PDA

View Full Version : Policy Changes @ Milwaukee's Self-Help Disposal Sites.....

Car Guy
01-29-2010, 09:19 AM
I saw this coming from a mile away, far too many contractors unloading their crap for free.....

http://www.ci.mil.wi.us/mpw/divisions/operations/environmental/sanitation/SelfHelpCenters.htm

DirtyMax
01-29-2010, 09:27 AM
Makes sense to me. Now you're going to see people sneaking behind abandoned buildings to unload their concrete piles though...

That_Guy
01-29-2010, 09:31 AM
the guy who runs the one in wauwatosa is a nazi.. ive never gotten so much crap for unloading a cast iron tube and tile. all of which came from my fathers rental.

pOrk
01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
the guy who runs the one in wauwatosa is a nazi.. ive never gotten so much crap for unloading a cast iron tube and tile. all of which came from my fathers rental.

What are you talking about? That guy is awesome, helps me unload all the time. I was going there twice a week in fall and I don't have a single complaint. You probably put the shit in the wrong area, dopey:durr

That_Guy
01-29-2010, 01:54 PM
What are you talking about? That guy is awesome, helps me unload all the time. I was going there twice a week in fall and I don't have a single complaint. You probably put the shit in the wrong area, dopey:durr

Older guy who's there on wednesdays I believe. He was giving me crap about being a contractor. It was really funny actually. He then asked for the address of the rental so he could send the building inspector over cause we probablly didn't pull a permit. I then told him the tub came from the back yard and he got off my back. It was nothing for me to get worked up about i just found it really funny.

pOrk
01-29-2010, 02:01 PM
Same guy is there everyday as far as I know.

Old Dog
01-29-2010, 09:55 PM
This should be interesting. I have a property near the north side self-help center and I'm always having junk dumped in my parking lot. If the self-help center is closed or they don't have proper ID, they just dump their junk any place they want. There isn't anyone in that part of town that is going to pay $10 to dump their garbage. There will be garbage dumped everywhere. I give it 6 months before the city drops these additional fees because they'll find it's too expensive to clean up garbage that's dumped all over the city.