PDA

View Full Version : More than 50 Wisconsin GM, Chrysler dealers want franchises back .

DynoTom
01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Wisconsin is in the top 10 among states in the number of auto dealers who have filed with the American Arbitration Association to have their dealership franchises restored in the wake of automaker cutbacks, an association official said Wednesday.

A total of 51 auto dealers in Wisconsin have filed for arbitration to have their franchises restored, said Wayne Kessler, vice president of corporate communications for the association.

That ranks Wisconsin 10th out of the 50 states in the number of dealerships seeking to be restored.

General Motors and Chrysler have eliminated thousands of dealerships across the country as they entered bankruptcy and embarked on taxpayer-supported restructurings.

Across the nation, 1,573 dealers have filed for arbitration to have their franchises restored.

Kessler said the numbers don't include dealers who have filed directly with the manufacturers.

Crawlin
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
Bunch of rich owners want to make sure they get their's is basically all it is.

They should shut down even more GM/Chrysler/Ford dealers.

Up the radius to like 25 miles.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-28-2010, 06:39 PM
will be interesting to see how this all plays out. from what i heard the GM dealers beleive that there is a chance that they can stop GM from taking their franchises. sounds like the dodge dealers are pretty much screwed, but i am sure that they will give it a shot.

Reverend Cooper
01-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Who cares,they are both dying breeds anyways,Obama will make sure of it

TransAm12sec
01-29-2010, 11:49 AM
I wonder what percentage of dealers went to another brand, like Amato Cadillac switching to Nissan in Glendale.