PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Surcharges now over 10 bucks / month?

pOrk
01-31-2010, 12:06 AM
WTF is this?

Sprint Surcharges $11.38
Show DetailsHide Details And Explanation of Charges
Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes on you or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs, and certain taxes imposed upon Sprint. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.
Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.62
Wisconsin State-Tele Sales Surcharge $5.53
Wisconsin State-Univ Serv Assessment $0.77
Milwaukee County-Tele Sales Surcharge $0.68
Administrative Charge $1.98
Regulatory Charge $0.80
--------------
$11.38

Nix
01-31-2010, 12:18 AM
Just another reason why we are dumping Sprint, not to mention they are forcing us out of our current plan. They are losing two customers next weekend come the 7th.

jbiscuit
01-31-2010, 10:31 AM
not sure why any uses sprint anymore really. So expensive and subpar cellular service IMO

nismodave
01-31-2010, 10:32 AM
Cheapest plan I found was with sprint, for everything I wanted.

tommyt5078
01-31-2010, 10:38 AM
1 more reason why cell phone are a waste of money...................Get a majic jack for 20 a year and talk all you want at your house.

nismodave
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
1 more reason why cell phone are a waste of money...................Get a majic jack for 20 a year and talk all you want at your house.

http://www.wayneschulz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/tin-can-string1.jpg

VroomPshhTsi
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM

I wouldn't go that far. In today's age how can you NOT have a cell phone? Unless you don't have any friends :goof

Yooformula
01-31-2010, 12:30 PM
I got a great plan with sprint and have had better service with them than anyone else I was using in the past. customer service on the phone may suck but they are helpful in the service centers/stores.

Deggy
01-31-2010, 12:40 PM
I've had AT&T/Cingular since I was 16 years old. I'm now 23 and have never had a problem with there wireless service. Everyone I know that has Sprint always complains about the price of their bill or the service.

MoCkiN U
01-31-2010, 12:53 PM
sprint is factually the cheapest "national provider" out there. Tmobile can beat them but they have to be the cheapest to drive people to their door to try and battle the number of people leaving.

For the last 2+ years they have led in churn which is the number of people leaving versus being added. one year they had twice as many leave than the other companies.

It wasnt too long ago when pork was posting about how to save money with them with discounts and such. Maybe they are trying to battle that number with getting extra money. Dunno but none of these carriers are out for the consumer, they are indeed out for consumer money though