PDA

View Full Version : Dave and Busters

GOOD LS1
02-02-2010, 11:21 AM
Opening March 1st:banana1::banana

2201 North Mayfair Road Wauwatosa, WI 53226

WhatsADSM
02-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Yea I saw that. Looks like a really nice facility.

BCM meet there?

GOOD LS1
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
Figured so....little bit closer than the Mineshaft meetups for most.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 11:29 AM
I hope it doesn't turn ghetto. I mean look what they had to do with the arcade area at the theater in Mayfair.

I want them to open one of these in New Berlin. The Sportsman Warehouse location on Beloit Rd and Moorland would be perfect.

Deggy
02-02-2010, 11:38 AM
I can't wait!

SLOWC5
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
I hope it doesn't turn ghetto. I mean look what they had to do with the arcade area at the theater in Mayfair.

I want them to open one of these in New Berlin. The Sportsman Warehouse location on Beloit Rd and Moorland would be perfect.

Thats the reason Ewald Mayfair got out, I assume the offer to buy the land helped make that decision too

JEFF

Car Guy
02-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I can't wait, still have plenty of credits on my D&B card.....:headbang

Yooformula
02-02-2010, 12:51 PM
ghetto in 3 months tops just like that nice new pick and save.

Prince Valiant
02-02-2010, 01:12 PM
do they have good food?

WhatsADSM
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
do they have good food?

Okay. Nothing to write home about. But it is a good deal when you buy the food + credits thing they offer.

I agree with everyone... it will be very interesting to see how they deal with security.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Do they usually have pool tables?

I went to a place in Chicago like 9 years ago that might have been a D&B. It had a bar and pool tables too. It was like 2 stories.

jbiscuit
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
I agree with comments already that it will be total ghetto in less than 3 months. I'll plan to go right away when it opens.

GOOD LS1
02-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Do they usually have pool tables?

I went to a place in Chicago like 9 years ago that might have been a D&B. It had a bar and pool tables too. It was like 2 stories.

Yes they do. And they are age regulated as well. Geared towards 21-50's. No one under 21 allowed unless you are with someone OVER 25. So the "ghetto" may not get so bad. The families tend to fade away as it gets later. This truly is meant to be an adult playground.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes they do. And they are age regulated as well. Geared towards 21-50's. No one under 21 allowed unless you are with someone OVER 25. So the "ghetto" may not get so bad. The families tend to fade away as it gets later. This truly is meant to be an adult playground.

Holy crap really? That would be SO sweet if that is the case.

GOOD LS1
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Holy crap really? That would be SO sweet if that is the case.

http://www.daveandbusters.com/Misc/HousePolicies.aspx

Age policies vary by location, so visit the locations (http://www.daveandbusters.com/locations/default.aspx) section on DaveandBusters.com or check with the local store for the latest information. Guests under the age of 18 or 21 (varies by location) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian 25 or 30 (varies by location) years of age or older, who agrees to be responsible for the conduct and safety of the underage guests. One parent or guardian can accompany up to a maximum of six underage guests. Underage guests must remain with their parent or guardian. Our other guests appreciate this, and our insurance carrier requires it.

Chances are they will go with the 21 age policy to follow suit with how Mayfair is handling traffic. (BTW has anyone been to Mayfair on a Friday or Sat after 3? It's great!)

WhatsADSM
02-02-2010, 02:56 PM
Chances are they will go with the 21 age policy to follow suit with how Mayfair is handling traffic. (BTW has anyone been to Mayfair on a Friday or Sat after 3? It's great!)

My wife has been carded a few times at Mayfair when shopping... even when the rule was 18 yr. old :rolf She LOVES it.

Truthfully Mayfair has their hands full with security but IMO they are doing a pretty good job with it.

So yea when are having a get-together at D&B?

Deggy
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
Let's arrange something for the opening day of the place.

CPonyGo
02-02-2010, 02:59 PM
Then I am going to have to call Exitspeed to play pool..dammit

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 03:22 PM
I'm up for some pool. I wanna check this place out.

pOrk
02-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Im down for a D&B meet

Deggy
02-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Im down for a D&B meet

Shoot me a text/call when you go. I'm down for some fun.

WhatsADSM
02-02-2010, 04:04 PM
So yea I am down for a meet. Although I dunno if it should be the very first day, it might be pretty packed. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd day?

Deggy
02-02-2010, 04:06 PM
So yea I am down for a meet. Although I dunno if it should be the very first day, it might be pretty packed. Maybe the 2nd or 3rd day?

Good thinking! I remember I went to the Sonic on Miller Park way when it opened and it was packed the first day.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 04:12 PM

I think it's gonna be packed for weeks. Does a week night work for people? Maybe an off night like a Wed.

Deggy
02-02-2010, 04:17 PM
I think it's gonna be packed for weeks. Does a week night work for people? Maybe an off night like a Wed.

I am currently laid off work, so I got all the time in the world.

Crawlin
02-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Meet would be cool, but I don't want to be anywhere close to there on opening day.

I'm sure they do good with security as this isn't some small number of location place. They are all over the nation if I reember right. First one I went to was in Denver and it was pretty fun.

Neal Steffek
02-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I know a LOT of dirt on that place already. I actually applied for a job there and was turned down after the 3rd interview because I was too experienced to be a bartender. :goof

The GM of the place has NO clue what she is doing. All her managers who are working for her who recommend people to work there as bartenders or wait staff she turned down. Rumor has it she is only hired people with no experience so no one can show her up.

Ghetto in 3 months, Tosa shuts them down in a year, just like Milwaukee did to Bootleggers.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I know a LOT of dirt on that place already. I actually applied for a job there and was turned down after the 3rd interview because I was too experienced to be a bartender. :goof

The GM of the place has NO clue what she is doing. All her managers who are working for her who recommend people to work there as bartenders or wait staff she turned down. Rumor has it she is only hired people with no experience so no one can show her up.

That is the worst way to run a place.

Ghetto in 3 months, Tosa shuts them down in a year, just like Milwaukee did to Bootleggers.

Bootleggers had the worst management I have ever seen. It also had the worst service I've ever had. And I am not picky when it comes to that place. There was two instances with this place that were inexcusable. And they didn't even apologize for their service.

pOrk
02-02-2010, 04:49 PM
How about March 10th, 6:30 PM?

Car Guy
02-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Is this an eat and games meet or just games...???

pOrk
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Is this an eat and games meet or just games...???

FOOD + GAME :thumbsup

WhatsADSM
02-02-2010, 05:01 PM
March 10th 6:30 sounds good to me.

pOrk
02-02-2010, 05:08 PM
March 10th 6:30 sounds good to me.

:thumbsup

Neal Steffek
02-02-2010, 05:11 PM
This was the E mail I was sent

Dear Neal:

Thank you very much for your time and interest in employment opportunities with Dave & Buster's, Wauwatosa. It was a pleasure having the opportunity to review your application and I appreciate your patience throughout our application process.

At this time, we do not have any positions that will take full advantage of your experience and career goals. We appreciate your interest in Dave & Buster's, and wish you much success in your career advancement.

I called back when I got the E mail because I was confused. They told me they would not be able to pay me enough even though I didn't ask for a lot, just tips. (I only wanted to be a bartender). When I asked what that meant she said that because of my resume and application she was afraid I would work there for a month or two then quit because anyone else would want to hire me as a manager. (overqualified)

I then told her I had no problem being a bartender and going into a MIT class at D&B to become a manager. That is when she started to cover he own ass. I have heard the same thing from other managers who are afraid of their employees showing them up and making them look bad to upper management because they out perform the person who hired them. Some SHADY stuff over there.

I will say this though, the one bar manager I talked to seemed really nice though.

Deggy
02-03-2010, 08:26 AM
Bootleggers is closed now?

Neal Steffek
02-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Bootleggers is closed now?

Have been for over 2 weeks now. City of Milwaukee suspended their luqure licence for a month. Main reason is the place is managed by idiots. If you want more details feel free to ask.

Exitspeed
02-03-2010, 09:05 AM
How about March 10th, 6:30 PM?

I can try making it. Only reason I can see me not coming is if the wife goes into labor 2 weeks early. :durr

Deggy
02-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Have been for over 2 weeks now. City of Milwaukee suspended their luqure licence for a month. Main reason is the place is managed by idiots. If you want more details feel free to ask.

I don't go to water street very often, but that was a place all my friends always wanted to go. That place was alright, a little ghetto for my taste, but whatever. I wonder if a good bar will open in it's place.

johnny--2k
02-03-2010, 11:30 AM
I will try to be there!!

Cryptic
02-03-2010, 12:28 PM

good call..

Neal Steffek
02-03-2010, 01:10 PM
The new D&B is the smallest D&B they have. They have no plans what so ever putting a new one around Milwaukee ever. It just isn't that type of place.

mrz28M6
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
weird considering bootleggers is hiring for bartenders on craigslist. lol

BAD LS1
02-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Quick hi-jack, u ever sell that Z?

Anakonda69
02-03-2010, 04:00 PM
my buddy painted the dave and busters on mayfair. hopefully they open soon.

MoCkiN U
02-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Its a really good practice to hire people under you who can out perform you. In a leadership role it is your job to make the place succesful or profitable and you cant possibly be good at everything so having people under you who are skilled in areas where you arent can ONLY help you. The goal of management is to get tasks completed through others and NOT to complete them yourself to get credit. Hell, you will get more recognition by having those people under you and teaching then developing those people. You will get tons of accolades for that alone and by accident you will become better yourself because their skills will rub off on you if you just pay attention. Shame that person might not get the idea but there seems to be a good be of assuming going on there too.

Neal Steffek
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM

They have to, almost everyone left 3 weeks ago. Would you stick at a job where someone gets fired every day and then the place gets shut down for a month?

Neal Steffek
02-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Its a really good practice to hire people under you who can out perform you. In a leadership role it is your job to make the place succesful or profitable and you cant possibly be good at everything so having people under you who are skilled in areas where you arent can ONLY help you. The goal of management is to get tasks completed through others and NOT to complete them yourself to get credit. Hell, you will get more recognition by having those people under you and teaching then developing those people. You will get tons of accolades for that alone and by accident you will become better yourself because their skills will rub off on you if you just pay attention. Shame that person might not get the idea but there seems to be a good be of assuming going on there too.

I agree.

Crawlin
02-03-2010, 06:10 PM
She also makes a VERY valid point though about the hiring thing...

any management right now is very picky on who tehy hire based on those qualifications. She's absolutely right... you can apply there and then go through the MIT, but halfway through it IF you did get an offer for $10k/year better and a management position at a similar place with similar advancements, I'll call bullshit if you say you'd stick it out at D&B just to see what happens. That's what she is trying to protect. Investment of training twice. And on top of that, even with your salary request, there may be others(hell from Bootlegger's since you said they quit) that are willing to do it for less without the management experience you have.

Today's market is too volatile to have that stuff happen. Hell I had a conversation about school stuff with my dad the other day. He won't hire someone with a 4.0 from an engineering school cause he knows they are just trying to get some experience before going back for their master's and go into design, not management. Experience tells him that.

I'm sure it could be to cover her own ass, you had the personal conversation with her. I just see valid points in what she was saying.

Neal Steffek
02-03-2010, 06:33 PM
She also makes a VERY valid point though about the hiring thing...

any management right now is very picky on who tehy hire based on those qualifications. She's absolutely right... you can apply there and then go through the MIT, but halfway through it IF you did get an offer for $10k/year better and a management position at a similar place with similar advancements, I'll call bullshit if you say you'd stick it out at D&B just to see what happens. That's what she is trying to protect. Investment of training twice. And on top of that, even with your salary request, there may be others(hell from Bootlegger's since you said they quit) that are willing to do it for less without the management experience you have.

Today's market is too volatile to have that stuff happen. Hell I had a conversation about school stuff with my dad the other day. He won't hire someone with a 4.0 from an engineering school cause he knows they are just trying to get some experience before going back for their master's and go into design, not management. Experience tells him that.

I'm sure it could be to cover her own ass, you had the personal conversation with her. I just see valid points in what she was saying.

Yea I understand that also to a point. But if someone comes in you can't pass up, you give them the job and try to keep them if they are good people. Kinda basic. You don't want your place filled with idiots that dont know how to do their jobs but are saving a few bucks on payroll. Good people will make the company money.

Yooformula
02-03-2010, 10:59 PM
yeah but Neal, sometimes it easier to train a newb idiot to do EXACTLY what/how you want than to have to train and break the old habits of an experienced employee. I didnt always hire the experienced guy either, it gave the servers more incentive to work harder to get the promotion up to the bar. Too much experience back there leaves them no hope of getting promoted.

lordairgtar
02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow, a Chucky Cheese for adults.

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Wow, a Chucky Cheese for adults.

Yes, but without the cheese factory.....;)

lordairgtar
02-04-2010, 12:11 AM
Yes, but without the cheese factory.....;)
...and the annoying kids

FoxStang
02-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Yet both have liquor licenses...

Crawlin
02-04-2010, 07:35 AM
One has alcohol to GAIN customers - D&B

One has alcohol to KEEP customers SANE - Chucky Cheese

hahaha. all those brats running around I'd definitely need some beer.

Neal Steffek
02-04-2010, 08:00 AM
Yet both have liquor licenses...

Chucky Cheese has not served booze for some years now. Again, piss poor people running the place.

Car Guy
02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
Chucky Cheese has not served booze for some years now.

Booze is not served but beer is.....:alcoholic

Neal Steffek
02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Booze is not served but beer is.....:alcoholic

Beer is not either. At least not the ones in Brookfield or West Allis.