PDA

View Full Version : 3800 Series II Questions.

Deggy
01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
My cousin owns a 2003 Impala LS, and was is looking for advice as to turbo charging it. I know a lot of guys convert from the S/C to a turbo on the Grand Prix GTP/Regal. He has the non-S/C'd 3800, and wants to slap a turbo on it. Where would you recommend looking for parts? Are the trans different from the S/C motor and the N/A motor? Just basically looking for some advice from people who know the 3800. I myself never worked on a 3800 and don't know the parts available for it. I know ZZP works with GTP/Regals, so maybe look there for stuff that might work? Any advice would be great.

85SS/85GN
01-26-2010, 07:06 PM
zzperformance or intense has complete turbo kits.yes the s/c &n/a trans are different just by gears and the s/c have a HD diff. let me know if you need more help

Deggy
01-26-2010, 07:08 PM
zzperformance or intense has complete turbo kits.yes the s/c &n/a trans are different just by gears and the s/c have a HD diff. let me know if you need more help

That helps me and him out a lot. I was unaware of complete turbo kits. Think I could find used ZZP turbo kits on eBay or Craigslist?

85SS/85GN
01-27-2010, 08:43 AM
look at clupgp.com or regalgs.org there used one on they.