PDA

View Full Version : Facebook?!?!?!?!?

DoubleAron
01-30-2010, 07:19 PM
So somehow bored out of my mind I sign up for this stupid thing.

I wasn't even sure I wanted to do it so I did not put any details at all besides my name. I was on the site for less then 2 minutes.

I log on and it has a list of people you might be intersted in being friends with. Well on the list there is quite a few people I know.

There is a guy Bobby bought a blower from about 4-5 years ago, it is the blower I currently have but I have never had any contact with the guy.

There is couple that my wife and I were friends with but neither of us have spoken to them in about 4 years. I am getting requests from people I am friends with now but they do not even know I am on. As I said there is no info for me besides a name.

How do they get all this info? I signed up from my work computer so I doubt an IP but I am also a computer tard. There are 360 people with my same name on there. Kind of scary to me.

SSDude
01-30-2010, 07:21 PM
While signing up you would have given them the ability to look at you email addresses and that's how all those people show up.

DoubleAron
01-30-2010, 07:31 PM
I have never emailed any of those people though.

Fast SVT
01-30-2010, 07:33 PM
DNA matches

Neal Steffek
01-30-2010, 07:45 PM
Some how they are linked to your Email that you used for Facebook. You may not remember useing your Email with them, but it looks like you did.

Yooformula
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
kinda like 7* of separation. You list 1 friend and it will suggest all of their friends to you or a friend of yours might have done a recent email look up for you and when you finally registered it sent you the suggestion link.

Goat Roper
01-30-2010, 08:35 PM
^ What he said ^

Russ Jerome
01-30-2010, 09:00 PM
I was always deleting those e-mails you get: "Jenny BJ wants you to join facebook" until I realized I recognized some names and signed on........jeez there are WAY more people you know on there then you will ever guess.....just dont accept them all because you will remember why you stopped calling them :)

lordairgtar
01-30-2010, 10:52 PM
It's alien technology stolen from area 51.

VroomPshhTsi
01-31-2010, 11:27 AM
Facebook is actually run by the gov't and it's recording everything you do. It knows all.

SmokinRAM114
01-31-2010, 11:49 AM
So somehow bored out of my mind I sign up for this stupid thing.

I wasn't even sure I wanted to do it so I did not put any details at all besides my name. I was on the site for less then 2 minutes.

I log on and it has a list of people you might be intersted in being friends with. Well on the list there is quite a few people I know.

There is a guy Bobby bought a blower from about 4-5 years ago, it is the blower I currently have but I have never had any contact with the guy.

There is couple that my wife and I were friends with but neither of us have spoken to them in about 4 years. I am getting requests from people I am friends with now but they do not even know I am on. As I said there is no info for me besides a name.

How do they get all this info? I signed up from my work computer so I doubt an IP but I am also a computer tard. There are 360 people with my same name on there. Kind of scary to me.

ya thats fd up.. but dont be surprised who u find on there... hell my mom, dad, and grandma have one. i tried to search u and you dont come up, so thats wierd.

OxmanWI
01-31-2010, 01:56 PM
The two things I hate about FB is poeple from high school and poeple that I've talked to a couple times in my life want to be friends. I don't know you so why would we be friends? And the other thing, updating the status every 5 fucking mintues with the iPhone or Blackberry, holy shit I don't need to know that you're taking a shit while reading The Onion. hahaha-haha...ha! No.:durr

Holeshot
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM
And the other thing, updating the status every 5 fucking mintues with the iPhone or Blackberry, holy shit I don't need to know that you're taking a shit while reading The Onion. hahaha-haha...ha! No.:durr

:rolf:rolf:rolf