offensive behaviors like urine spraying as well as eliminate or reduce the risks of ovarian, uterine, mammary, testicular and prostate cancers.

For more information please call 414-649-8640 or visit www.madacc.com.

About Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC)

Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) provides animal regulation and care services which protect the health, public safety and welfare of people and animals in Milwaukee County.

MADACC currently rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary and humane care for nearly 13,000 stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated and injured animals each year — more than any other animal shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC provides a central location for owners to find and recover their lost pets at 3839 W. Burnham St. in West Milwaukee and is open seven days a week, including evening hours on weekdays. MADACC removes dangerous and stray animals from public areas providing effective animal control services by active enforcement of Wisconsin State Statues pertaining to animal welfare.

MADACC is an organization charged with the responsibility of rescuing thousands of lost and homeless animals and animals suffering from cruelty, neglect and indifference.

Animal Care and Control facilities are often referred to derogatorily as “the pound”. They are often one of the most misunderstood organizations in any community. Although their mission is to save lives, their community’s irresponsible pet ownership requires them to euthanize animals, and then they are faulted for doing so. These organizations don’t have the luxury of shrinking from the life and death issues of animal welfare. They are the only animal welfare agency in any community that has to address the issue of pet euthanasia head on every minute of every day.

For more information, please call 414-649-8640 or visit our website www.madacc.com.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/pet/1583802416.html

Car Guy
02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
The 'man' is trying to keep the Pitbulls down.....:durr

lordairgtar
02-04-2010, 12:10 AM
They should Spay/neuter those people who've been killing their kids lately!

Cryptic
02-04-2010, 01:05 AM
My puppy is just about due for her's.

Yooformula
02-04-2010, 01:16 AM
hahahah so is mine. doggy diapers aka maxipads in full use until she gets fixed.

WhatsADSM
02-04-2010, 11:01 AM
My Shepherd is happy about this. Less competition for the ladies he says.

Serious question tho... why are pits the most at risk?

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 11:05 AM
Serious question tho... why are pits the most at risk?

Pit bulls are at no greater risk of reproducing than any other breed. The reason pit bulls are included is this program is the City of Milwaukee is trying to keep the pit bull population as low as possible.....

WhatsADSM
02-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Pit bulls are at no greater risk of reproducing than any other breed. The reason pit bulls are included is this program is the City of Milwaukee is trying to keep the pit bull population as low as possible.....

Right... but why does the MASACC say they are more at risk? Or you are just saying "at risk" is synonymous with "we don't want too many pits" ?

In honor of Spay Day 2010 (recognized on Tuesday, February 23rd) Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission (MADACC) is hosting a Spay/Neuter-a-thon event on Saturday, February 27, 2010 to target Milwaukee County’s most at risk pet population---Pit Bulls, Pit Bull mixes and cats. The event will provide Milwaukee County Pit Bull and Cat owners an opportunity to have their dogs and cats spayed or neutered for FREE.

-stew-
02-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Pitbulls suck.

:popcorn

GOOD LS1
02-04-2010, 11:21 AM
they are misunderstood

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
Right... but why does the MASACC say they are more at risk? Or you are just saying "at risk" is synonymous with "we don't want too many pits" ?

'At risk' meaning the odds of killing or seriously injuring someone are greater than any other breed. Not to mention they are the main breed used for underground dog fighting, which is a common occurrence in Milwaukee whether you realize it or not.....

they are misunderstood

Yes, but that is a result of misuse by humans for a VERY long time.....

GOOD LS1
02-04-2010, 11:26 AM
yes owner fault not dogs

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 11:27 AM
yes owner fault not dogs

Correct.....:thumbsup

HY35F2T
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
yes owner fault not dogs
Excatly i know 2 people with pits and there happy jump around dogs.Never barked at me out of aggression but my bros german shep/huskey mix did.It was in a bad home before he got it.

If you look in craigslist alot of people have had there pit's stolen prolly used for breeding.

WhatsADSM
02-04-2010, 11:56 AM
'At risk' meaning the odds of killing or seriously injuring someone are greater than any other breed. Not to mention they are the main breed used for underground dog fighting, which is a common occurrence in Milwaukee whether you realize it or not.....

Yes, but that is a result of misuse by humans for a VERY long time.....

I see, no need to take it personal. I was just wondering why they were considered "at risk".

As an aside I just got the call back from my clinic. Its between ~$550-~$700 to neuter my dog (cryptorchid neuter) and chip him while he is under. I definately hear great things about my vet, but I gotta be honest that was definately more than I was expecting!

Dr.Buick
02-04-2010, 12:02 PM
I see, no need to take it personal. I was just wondering why they were considered "at risk".

As an aside I just got the call back from my clinic. Its between ~$550-~$700 to neuter my dog (cryptorchid neuter) and chip him while he is under. I definately hear great things about my vet, but I gotta be honest that was definately more than I was expecting!
Better than 3500 per puppie.:rolf

WhatsADSM
02-04-2010, 12:21 PM
Better than 3500 per puppie.:rolf

This is true.. Are you volunteering the cash?

This next time Stabler sees her will likely be the last time we ever have to worry about "that".

juicedimpss
02-04-2010, 12:25 PM

i wonder if you could get a civil suit going for racism,since they are targeting ONE breed.

WhatsADSM
02-04-2010, 12:42 PM
i wonder if you could get a civil suit going for racism,since they are targeting ONE breed.

Now thats an idea! See they are always trying to hold down the man.

It's cause my dog is black and red isn't it. :rolf If not then probably because he is German.

Dr.Buick
02-04-2010, 12:59 PM
Now thats an idea! See they are always trying to hold down the man.

It's cause my dog is black and red isn't it. :rolf If not then probably because he is German.
its because you have money. most people that have pits should not have pits.:devil

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
I see, no need to take it personal.

I didn't.....:goof

pOrk
02-04-2010, 06:36 PM
Pitbulls are at risk due to theft from my understanding. I would love to have a Pit puppy, but my insurance doesn't allow them and I cant afford other insurance companies just yet. As soon as I can afford State Farm, I will be switching for this reason alone :)

michelle
02-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Spaying/Neutering is the smart, sensible thing to do, so it's nice to see programs like this available. Unless you are going to better the breed, leave the breeding to experienced individuals that do health backgrounds, genetic testing, proper shots, etc.

Backyard breeders are the devil.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y205/AZTAP/waterboy.jpg

/end speech