PDA

View Full Version : boot question.... again

theavenger333
02-01-2010, 12:31 AM
hey so after digging around for a few years, and following other's recommendations, i got a pair of boots i love. steel toes, they fit great, are comfy, and weren't TOO expensive. my problem is moisture. sorry, it's "gross" but being on my feet all day, i sweat. normally it's not a major problem, but i work in coolers or a freezer all day and my feet turn to blocks. it's bad enough my socks get not wet but a bit damp, enough to make them cold after my boots come off. i've tried conventional powder, it did okay but it makes a mess and i've heard it can harden the inside of the boots. any suggestions?

lordairgtar
02-01-2010, 07:04 PM
Aren't there some kind of socks that wick off moisture?

badass88gt
02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
I dont know but I am following this one, I have the same problem, and mine just started recently. I wore my steel toes all year last summer, out riding ATVs, at work, etc without any trouble, and the last couple of weeks my feet have been sweating and its f'n gross.

Prince Valiant
02-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Do your feet and hands tend to sweat a lot? Do the soles of your feet ever look "pitted"? There are some medical conditions that might be contributing to your feet sweating excessively....and this could change how to best manage your foot moisture...

badass88gt
02-01-2010, 08:02 PM
In my case, no, not really. I never really had sweaty smelly feet problems until the last 3-4 weeks or so.

y2kws6
02-01-2010, 08:50 PM
In military we were two pair of socks; a thin pair first and wool pair over them.
Works for the sweat and warmth.

Dan

theavenger333
02-02-2010, 03:32 AM
Do your feet and hands tend to sweat a lot? Do the soles of your feet ever look "pitted"? There are some medical conditions that might be contributing to your feet sweating excessively....and this could change how to best manage your foot moisture...

no, not really. this just started coming on in the past year, and it happens with other shoes as well. there are socks to help prevent this stuff but they're not cheap..... at least not for socks. my main concern is the fact that my socks get slightly damp enough to get my feet cold.

Gregor
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Is your leather not breathing? After a few months I also have the same problem and I fixed it by using goldbonds, and saddle soaping my boots. I also stayed away from mink oiling my boots since that seals them. Leather does breath, its werid but it does.

I really had it bad in the military, which is bad because if you screw up your feet your feet screw you back. I switched to a pair of Jungle boots with vents and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.