PDA

View Full Version : Take a lesson Favre- Warner retires

70challenger452
01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Kurt Warner could not look like more of a class act right now in his news conference. He's not acting like he's doing the game a favor by playing and he's very appreciative of everything he's been given. +1 for you Kurt in my book.

DirtyMax
01-29-2010, 02:22 PM
The question is... Will he have to watch the press conference on his DVR in a month just to remember he had it? He's taken some shots over the years. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides to do.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-29-2010, 02:52 PM
i always love his story. seems like he is a stand up guy!

Holeshot
01-29-2010, 06:26 PM
Good video with Kurt on nfl.com http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8160d8d4&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Karps TA
01-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Warner is a good guy. He's talked about retiring for a couple years now. He's somebody who's deathly scared of the toll the game has taken on his body though. After Boldin got hurt last year, Warner I think nearly quit.

I'll wait to see if he actually files his papers though. He might actually be interested in a career behind the camera though. So if the right offer comes that way it may be enough for him.

hrsp
01-29-2010, 10:51 PM
Big Fan of warner and hope to see him on some sports show...he is a stand up guy from what ive heard...he will be in canton in 5 years..

how did favre get brought up in this....YIKES!!!! lol

T-Bag
01-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Big Fan of warner and hope to see him on some sports show...he is a stand up guy from what ive heard...he will be in canton in 5 years..

how did favre get brought up in this....YIKES!!!! lol

As much as I think Warner SHOULD be in Canton, from the eyes of the media, he's not going to be. Just based off the fact that he really only had 5 decent seasons out of a 12 year career...but for FFS the guy is killer when he's good.

Basically, unless you're a lock (Favre, Manning, Brady)...its hard to get into the HOF as a QB.

I feel bad for the Cardinals now, there's no way they are letting Leinart start.

Greg@GLD
01-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Basically, unless you're a lock (Favre, Manning, Brady)...its hard to get into the HOF as a QB.

Um... yea... http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

There's 47 QB's in the Hall of Fame...

And I agree with the OP, Warner's a class act and great guy. And he's done much better in the post season that that guy, in fewer seasons in the NFL.

hrsp
01-30-2010, 01:49 PM
leinart will be traded to his old coach pete caroll...lol regardless they are in for a rough year...

T-Bag
01-30-2010, 07:07 PM
Um... yea... http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/positions.aspx

There's 47 QB's in the Hall of Fame...

And I agree with the OP, Warner's a class act and great guy. And he's done much better in the post season that that guy, in fewer seasons in the NFL.
Umm...yea... :rolleyes: your post pretty much agrees with what I just said, I'm talking modern era from the 80's on. Do any of you guys listen to any sports shows? Pretty much all of them agree Warner likely WILL NOT be in the Hall of Fame.

My personal opinion is that he SHOULD be, but its a little harder to get in nowdays unless you're a lock.

Karps TA
01-30-2010, 08:16 PM
He won't make it first ballot, but probably the 2nd try. His postseason is what get's him in. The amount of TD's and yardage he's thrown for when the games really matter is what is most impressive about him. His overall career is kinda spotty. Lot's of highs and lows, not alot of consistency. The HOF is usually about players who maintain a high level for a long period of time.

supra213
01-30-2010, 08:26 PM
The difference is Kurt Warner has class
-Brett Favre thinks thats where you go after recess.

moels
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Geez, I respect peoples opinions first off. Here's mine:

Brett Favre did alot of good things for my favorite team, the Green Bay Packers. It was mostly a pleasure to watch him play and sometimes it made me mad as hell. That's all part of the game folks. I grew to love him as a player over the years and also hated some things he did when trying to make a play. Being interviewed recently about his records, a question was asked about how he felt about also owning the INT record. He said, " well, I guess that means I was trying."

I think the guy is funny as hell and love watching his "mic'd" snippets and think he'd be a fun guy to hang around with. Do I like that he played for the Vikes? NO! But I did root for HIM to play well. And when the Packers got booted from the playoffs, I did root for HIM to get to the big game. Didn't happen and that is life.

Do I think he should retire? Not if he feels he can still play, he sure had a good season this year. Before you go criticizing the guy think about what he is able to do at 40 years old. I'm 39 and there is no way in hell I could even think of taking a hit like he does from some 300lb D-tackle. I didn't even like it in high school. ;)

Bottom line, he's human and he made some bad decisions on the retire/not retire thing. I can forgive him for that and appreciate him as a player. Not saying anyone else has to, but that is my opinion.

badass88gt
01-30-2010, 09:13 PM
So Kurt Warner announced his retirement from football. I heard today Brett Favre called Warner to ask him how he is able to stay retired for so long?

moels
01-30-2010, 09:15 PM
So Kurt Warner announced his retirement from football. I heard today Brett Favre called Warner to ask him how he is able to stay retired for so long?

Haha! :thumbsup

T-Bag
01-30-2010, 11:19 PM
He won't make it first ballot, but probably the 2nd try. His postseason is what get's him in. The amount of TD's and yardage he's thrown for when the games really matter is what is most impressive about him. His overall career is kinda spotty. Lot's of highs and lows, not alot of consistency. The HOF is usually about players who maintain a high level for a long period of time.

Exactly, he only had maybe 5 good years out of a twelve year career.