PDA

View Full Version : Rain date for Spring Cruise

DamonZ28
05-21-2004, 03:35 PM
I will make an official decision about the spring cruise by 6pm CST. Right now, the weather is showing "strong" storms for the Milwaukee area tomorrow. If I cancel the official event, the rain date is going to be June 5.

HOWEVER!!! Ron S. is going to run the route tomorrow, rain or shine. He did most of the scouting for the route this year, and knows it better than I do, so he is more than capable of leading. So if anyone is still interested in going, there will be someone there to lead. I know there are others going as well.

02hawk796
05-21-2004, 04:32 PM
If the Cruise is officially cancelled, we will still run the Cruise Route the same as it is posted, unless the group is small and they vote to add a few minor fun changes.
If officially cancelled, for those who do show up, I will be able to provide each car/driver with specific and detailed directions to their home or other destination, should they choose to break off early. If torrential rains or very hazardous weather occurs, we can find a spot to sit it out, and then continue onwards (all the forecasts show "scattered", or intermittent T-storms). Last year we ended up driving in between whatever rain occurred (we didn't see any, and it was over 10 degrees warmer than the rain date).
The route does cross several major highways (like interstates) at regular intervals, and directions can be given to return home or anyplace else around WI.
If the official Cruise is cancelled, we will make an opportunity to pick up lunch along the route.
Any questions?

For those who will show up rain or shine, you can post here or in the next thread I start that you will attend.
Otherwise we still meet at 8:30 and depart at 9:00am (as long as I wake up :D)
If the official Cruise is not cancelled, please disregard this post.

02hawk796
05-21-2004, 04:42 PM
AAArrrrgh.
This new software does not currently allow me to post a new thread. If somebody else can start one for "rain or shine headcount, Sat 22nd", that would be great IF Damon cancels the official Cruise on Sat.
Thanks.

97z2801ss
05-21-2004, 05:26 PM
Only AM shower marrow i herd?

DamonZ28
05-21-2004, 05:40 PM
After reviewing several weather websites, it looks like the "strong" storms will be over by 8am, then it's just a 50% chance after that. We're going to take our chances and run the cruise. See you there!