PDA

View Full Version : So who thinks Favre is gonna retire?

Exitspeed
01-25-2010, 10:50 AM
Lets here it? Some people are talk to are soooo sure. Some people think he's gonna come back.

Honestly after the last few years I think anyone who thinks it's absolute either way is kidding themselves.

I think he's gonna come back next year personally. Even though he found out yesterday he IS actually human. I don't think it was enough for him. There also wasn't much hoopla over yesterdays game possibly being his last. And Favre can't have that. There needs to be much ado if that was indeed his last game.

GTO RLY?
01-25-2010, 10:58 AM
If he does, who's going to want him back?

07ROUSHSTG3
01-25-2010, 10:59 AM
I think he is done. during the pregame, the guy looked beat up. he also said that after last weeks game, he was completely purple on the right side of his body, one big bruise. then, throw the huge ass kicking that he got last night, and i think he will retire. no matter how great he is/was, his body will give up before his brain. why risk being a cripple for the rest of his life. he proved his point. he beat the packers. the end.

Josepy
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
who cares

Holeshot
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
im sure he will make the Viking fans wait till August.

TraceDaddy
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
who cares

Everybody does. That's why these threads never die.

I think he's done.

Nix
01-25-2010, 12:30 PM
If he does, who's going to want him back?

The Vikings seeing as he technically has a 2yr contract. Or did you mean who as in fan wise?

I'd watch him play another season. :thumbsup

T-Bag
01-25-2010, 12:32 PM
He's going to retire as a new york jet :goof

hrsp
01-25-2010, 01:47 PM
hope he comes back...they have a great shot at being a very good team with him

70challenger452
01-25-2010, 02:27 PM
Supposedly he said after the game that it was very unlikely that he'd come back, so ya, I'll put my money on him being back.

DirtyMax
01-25-2010, 02:36 PM
He said no such thing. He presser was as open ended as they always are. Until he isn't starting for someone on NFL Opening Night 2010, nothing is certain.... regardless of what he says...

pOrk
01-25-2010, 03:10 PM
who cares

badass88gt
01-25-2010, 03:42 PM
He's gonna come back and singlehandedly reassemble the Anaheim Rams. He is going to buy the team and move it back to Cali from STL. Then he can play in nice weather for the majority of his time, he likes feeling the sunshine on him, its like God's spotlight, just for him.

MoCkiN U
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
I think my morning ritual of letting ESPN play in the background is ruined now. The first episode this morning already had someone talking about what they heard or knew about farves status. WTF???

0TransAm0
01-25-2010, 03:54 PM
:thumbsup
who cares:thumbsup

/end thred.

Greg@GLD
01-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Ahhhh, memories...

Two months ago Brett Favre announced another press conference, and this time it wasn’t to reschedule the press conference.

He stepped up to the podium and steadfastly twitched before decisively spouting gibberish until — unable to determine his future — Favre finally made his decision to continue playing football at what John Kerry affectionately calls “Lambert Field.” Maybe I am being unfair to Kerry. Even he can decide which side to butter his waffle in a more timely manner than Brett Favre did on whether he would retire.

This is the same man who called out Javon Walker last year for holding out during contract negotiations. Now Favre has kept the Packers from signing anyone in free agency while also keeping their future quarterback Aaron Rodgers from taking snaps — all while helping the team get rid of Walker. At the same time, he complained that the Packers weren’t doing anything in free agency.

Well, had Favre made up his mind soon enough, the Pack could have signed the receiver who so adores Favre: Terrell Owens.

If the Green Bay front office had any interest in the success of their team, then wouldn’t we wouldn’t see the name “Fav-ra” on the Packers roster any longer. They should have answered him on March 25th, when he asked, “What will they do, cut me?” by doing just that.

For the first time since 1993, he has thrown more interceptions (29) than touchdowns (20). Even Aaron Brooks, who once flung a loose ball 15 yards backward to avoid being sacked, could only muster 17 tosses to the other team. Favre’s 70.9 QB rating was eclipsed by such elite field generals as Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington, Gus Frerotte, and Trent Dilfer.

His horrid season can only be blamed so much on injuries. Injuries don’t make a quarterback throw the ball straight to three defensive players. Favre even lost the ball to a fan when he played the Bengals.
It’s not as if he’s going to have a much better supporting cast this coming year, anyway. They still haven't found capable replacements for Pro Bowl guards Marco Rivera and Mike Wahle, whom they lost in the 2005 off-season. Top receiving threat Javon Walker was traded for a second-round draft pick that Green Bay promptly traded away to Atlanta. Finally, they signed no one in free agency, because no one knew what the state of the team was with Favre holding everyone hostage.

Now that Favre has decided to play, the next great decision awaits him once the season starts: who to throw the ball to? “Favre drops back … He stops … Apparently, he has decided to schedule a press conference to announce who he will throw the ball to.”

OxmanWI
01-25-2010, 05:03 PM
im sure he will make the Viking fans wait till August.

Supposedly he said after the game that it was very unlikely that he'd come back, so ya, I'll put my money on him being back.

It's going to be all over ESPN for the next couple months, Favre watch! Will he go or will he stay? Can't wait!:durr

Karps TA
01-25-2010, 05:21 PM
I hope he does hang them up. Rooting for the Vikings sucks.

It's so much more fun being critical of the Packers. I look forward to the uncapped year and watching Ted Thompson not sign a single free agent that will help the team while everybody else goes crazy to try and win.

Either way what difference does it make. Media will make it a huge story all off season long regardless of what is said or not said.

Anakonda69
01-25-2010, 06:07 PM
he will come back. and i will applaud him.

Z28Envy
01-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I think he will be back. Had he gotten to the superbowl whether win or lose he would have retired. I can't see him and his ego retiring after the interception that pretty much took the superbowl away from them.

Anakonda69
01-25-2010, 06:22 PM
the game was gone long before that pick. they should have been up 14 or so at least. abundance of fumbling before the int is what killed them.

Nix
01-25-2010, 06:28 PM
the game was gone long before that pick. they should have been up 14 or so at least. abundance of fumbling before the int is what killed them.

Some people don't understand that so they are hell bent on blaming the one person who made the last shitty play.

Similar to if Trevor Hoffman blows blows the 9th inning. He would get the blame, not anybody else. Its just how some/many people look at things. Brewers wouldn't need to put Hoffman in if everyone else was producing more runs, I guess its an ok anology. Anyway, they don't look at it as a whole, I guess everybody needs a scapegoat. :thumbsup

Greg@GLD
01-25-2010, 06:30 PM
I hope he does hang them up. Rooting for the Vikings sucks.

It's so much more fun being critical of the Packers. I look forward to the uncapped year and watching Ted Thompson not sign a single free agent that will help the team while everybody else goes crazy to try and win.

Either way what difference does it make. Media will make it a huge story all off season long regardless of what is said or not said.

Just think... Maybe if he plays long enough he can throw game-losing INT's in postseason OT games to every team in the NFC...

2004 Season throws one to the Eagles in OT. Ends Packer's great season.

2007 Season throws one to the Giants in OT. Ends Packer's great season.

2009 Season throws one to the Saints in OT. Ends Vikings great season.

He's now got another one of his many records... Most postseason INT's by a QB in NFL history.

:headbang

INTERCEPTION?? NOT IN MY LINE!
No SOUPerbowl for you! Comeback ONE YEAR!

Karps TA
01-25-2010, 07:35 PM
Hey, Maybe Aaron can continue that tradition with fumbles ending the Packer playoff seasons.

talk as much shit as you want about the guy. Let's see how many winning seasons we have over then next 16 years. Rodgers has already matched Brett's under .500 total.

Greg@GLD
01-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey, Maybe Aaron can continue that tradition with fumbles ending the Packer playoff seasons.

talk as much shit as you want about the guy. Let's see how many winning seasons we have over then next 16 years. Rodgers has already matched Brett's under .500 total.

You'll never get over this, will you dude? It's ok... It's gonna be.... Ok. :goof

Silver03SRT
01-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Just think... Maybe if he plays long enough he can throw game-losing INT's in postseason OT games to every team in the NFC...

2004 Season throws one to the Eagles in OT. Ends Packer's great season.

2007 Season throws one to the Giants in OT. Ends Packer's great season.

2009 Season throws one to the Saints in OT. Ends Vikings great season.

He's now got another one of his many records... Most postseason INT's by a QB in NFL history.

:headbang

INTERCEPTION?? NOT IN MY LINE!
No SOUPerbowl for you! Comeback ONE YEAR!

I think you forgot a few records
Consecutive starts as a quarterback: 285 (308 including playoffs)[6][105]
Consecutive starts as a position player: 285 [106]
Career regular-season victories by a starting quarterback: 181 (Regular-season record: 181–104)
Most wins by a starting quarterback against a single opponent: 27, Detroit Lions (18–0 in home games)
Career passing touchdowns: 497
Career passing yards: 69,329
Career pass completions: 6,083
Career pass attempts: 9,811
Career interceptions thrown: 317
Career games with at least one touchdown pass: 241
Career games with at least two touchdown passes: 157
Career games with at least three touchdown passes: 71
Career games with at least four touchdown passes: 23
Career games with at least 200 passing yards: 202
Career games with at least 225 passing yards: 165
Career games with at least 250 passing yards: 139
Career games with at least 275 passing yards: 100
Career games with at least 300 passing yards: 61 (Dan Marino is 1st with 63)
Touchdown passes of 80+ yards: 9
Touchdown passes of 70+ yards: 15
Touchdown passes of 20+ yards: 165
1 yard touchdown passes: 37
1 yard touchdown passes, passer/receiver combination: 8, Brett Favre/Bubba Franks
Career games with at least 30 completions: 24
Career games with at least 20 completions: 185
Completions in a game played on a Friday: 30; 12/24/2004
Seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 9
Consecutive seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 5
Seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18
Consecutive seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18
Seasons with at least 300 completions: 18
Consecutive seasons with at least 300 completions: 18
Brett Favre & Sterling Sharpe tied Dan Marino & Mark Clayton's record for most passer/receiver touchdown combinations in a season in 1994: 18-broken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss(23) in 2007.
Most consecutive AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995–1997)[113]
Career playoff pass completions: 481[114]
Career playoff pass attempts: 745[114]
Career playoff passing yards: 5,855[114]
(2nd) Career playoff passing touchdowns: 44[114] (Montana, 45)[115]
Career playoff interceptions thrown: 30
Career playoff losses as starting QB: 11
(5th) Career playoff wins as starting QB: 13 (Joe Montana, 16; Tom Brady, 14; Terry Bradshaw, 14; John Elway, 14)
Favre is the only quarterback to have led a team to victory over all thirty-two teams in the league since the NFL first expanded to 32 franchises in 2002

Favre is one of four quarterbacks to lead the league in touchdown passes four times

Silver03SRT
01-25-2010, 08:23 PM
Some people don't understand that so they are hell bent on blaming the one person who made the last shitty play.

Similar to if Trevor Hoffman blows blows the 9th inning. He would get the blame, not anybody else. Its just how some/many people look at things. Brewers wouldn't need to put Hoffman in if everyone else was producing more runs, I guess its an ok anology. Anyway, they don't look at it as a whole, I guess everybody needs a scapegoat. :thumbsup

He made a bad pass but it didnt cost the game. Fumbles are what cost the game.

Silver03SRT
01-25-2010, 08:24 PM
Lets not forget Favre threw for over 300 yards yesterday.

Greg@GLD
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Lets not forget Favre threw for over 300 yards yesterday.

You'll get over this eventually too. Just like Karps. It's going to be ok. :shades

Silver03SRT
01-25-2010, 08:41 PM
So will the Packer fans that hate this BreNt guy who went to the Vikings. Still trying to figure out why they dont like him.

0TransAm0
01-25-2010, 09:06 PM
its not that i don't like him. i dont like all the drama lama crap he plays with retiring and not retiring. it gets old fast and that ALL the media talks about...

Nix
01-25-2010, 10:26 PM
He made a bad pass but it didnt cost the game. Fumbles are what cost the game.

Nooooo, are you sure?? Please go back and read my other posts. :rolleyes:

Ex: http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=613687&postcount=67

KRAUSED
01-25-2010, 11:38 PM
I think you forgot a few records
Consecutive starts as a quarterback: 285 (308 including playoffs)[6][105]
Consecutive starts as a position player: 285 [106]
Career regular-season victories by a starting quarterback: 181 (Regular-season record: 181–104)
Most wins by a starting quarterback against a single opponent: 27, Detroit Lions (18–0 in home games)
Career passing touchdowns: 497
Career passing yards: 69,329
Career pass completions: 6,083
Career pass attempts: 9,811
Career interceptions thrown: 317
Career games with at least one touchdown pass: 241
Career games with at least two touchdown passes: 157
Career games with at least three touchdown passes: 71
Career games with at least four touchdown passes: 23
Career games with at least 200 passing yards: 202
Career games with at least 225 passing yards: 165
Career games with at least 250 passing yards: 139
Career games with at least 275 passing yards: 100
Career games with at least 300 passing yards: 61 (Dan Marino is 1st with 63)
Touchdown passes of 80+ yards: 9
Touchdown passes of 70+ yards: 15
Touchdown passes of 20+ yards: 165
1 yard touchdown passes: 37
1 yard touchdown passes, passer/receiver combination: 8, Brett Favre/Bubba Franks
Career games with at least 30 completions: 24
Career games with at least 20 completions: 185
Completions in a game played on a Friday: 30; 12/24/2004
Seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 9
Consecutive seasons with at least 30 touchdown passes: 5
Seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18
Consecutive seasons with at least 3,000 passing yards: 18
Seasons with at least 300 completions: 18
Consecutive seasons with at least 300 completions: 18
Brett Favre & Sterling Sharpe tied Dan Marino & Mark Clayton's record for most passer/receiver touchdown combinations in a season in 1994: 18-broken by Tom Brady and Randy Moss(23) in 2007.
Most consecutive AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995–1997)[113]
Career playoff pass completions: 481[114]
Career playoff pass attempts: 745[114]
Career playoff passing yards: 5,855[114]
(2nd) Career playoff passing touchdowns: 44[114] (Montana, 45)[115]
Career playoff interceptions thrown: 30
Career playoff losses as starting QB: 11
(5th) Career playoff wins as starting QB: 13 (Joe Montana, 16; Tom Brady, 14; Terry Bradshaw, 14; John Elway, 14)
Favre is the only quarterback to have led a team to victory over all thirty-two teams in the league since the NFL first expanded to 32 franchises in 2002

Favre is one of four quarterbacks to lead the league in touchdown passes four times

and i bet Ahole Rodgers breaks none of these...oh wait he is the leading passer for the last two years whoopie ,oh and he was SACKED more times then any quarter back this year.He is off to a great start..the new god of the packers...

Korndogg
01-26-2010, 05:27 AM
I hate Favre because I hate the Vikings. Its pretty much as easy as that for me. Good for him if he plays or not. I'm just sick of hearing about him all the time.

flyin_blue_egg
01-26-2010, 05:55 AM
I hate Favre because I hate the Vikings. Its pretty much as easy as that for me. Good for him if he plays or not. I'm just sick of hearing about him all the time.

thats kind of where i'm at w/ him....i liked him when he played for the packers b/c he played for my favorite team.....when he left the team, i no longer liked him

Korndogg
01-26-2010, 06:04 AM
I just got this in an E-mail. Its kind of funny actually.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/images/01/25/FavreINT.mp3

Greg@GLD
01-26-2010, 06:15 AM
and i bet Ahole Rodgers breaks none of these...oh wait he is the leading passer for the last two years whoopie ,oh and he was SACKED more times then any quarter back this year.He is off to a great start..the new god of the packers...

Yes indeed he was. You make a GREAT point Mike! In spite of being SACKED more times than any QB in the league, he threw for more yards than your hero did in in his first two seasons. While it's true that some of those sacks were due to him holding onto the ball too long, the fact is, he played great with a patchwork O-line and held up to getting his ass kicked. I believe you were one of those who said he was a wimp and would never make it thru a full season?
FURTHERMORE, perhaps you're too young to recall that your hero, when he was "fresh" had a different bad habit. He didn't hold onto the ball too long, no sir. HE THREW IT UP FOR GRABS AND DROVE COACHES AND GB FANS CRAZY!!! :goof

So taking what you posted, one can only wonder what kind of season this kid would have had if he had any semblance of a line in the first several games. He's learned not to hold onto the ball too long. BreNt has never learned that throwing across your body into the middle is a big NO NO, especially in Championship games. :rolf

Karps TA
01-26-2010, 07:52 AM
What has Rodgers done that's so great?

He's beaten a bunch of shitty teams, and lost his big chance to shine by a fumble of his that ended the game. A fumble caused by what? HOLDING ON TO THE BALL TOO LONG!. Which you said he learned not to do.

I don't give a shit about a guys who put up stats AND do not put up wins. Come back to me in 5 years and we can make a decision on the guy. 2 seasons does not a career make.

And it's not that I hate him so much as I hate the cocksucking done by people just cause they want to love someone new since Brett broke their heart. Atleast those of us who are Favre fans have a reason to be. He only kicked a bunch of ass for the team for a real long time. Right now Rodgers is like Daunte Culpepper.

Greg@GLD
01-26-2010, 08:08 AM
What has Rodgers done that's so great?

He's beaten a bunch of shitty teams, and lost his big chance to shine by a fumble of his that ended the game. A fumble caused by what? HOLDING ON TO THE BALL TOO LONG!. Which you said he learned not to do.

I don't give a shit about a guys who put up stats AND do not put up wins. Come back to me in 5 years and we can make a decision on the guy. 2 seasons does not a career make.

And it's not that I hate him so much as I hate the cocksucking done by people just cause they want to love someone new since Brett broke their heart. Atleast those of us who are Favre fans have a reason to be. He only kicked a bunch of ass for the team for a real long time. Right now Rodgers is like Daunte Culpepper.

You realize it was third down, don't you? So if he either took a sack or threw it away, we punt it back to the Cards, who we clearly could not stop.

What he has done is given hope that we won't return to how things were for so many years, years when you were a gleam in the eye of your momma and daddy. ;)
As for your hero, I was fine with him going to the Jets. I might even have been able to stomach him going to Da Bears. Vikings? I HATE the Vikings, I will always hate them, and when he had that smirk on his face holding up that purple jersey, that was that. He shit on the fans that supported him. He's a drama queen and mega-attention whore and he fucked everything up.
Now he can go watch the game on TV and string the Viqueens and ESPN along until a week after training camp ends, when he will "feel the fire" again and come back for more ESPN coverage. As for cocksucking, look in the mirror. ;)

Oh BRETT!!! mmmmm kiss kiss kiss I wuv you!

Exitspeed
01-26-2010, 09:06 AM
I love how this has turned into a Rodgers thing.

Oh and I love even more how there were multiple posts on the first page say "Who cares" but the thread is now on the second page.

Obviously we know who cares.

Karps TA
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Gleam in my dads eyes, I'm in my late 30's I remember quite clearly how shitty life was before Favre. I remember people thinking Dilwig was going to be the new savior, Brent Keil had potential, etc. People thought the Magik man was the greatest thing ever cause he beat the Bears after further review.

Yes Rodgers has played well, but he hasn't done shit. Sanchez, Flacco, Rothlisberger have all already accomplished way more then he has.

funny you give the excuse of what down it was. Boy I remember a lot of bitching about Favre throwing an INT when they were 3rd and long, and the INT worked out to be better then a punt. Who's to say there isn't a muffed punt or a TO. To say it didn't matter is nonsense. Cause people like you would be killing Favre if he had made that same play. But with Rodgers it's nothing but excuses.

I'm glad that people are shitting on Favre. Will allow me to move up a few rows at his induction in Canton in a couple years. :)

Exitspeed
01-26-2010, 11:47 AM
Page 3 of people not caring.

T-Bag
01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Gleam in my dads eyes, I'm in my late 30's I remember quite clearly how shitty life was before Favre. I remember people thinking Dilwig was going to be the new savior, Brent Keil had potential, etc. People thought the Magik man was the greatest thing ever cause he beat the Bears after further review.

Yes Rodgers has played well, but he hasn't done shit. Sanchez, Flacco, Rothlisberger have all already accomplished way more then he has.

funny you give the excuse of what down it was. Boy I remember a lot of bitching about Favre throwing an INT when they were 3rd and long, and the INT worked out to be better then a punt. Who's to say there isn't a muffed punt or a TO. To say it didn't matter is nonsense. Cause people like you would be killing Favre if he had made that same play. But with Rodgers it's nothing but excuses.

I'm glad that people are shitting on Favre. Will allow me to move up a few rows at his induction in Canton in a couple years. :)

Sanchez has accomplished more because of their running game, the guys isn't that good yet. Flaaco hasn't really accomplished any more than Rodgers besides being in and getting knocked out of the playoffs twice.

Rodgers is a way better QB than either of those two, its a team effort. We don't have an O line and we don't have that great of receivers/RB's.

william schlosser
01-26-2010, 01:24 PM
I think he will be back for one more year. But i have been wrong in the past.

Silver03SRT
01-26-2010, 01:42 PM
Its tough to say if he will be back. The players want him back even if it means he skips training camp so that is a plus for him. They dont mind if he misses. Favre has a lot to offer a team. There is a good majority of Packer fans that dont want him back because he is a threat.

Rodgers like I have said before is a great QB he watched the best in the game for years. He learned a lot and still has lots to learn. I just wonder if Rodgers can take the pounding Favre can. It amazes me some of the stuff he gets up from. Who knows it could be the Montana/Young combo that the 49's had. They shit on Young for a while but he turned out to be great.

Anakonda69
01-26-2010, 03:30 PM
did you say we don't have good receivers? compared to the ravens and the jets. are you kidding me?

Karps TA
01-26-2010, 05:24 PM
Sanchez has accomplished more because of their running game, the guys isn't that good yet. Flaaco hasn't really accomplished any more than Rodgers besides being in and getting knocked out of the playoffs twice.

Rodgers is a way better QB than either of those two, its a team effort. We don't have an O line and we don't have that great of receivers/RB's.

Flacco has won playoff games and does NOT have better WR's then the Packers. Matter of fact of those 3 QB's Rodgers inheirted a 13-3 team and went 6-10. Baltimore was 5-11 the year before Flacco. They then went 11-5 and won 2 playoff games with Flacco as a rookie. Including this year Flacco has already won 3 playoff games. And it's not that Baltimore had the dominating Defense that the Packer D was rated this year.

Sanchez took over a team that that shitty Favre guy ruined last year and as a rookie got them to the AFC Championship game.

Running game? Grant ran for over 1200 yards and was 7th in the league. Last year he was 12th in the league. Still pretty good. Especially consider Balt last year's best runner was 26th, and this years was 8th.

Sounds to me like individual stats are way more important to some of you guys then team wins. That's nice. I thought you guys were Packer fans, not fans of specific players?

I'm just fucking around anyways. I love arguing sports.

Nix
01-26-2010, 05:53 PM

People like you are trying to compare apples to oranges.

Lets see, Favre a veteran of the game has been in the league for almost 2 decades compared to Rodgers who just played his 2nd season as a starter, not a backup.

The only thing you can compare and be legit about it would be each of their first two seasons as starters, period.

Also, Im wonder why you called him an Ahole? What has he done thats so terrible to warrant calling him that? Or are you just bitter to be bitter?

Karps TA
01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
It is unfair to call Rodgers an Ahole. It's hard to say who he is. He's so far showed zero personality. He's been so well groomed to say nothing like the coach and GM that it's impossible to tell what kind of person he is. Honestly I'm not sure why anybody bothers interviewing him. Hopefully he'll get the cajones to actually speak his mind someday. I'd like to know if he's likeable or not.

That's the reason why Favre is so beloved across the country. Because when he speaks he doesn't just give you the standard answers all the time. He'll say what he's feeling at that moment. Now some people may say that's all BS. That's fine. But he's been that way his whole career. It's why people root for him and against him. I'm sure wherever people themselves work at they'd like to smack the crap out of the employee there who spouts off the company line all the time.

hrsp
01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
I truly love how ALL of the Packer "homers" Hate favre and think rodgers is god...he is a good young qb...FAVRE IS A LEGEND...end or discussion.

next who ever said the packers have no wr's or rb's must not watch football...WOW

Silver03SRT
01-27-2010, 01:57 PM
I truly love how ALL of the Packer "homers" Hate favre and think rodgers is god...he is a good young qb...FAVRE IS A LEGEND...end or discussion.

next who ever said the packers have no wr's or rb's must not watch football...WOW

Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson are all terrible. None of them can catch a ball. That Driver guy is probably one of the worst in the leauge. Dont give me this Packers have no receivers.

70 cutlass 442
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
if he comes back, it will be an automatic two loses for greenbay once again.... And what I dont get is why people are saying age effects him at this point... maybe mentally, but after his surgery he said he felt better then he has in years, and i think this past season proved it..... and he said he was all purple on one side..... big deal, have you never had a bruise that didn't go away?

Nix
01-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Driver, Jones, Jennings, Nelson are all terrible. None of them can catch a ball. That Driver guy is probably one of the worst in the leauge. Dont give me this Packers have no receivers.

Driver is one of the worst in the league? Wow, this is fucking gold... :rolf :rolf

1,012 yards and 5 touchdown catches equals terrible? I will say its not outstanding but its good.

Exitspeed
01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Driver is one of the worst in the league? Wow, this is fucking gold... :rolf :rolf

1,012 yards and 5 touchdown catches equals terrible? I will say its not outstanding but its good.

Going by the last line in his post I think he was being sarcastic. Damn people not using the sarcasm font.

Silver03SRT
01-27-2010, 03:45 PM

It was ment as a joke :thumbsup

Nix
01-27-2010, 05:37 PM
It was ment as a joke :thumbsup

Fuck! My bad dude, I apologize. :thumbsup Use the damn smilies! They are there for fuckups like me who can't notice when sarcam is being used!! Again, my bad.

michelle
01-27-2010, 08:51 PM
I have little to add to this thread, so I will leave you all with this.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a306/point_zed/blogpix/farvejock.jpg

But I do hope he says he will retire, then repeats history and goes to another team.

T-Bag
01-27-2010, 10:07 PM
did you say we don't have good receivers? compared to the ravens and the jets. are you kidding me?

I said we don't have great receivers, and I made absolutely no comparison to the Ravens or the Jets. So no...I didn't say that.

Compare our receivers to the receivers of the Vikings, nuff' said.

Sanchez DID NOT take over the same team Favre had last year, new head coach, new coaching scheme, new everything but most of the players. Sanchez would have been awful if Mangina was still HC.

T-Bag
01-27-2010, 10:12 PM

If you're talking about me, I never said that. I said we don't have great receivers. They are GOOD (besides Nelson, who is ok at best), but none of them are top tier receivers.

hrsp
01-27-2010, 11:58 PM
^ The packers pass catching group wr/te is one of the better ones in the league...id say top 10ish? and i dont like the packers...i just call it how it is....

Exitspeed
01-28-2010, 09:19 AM
For the Rodgers haters:

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/football/ffl/story?id=4856465

Also regarding our receivers, Jennings and Driver are rated higher then the Vikings receives except Rice. And lets be honest this is only the first tear Rice has been any good and he's said time and time again it's because of Favre. If Favre doesn't come back I think he'll continue to be good, but I think Favre really boosts his confidence. Jennings and Driver have proven to be good season after season.

EDIT: Page 4 of people not caring.

T-Bag
01-28-2010, 12:52 PM
Rodgers was clutch on my fantasy team...there was only one or two games where he really didn't do shit. He was great even when we lost.

Karps TA
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Find a time where I have NOT said Rodgers is a Fantasy Football Hall of Famer.

Unfortunately, they don't hand out NFL Championship rings to Fantasy Football players.

hrsp
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Unfortunately, they don't hand out NFL Championship rings to Fantasy Football players.

so true:wow

Exitspeed
01-28-2010, 03:57 PM

Nope. But if you had to pick a QB to be on your team in real life who would you pick? Eli because he has a SB win or Rodgers?

I'd take Rodgers in a heartbeat personally.

hrsp
01-28-2010, 08:52 PM
i'll take eli....HE IS A PROVEN WINNER :)

Karps TA
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Eli as well for the same reason. He's shown he can win big games. And it annoys Rodgers fans. lol

T-Bag
01-29-2010, 09:44 AM
Eli as well for the same reason. He's shown he can win big games. And it annoys Rodgers fans. lol

He's also shown that he can't handle any sort of pressure that negatively impacts him. I'd take Rodgers anyday over Manning, no questions asked, he's a better quarterback than Eli, period.

Football is a team sport. The Giants rallied and got their TEAM together the year they won the SB, same with the Steelers a few years back.

There's a lot of factors on a team that have a major impact, a quarterback is one small piece.

You all make it seem like its only the quarterbacks fault if the team doesn't win the big games. Its ludicrous, and you probably have never played football before...and if you have then you're just a moron :goof

Karps TA
01-29-2010, 10:11 AM
I completely agree. However the Favre bashers always pin all the blame on him. So I just figure that same arguement works the other way.

That said both QB's lost their playoffs games due to turnovers they each commited at the end of the game.

And no I wouldn't take Eli either. Manly though cause he's a Manning.

T-Bag
01-29-2010, 12:21 PM
I completely agree. However the Favre bashers always pin all the blame on him. So I just figure that same arguement works the other way.

That said both QB's lost their playoffs games due to turnovers they each commited at the end of the game.

And no I wouldn't take Eli either. Manly though cause he's a Manning.

Greg@GLD
01-31-2010, 07:22 PM
Damn... Rodgers looks terrible in the Pro Bowl. 2 TD passes, one for 55 yards. :rolf

Karps TA
01-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Wow that almost means something. But congrats on being 1 of 4 people in the country actually watching that game.

Nix
01-31-2010, 08:32 PM
Wow that almost means something. But congrats on being 1 of 4 people in the country actually watching that game.

I would think to them to be picked it would be an honor to play in the Probowl. I would be atleast, it would mean a lot to me. He looked damn good on the field.

hrsp
02-01-2010, 01:33 AM
He's also shown that he can't handle any sort of pressure that negatively impacts him. I'd take Rodgers anyday over Manning, no questions asked, he's a better quarterback than Eli, period.

Football is a team sport. The Giants rallied and got their TEAM together the year they won the SB, same with the Steelers a few years back.

There's a lot of factors on a team that have a major impact, a quarterback is one small piece.

You all make it seem like its only the quarterbacks fault if the team doesn't win the big games. Its ludicrous, and you probably have never played football before...and if you have then you're just a moron :goof

Quarterbacks always get to much credit and to much blame...thats just how it is...and it is the most important position in football...AND YES THE FAVRE BASHERS BLAME HIM FOR EVERYTHING...makes me chuckle...

hrsp
02-01-2010, 01:36 AM

didnt watch it simply for the fact that it is before the sb...just a terrible idea...and i heard it was rather weak with players not wanting to tackle..which i dont blame them...

ive said it a million times..fuck the game...just have a bunch of cool "skills" challenges and let old and current nfl stars compete..great for fans and alot less "risky" for the players...

T-Bag
02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
Rodgers got the second td pass because mario williams literally stopped in his tracks and didn't sack him.

Nix
02-01-2010, 10:34 AM
Rodgers got the second td pass because mario williams literally stopped in his tracks and didn't sack him.

Good to know, he still threw the ball and got it to the reciever who scored the td.

I know the Probowl dosen't mean shit to people like you and I but it means something to the guys that picked to go. More so a personal accomplishment/goal in an athelets career.

moels
02-01-2010, 10:53 AM
I was impressed when Rogers flat-footed that TD 55 yards in the air. He does have a strong arm.

Anakonda69
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
the packers receiving core is much better then the vikings. sidney rice is the only decent guy they have. of course shiancoe catches the ball he is somehow always forgotten about. jermichael finley emabarasses people by cathing the ball with guys all over him. driver jennings and nelson are far better then rice harvin and berrian. berrian blows a$$. harvin is a good kick returner but sucks has a receiver. and jordie nelson is the opposite. awesome receiver sucky kick returner. then throw james jones in the mix. sounds like a good core of guys.

ryan grant is good when the o-line does well. he is not a slasher so when the pocket closes in on him he doesn't react well. he is a north south style runner. in the open field he burns db's and cb's with ease. just needs a stronger o-line. even with the line he has he does well every year.

Greg@GLD
02-01-2010, 05:18 PM
I was impressed when Rogers flat-footed that TD 55 yards in the air. He does have a strong arm.

Apparently you're one of the other three in the country besides me to see that play. :thumbsup

Greg@GLD
02-02-2010, 08:37 AM
http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/dsc09784.jpg

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 08:58 AM
I saw it too.

Greg@GLD
02-02-2010, 09:11 AM
I saw it too.

It was the most watched Pro Bowl in 10 years...
/shrug

But that does not matter. It does not matter that the Packers made the playoffs with Rodgers. It does not matter that he threw for over 8,000 yards in his first two seasons and that's never been done before, EVER. It does not matter that he was one of the top-rated QB's in the league in only his second season as a starter, playing half a season behind a shitty o-line. It does not matter that he made the Pro Bowl.

He's not BreNt Favrarina. Maybe if he goes and plays for Da Bears and smirks while holding up a Bears jersey with a 12 on it that he'll become somebody... :rolleyes:

T-Bag
02-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Good to know, he still threw the ball and got it to the reciever who scored the td.

I know the Probowl dosen't mean shit to people like you and I but it means something to the guys that picked to go. More so a personal accomplishment/goal in an athelets career.

I'm not trying to bash the touchdown, just saying that it was a ridicously easy throw for Rodgers due to lack of coverage and lack of pass rush. Still awesome to watch him air it out like that.

I agree the pro-bowl should mean something to players. That one shitdick from the vikings got voted into his first pro-bowl but then no-showed at the last minute...he's gonna get fined by the NFL and the vikings.

Exitspeed
02-02-2010, 10:43 AM
/shrug

But that does not matter. It does not matter that the Packers made the playoffs with Rodgers. It does not matter that he threw for over 8,000 yards in his first two seasons and that's never been done before, EVER. It does not matter that he was one of the top-rated QB's in the league in only his second season as a starter, playing half a season behind a shitty o-line. It does not matter that he made the Pro Bowl.

He's not BreNt Favrarina. Maybe if he goes and plays for Da Bears and smirks while holding up a Bears jersey with a 12 on it that he'll become somebody... :rolleyes:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1535790/2/istockphoto_1535790_i_agree.jpg

70challenger452
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
/shrug

Couldn't have said it better myself

Silver03SRT
02-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Here are the pics of Favres ankle and leg after the game. No wonder he didnt run.

http://backseatfan.com/index.php/2010/02/brett-favre-injury-pictures/

07ROUSHSTG3
02-05-2010, 11:55 AM
^^^
i heard those were not of favre, but anyway.

i sprained my ankle playing kickball a couple years ago, looked probably worse than that, but it hurt like hell.my whole foot was black and blue, including toes. that is all i was thinking of when i saw the trainer on the sideline wrapping it as tight as he could. i couldn't even walk and had to be carried to the bar. not fun. for him to be able to stay in and still be mobile was pretty amazing.

Silver03SRT
02-05-2010, 12:41 PM
^^^
i heard those were not of favre, but anyway.

i sprained my ankle playing kickball a couple years ago, looked probably worse than that, but it hurt like hell.my whole foot was black and blue, including toes. that is all i was thinking of when i saw the trainer on the sideline wrapping it as tight as he could. i couldn't even walk and had to be carried to the bar. not fun. for him to be able to stay in and still be mobile was pretty amazing.

Hahahaha carried to the bar! That is dedication.

07ROUSHSTG3
02-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Hahahaha carried to the bar! That is dedication.

bachelor party :alcoholic

Karps TA
02-07-2010, 09:02 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bL72UV7XuFY&feature=player_embedded

hrsp
02-11-2010, 03:00 AM
one of the better commercials

Karps TA
02-11-2010, 08:24 AM
I thought those outtakes were hilarious. Especially the one where he reads off his stats. 90,000 yards passsing, 900 TD's and almost 300 wins. :lmao