PDA

View Full Version : I want to buy a camera....

pw_cc_runner
01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
I know there are a lot of camera gurus around these parts so I figured this would be a good place to ask what I need to look for. On the Power Tour I used a Canon PowerShot SX10 IS that I borrowed from a friend and I really like it a lot. It was a little cumbersome to use properly at first not being experienced with a little bit nicer camera but I managed to accomplish everything I was looking ford with it. Does anyone have any thoughts on the SX20's available in most stores and on tigerdirect/newegg for about $350? Are there anyone other comparable cameras I should consider as well? Thoughts in general?

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-31-2010, 09:35 PM
I have an SX10IS and while I like it I guess it don't seem a whole lot better than many much smaller cameras I guess the zoom is better.

I dont know how to use it that well with all the setting and letters and numbers, I thought I wanted to learn until I got the darn thing so auto works best for me. I kinda wish I would have ponied up for for a DSLR so I could have the bigtime lens selection.
On the other hand I see so many great pictures taken by little credit card sized cameras. I guess I'm not a photographer so my pictures wont look near as good. I'm just trying to have a few pictures of my child as she grows to have for when she gets older.
Seems I could have bypassed the whole huge camera bomb deal and had a handy pocket sized camera like I use to have which took almost as good of pictures. I bought a new "good" camera because I hated how long my old finepix took to focus and snap. The SX10IS takes maybe a smidge longer. :punch:

Good luck in getting what you want.
I will say the SX10 is sweet on batteries, durable and overall nice to use.

pw_cc_runner
02-02-2010, 09:38 AM
Good to know thanks! I appreciate the honest thoughts and it sounds like you are about the same skill level/interest in photography. I have been considering smaller cameras since I posted this.