PDA

View Full Version : And now probelems with Chevy COBALT's....

77thor
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
This sounds really bad...

http://money.cnn.com/2010/02/02/autos/chevy_cobalt/index.htm

Who's next???

Flicktitty
02-03-2010, 12:23 PM
i wonder if this will get as much publicity being an AMERICAN product?

07ROUSHSTG3
02-03-2010, 12:25 PM
do you mean to tell me that the cobalt is a POS?

don't need the government to tell me that, but it will be interesting to see if this takes front page over toyotas problems. probably not since the honda one is nowhere to be seen. i know one thing, i am sure that toyota is a little happy to see this.

BAD LS1
02-03-2010, 12:45 PM
Ha ok so the ePower seering goes away, not like it disconnects any steering ability though... just like it would be if the PS belt came off a conventional system. Good thing these cars go away soon! haha

Prince Valiant
02-03-2010, 12:51 PM
The world is spinning out of control! corporations are striking back! ARM YOURSELVES!!!
ARM YOUSELVES!!!

TO THE CHOPPA!!!

-stew-
02-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Get used to hearing about this shit. Cars with recalls will be this years shark attacks.

Exitspeed
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Shit is one giant rolling snowball.

animal
02-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Ha ok so the ePower seering goes away, not like it disconnects any steering ability though... just like it would be if the PS belt came off a conventional system. Good thing these cars go away soon! haha

I guess I too am wondering how this is any different than how power steering has been for.. well... ever? Even with the belt intact if the engine dies it's just as hard to steer? So does that mean there should be an inquisition any time a certain model car has a stalling problem?

man would we be fucked if the power steering went AND the pedal was stuck... how would we ever be able to steer with manual steering AND shift into neutral? :goof

BAD LS1
02-03-2010, 01:57 PM
I guess I too am wondering how this is any different than how power steering has been for.. well... ever? Even with the belt intact if the engine dies it's just as hard to steer? So does that mean there should be an inquisition any time a certain model car has a stalling problem?

man would we be fucked if the power steering went AND the pedal was stuck... how would we ever be able to steer with manual steering AND shift into neutral? :goof

ha this isnt as big of a deal as the toyota thing though, people will probably praise the car when it happens because it might actually gain some steering feel! these cars feel so vague and dead steering wise anyway.

Worst case scenario i think is if you are at a fairly high speed and the engine quits, because not all only do you loose power, you loose power steering, then if you step on the brakes like more than once you loose power brakes then too and end up with a rock hard pedal that doesnt do shit hahah.

Crawlin
02-03-2010, 02:09 PM
LMAO!!!

Those cars are POS's, what do you all expect?

Although if it's happening on those cars, you know that means that the malibu complaints will be coming down the pipeline for the 2004+ cars. Pretty much same set up.

BAD LS1
02-03-2010, 02:29 PM
LMAO!!!

Those cars are POS's, what do you all expect?

Although if it's happening on those cars, you know that means that the malibu complaints will be coming down the pipeline for the 2004+ cars. Pretty much same set up.

And HHR's......................

Windsors 03 Cobra
02-03-2010, 02:35 PM
Ford was sued for stalling cars a class action suit in Kaleefornia and maybe more I dunno. Stalling ? Shit try dead in the water and not starting again for awhile.
This was when the dist. mounted TFI modules were burning up/flaking out on EVERY Ford made. :rolf:thumbsup

GTSLOW
02-03-2010, 02:58 PM
Get used to hearing about this shit. Cars with recalls will be this years shark attacks.

This is true.

Plum Crazy
02-03-2010, 03:02 PM
yup, 34,000 chryslers last week with weak brake pedal push rod retainer clips. I dont know about other manufacturers, but Chrysler also has "quiet recalls" called Rapid Response Transmitals (RRT's) They range from incorrect weather stripping to PCM flashes to hard parts like calipers, control arms and rims. Shit is crazy!

07ROUSHSTG3
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
yup, 34,000 chryslers last week with weak brake pedal push rod retainer clips. I dont know about other manufacturers, but Chrysler also has "quiet recalls" called Rapid Response Transmitals (RRT's) They range from incorrect weather stripping to PCM flashes to hard parts like calipers, control arms and rims. Shit is crazy!

i do not consider RRTs "quiet recalls".

Plum Crazy
02-03-2010, 03:11 PM
really? 5 Chrysler recalls have started out as RRT'S

07ROUSHSTG3
02-03-2010, 03:22 PM
really? 5 Chrysler recalls have started out as RRT'S

i see what you are saying, but most of the RRTs that i saw when we were stuck working on them were cosmetic or fit and finish things. or a radiator cap or spoiler trim, or stupid shit like that. also the point of a rrt is to prevent a recall, so while i see what you are saying, i do not consider them quiet recalls, more like preventative maintenance. to each there own.

i am just happy we are not working on them anymore :thumbsup

Plum Crazy
02-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I still am! car comes in for an LOF and had 6 RRTs on it! easy money maker, .2 at a time!

CATNHAT
02-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I talked to a toyota lover today and he said the toyota recall is being pushed on by the obama campaign now that the gummint owns GM :stare

I guess the logic is destroy the competition at any cost???

The one thing we actually do need now is a recall of OBAMA!

07ROUSHSTG3
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
I talked to a toyota lover today and he said the toyota recall is being pushed on by the obama campaign now that the gummint owns GM :stare

yup, heard the same thing on another site today. crazy. funny part is, most of the people that drive toyotas probably voted for the guy.

Plum Crazy
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM

get that political BS outta here! You want to talk conspiricies, take it to the heated discussion area! If this was ford, they'd be doing the same thing!

WhatsADSM
02-03-2010, 03:36 PM

You actually believed that crap?

jbiscuit
02-03-2010, 03:46 PM
OH THE HORROR!!!!!

Menace on the roadways! :rolf

That_Guy
02-03-2010, 03:49 PM
this is nothing new. they have been replacing steering collums in cobalts for some time. lets not fail to mention the fuel injector recall where the injectors would short out and set the car onfire!

i think the controll arms should be part of the recall they are fucking junk. one of these days ill upload the pictures of my old ones.

Anakonda69
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
least they are admitting it and trying to work it out instead of hiding the fact they may have faulty equipment.

johnny--2k
02-03-2010, 04:45 PM
this is not new to GM. My ex's G6 did it to her a few times on the freeway, kinda scary actually. They extended the warranty for it out to 70K miles on the g6's and she was at 69965 when it got to the dealership. Fixed, and no more problems, at least not since the last time we were together :goof:

CATNHAT
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
You actually believed that crap?

NO! I think it is ridiculous and laughable what some people come up with.

get that political BS outta here! You want to talk conspiricies, take it to the heated discussion area! If this was ford, they'd be doing the same thing!

Relax..............

OxmanWI
02-03-2010, 05:42 PM
I have a 2006 Chevy Cobalt...is there any hope for me?:crying

Reverend Cooper
02-03-2010, 06:37 PM
ahahaha just like the transportation secretary that told everyone to stop driving their toyotas today,he swallowed those words quickly.
it will be great to see if any other manufacture's get balsted as bad as toyota. I doubt it tho as its amercan made lolz

CATNHAT
02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
^^they HAVE been getting blasted, for decades. Not saying they didnt deserve some recognition for the recalls, but now it is toyrotas turn to feel the pain.

Plum Crazy
02-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Firestone ruined Fords name for years after the Explorer tire fiasco

lordairgtar
02-03-2010, 11:59 PM
ZOMG! I have an HHR! Help me. But seriously, I have had little trouble with mine. The only problem was the shitty brake rotors on it that were made in China. i don't understand the whys and wherefores of the thing, but GM's fix was to grind the rotors true and in 1500 miles the problem would return. Got me some Canadian made ones at the NAPA store and no trouble since. NAPA even has Chinese made ones at a lessor cost but probably better quality ones than GM sourced. I still sprung for the higher cost Great White North ones.

FoxStang
02-04-2010, 12:32 AM
Talk about things that should have been recalled, CVT transmissions from Saturn Vue's, the one in my old Vue took a shit at 45,000 miles. Absolute Junk, I won't even mention how much the new trans was...

There were a couple that locked up on people on the freeway, highway department never did anything about that. Then again GM denied knowing about it, even though they extended the warranty on the just the trans for CVT Vue's. There was a class action on it but it got thrown out after GM declared Bankruptcy, BS.

That_Guy
02-04-2010, 09:50 AM
ZOMG! I have an HHR! Help me. But seriously, I have had little trouble with mine. The only problem was the shitty brake rotors on it that were made in China. i don't understand the whys and wherefores of the thing, but GM's fix was to grind the rotors true and in 1500 miles the problem would return. Got me some Canadian made ones at the NAPA store and no trouble since. NAPA even has Chinese made ones at a lessor cost but probably better quality ones than GM sourced. I still sprung for the higher cost Great White North ones.

tell me about it! i replaced the rotors on my car the new aftermarket ones where lightyears ahead of the factory ones. im so dissapointed in how under engineer some shit is on the delta platform