PDA

View Full Version : Military Guys: Free Tax file H&R Block

OxmanWI
01-25-2010, 08:25 PM
Remember, If your military you can get your taxes done free with Military One Source with H&R Block online:

http://www.militaryonesource.com/MOS/FindInformation/Category/TaxFilingServices.aspx

Easy to use, explains very thing and doesn't cost a thing. I've been using this site for the past three years and love it. Please pass this on to other military members who might need it.

Thank you,

Josh

GTSLOW
01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
State too?

OxmanWI
01-25-2010, 11:03 PM
yup

-stew-
01-26-2010, 12:30 AM
Awesome. I wish I'd have known about this Friday...

GTSLOW
01-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Saweet!

y2kws6
01-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Just got mine done, not as bad as I thought it would be with all the unemployment

OxmanWI
01-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Bump

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 11:37 AM
I've used tax slayer for the last 3 years....free for military too. Just glad people look out for service members.

srt4eh
01-25-2011, 07:22 PM
Be careful....my friend (military) used H&R Block last year for his taxes and just got a letter in the mail from the IRS saying he owes $4600 in 2 weeks.....

GHOSST
01-25-2011, 07:53 PM
Be careful....my friend (military) used H&R Block last year for his taxes and just got a letter in the mail from the IRS saying he owes $4600 in 2 weeks.....

Man that sucks! That's a lot of money to owe.

srt4eh
01-25-2011, 07:55 PM
yeah...he's thinking they messed up the part that deals with his college loan repayment.

OxmanWI
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM
I read everything twice and make sure what ever applies to me that's what goes through. I've been using military one source (HR block online) for 4 years now and haven't had any problems.

GTSLOW
01-26-2011, 09:13 AM
We ended up filing ours in person at H&R. Wife does the work from home thing and we had alot of deductions/write offs/etc... Next year we'll use the free one for military since they lady showed us the ropes and how to put in there.

Rifleman WI
01-27-2011, 11:31 AM
We ended up filing ours in person at H&R. Wife does the work from home thing and we had alot of deductions/write offs/etc... Next year we'll use the free one for military since they lady showed us the ropes and how to put in there.

nice.. imma just wait till i get home from this shit hole to do mine, ill blow all the money on my car if i dont...:rolf

srt4eh
02-18-2011, 10:32 AM
Just wanted to say that we just filed using the free military H&R Block thing.....badass. I decided not to bother my uncle with it (He usually does it for us) since I've got the only income...it's too easy. Now we wait for the refund to spoil our kids more....lol

PonyKiller87
02-18-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah...he's thinking they messed up the part that deals with his college loan repayment.

Probably not, I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. $10,000 student loan repayment (it was 10k then, think its 20k now) that is considered income, and they don't send you a W2 or what ever it is for it unless you ask for it.

I took all the IRS letters to my tax guy and he looked into it, it is taxible income, so I had to pay like $2800 back to the gov. :flipoff2:

srt4eh
02-18-2011, 09:09 PM
Probably not, I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. $10,000 student loan repayment (it was 10k then, think its 20k now) that is considered income, and they don't send you a W2 or what ever it is for it unless you ask for it.

I took all the IRS letters to my tax guy and he looked into it, it is taxible income, so I had to pay like $2800 back to the gov. :flipoff2:

He had the W-2 but when they went to the tax place they didn't input it under income. Luckily he had the money in savings...still sucked especially since they didn't include his ex-wifes either but she was actually civil about paying it as well :wow

Rifleman WI
02-26-2011, 06:36 AM
hmm, well i finally got a day off, did my taxes up to submitting them, and i think i might have fuked up somewhere. it says im getting $24 federal and $526 state back. alittle background.. was married, divorce was finalized in july, she got full physical, we got joint legal custody, i own a house, and am not going to school. i was pretty confused about the Earned income tax credit, but from what ive read i dont qualify for it because im under 25 and my daughter is being claimed by my x this year (i get next year ) so that had me confused... the numbers that were shown for my return seemed alittle low to me..any input? ( ive never done taxes, my x has allways done them for us ) i appreciate any help.