View Full Version : New best on drag radials

lotsals1
05-19-2004, 11:42 PM
11.55@116.88 on a 1.70 60' :shades
Best mph 118.26 on my freekin A4 :thumbsup
I had plug wire issues all night --dropping cylinders 90% of my runs
i had runs of 12.20 @110 12.4@103
so i'm thinkin i can squeeze a lil more out of this monger
Car is a beast out of the hole --need to bump up my shift points car shifted at 6200 -cam makes solid power to 6800 -
Wheelies on DR'S :rockwoot:

SlowStee
05-20-2004, 12:40 AM
damn man nice! :eek:

Yooformula
05-20-2004, 12:51 AM
Nice job there Timmay! Those tires seem to be hooking well huh...good thing I stored em all winter for ya :3gears:

BAD LS1
05-20-2004, 08:11 AM
Good job there Timmay!!

I went on tuesday, made alot of runs just to find out about tire pressure diffs, didnt run any better than my best though due to TONS of wheel spin most of the night...

But i had one rev limiter launch on 13 psi in the slicks, it dead hooked and put the clutch up in smoke (finally) so its time for the spec Stg III to go in.

Even with Lazy shifts i was pulling 94 MPH 1/8 miles, the biotch was screaming pretty good.

All in all, I feel the full interior addition had NO bearing on my times, but the sand bagging was kinda behalf of my driving , track conditions, and the air quality.

Race weight of the night... 3540

Best 60 ft of my night was 1.69 with a 7.5 1/8 :sleep

But i learned alot about what the car likes as far as launch RPM's and tire pressure.

So the next time i go it will have the clutch to hold 6" high wheelies (both fronts) instead of the we little 2" day lights from both i had tues.

Looks like a back and forth battle again Tim :shades There is ALOT left in my setup yet though so it may be catch up time next time i go.

JC70SS
05-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Nice numbers Tim :thumbsup

Crawlin
05-20-2004, 12:42 PM
Good job Tim...

Damn, 1.7's are a beast? How long the rear gonna last this time you think? You already said it was iffy on sat. night

but i heard you had a problem with me leaving after i reflashed your computer. what'd you want me to do? I was meeting up with the MWAS group at jetsetter's on layton. if you got a problem, bring it to me, not to others in the parking lot.

Chris

Syclone0044
05-20-2004, 07:14 PM
Damn!! Those are some really nice times. 6 more hundredths and you'll need a cage. Guess I better get my act in gear, can't rest on my laurels anymore like I did over winter! :deal :goof

lotsals1
05-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Good job Tim...

Damn, 1.7's are a beast? How long the rear gonna last this time you think? You already said it was iffy on sat. night

but i heard you had a problem with me leaving after i reflashed your computer. what'd you want me to do? I was meeting up with the MWAS group at jetsetter's on layton. if you got a problem, bring it to me, not to others in the parking lot.

ChrisWell the going on DR thing was pretty much me trying to prolong the cheezy 10 bolts death -the only way i could launch was with just mashing it from a dead idle -if i stalled 1500-1800 it just blew off the tires
my best 60 was 1.672 but the whole plug wire thing kinda put a crummy ET on the board 11.962 @ 114.63 but i **** when i saw the 60'
my best 1/8 was 7.418 @ 94.29 . on a 1.71 60' but then it started crapping out on me again -- Then i messed with the wires and rand 11.65@116
i **** my pants--then i was gonna just be happy with 11.65 but some other ls1 dudes talked me into messing with the wires again "burned the crap out of my nuckles and thats when i went 11.55 - <---that was my goal for this setup --but after finally feeling it pull the way it should --i think it can do better with a few adjustments and a better tire --but i know something will break always does -- i would like to try a 50 shot just for kicks once i fix all the stupid crap that plaqued me the whole night
weird thing is i never got a misfire code or any ses ? it almost seemed like a bad cam positioning sensor thing --everytime it did it it felt like a nitrous hit??
wonder if it was knock retard?
so i'm not even positive its the wires -now that i think about it

lotsals1
05-20-2004, 09:41 PM
Good job Tim...

ChrisNope didnt have any problems at all once it was reflashed
i was happy as horse **** --If i still had a problem with it all i would of took it up with ya --I did say to you "we are now square" who said what!
The only thing i remember saying is "i told ya so"
now since the only person i talk to was Tommy and that capri dude
Now the reason I blew up at you in the first place was "same story"
someone heard you say some **** about me--I can handle **** talking about cars --but when someone talks **** about me on a personal note -thats when I'll lose it -now if someone calls me hmmm --let say "a *****"
I'll give them the opportunity to say it to my face -now i was going to drop it but the little bitches that fuel this soap opera bullshit never seem to stop
I'll take it up with them- If someone wants to get personal with me -name the time and place -and thats the bottom line--it sure doesnt matter to me
and trust me i'll be on time and alone--I'm so fockin tired of the ****

lotsals1
05-20-2004, 09:45 PM
Nice job there Timmay! Those tires seem to be hooking well huh...good thing I stored em all winter for ya :3gears:yah I cant beleave i got a 1.67 out of them bald azz things --musta been a buttload of vht layed out --i was thinking 1.85s as my best like always

Crawlin
05-21-2004, 12:50 PM
i don't make personal attacks. i'll say something about the car being messed up, because i thought that was the whole reason i came out to your shop in the first place. that it was shifting weird and you thought it could be the gearing messing it up. so lesson learned on my part not to mess with automatics :)

yeah you said we are square, and that's what i thought was the end. then when it's mentioned to me that you said something along the lines of, "he reflashes the computer and then just up and leaves" or something close to that, it gets to me. i forgot who it was cause honestly there are a ton of people i can't put names with faces.

I guess the whole telephone game just keeps playing its role. So off of that crap cause I don't like it anymore than you do. But back on to the car **** talking... I'm gonna land on you and pull the purple paint right off your car :) hehehe

lotsals1
05-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Damn!! Those are some really nice times. 6 more hundredths and you'll need a cage. Guess I better get my act in gear, can't rest on my laurels anymore like I did over winter! :deal :goofyah dont remind me --or b --i'll just let them kick me off wouldnt be the first time
or go clocks off that way the pit monkeys cant dime me out --the are usually the first ones to notice- So whens the turbo beast going to be out?
I ohmed out my crummy msd wires 3 of them are bad -i had kevlar sleeves on the boots and they still fried
i might go yet this summer and try a lil weight reduction just for a day and see if it helps--It helped Chris but not Tom so i have a 50/50 chance to drop a couple tenths--plus i want to try a 50/75 shot once but with the fickin wires like this i'm glad i didnt because a cylinder full of n2o and fuel suddenly fireing wouldnt be a good thing no to mention if it makes it out of the cylinder into my header and then fires--ouch

SloFarmTruck
05-22-2004, 02:16 AM
Tim, it helped me cause i went pretty much all out. Tom did the same, but he put most of his weight back in the car for this past week. I like the no carpet look, haha.

Stock GM wires are the best man. just stick with those instead of going with the MSD's again.

SloFarmTruck
05-22-2004, 02:17 AM
and yet again, this is z28kid cause i was too dumb to sign off the other screenname

lotsals1
05-22-2004, 05:53 PM
yah I'm gonna try a weight reduced run at it -the msd wires do suck major azz

BAD LS1
05-22-2004, 10:10 PM
Our cars are ata point where they simply cant go much faster on HP alone....

Yeah you can put on N20 and have automatic 10's but thats not what i want to do.... So if someone else runs 10s before .. Oh well... im gonna come sailing right past when i up the ante because ill have the bennys of advanced launching... Something your never gonna see on "almost stock" suspension

Being the fact we are tapped out for power pushing 3500lbs i need to get my suspension scienced out and the times the car will run will fully dependhow you can "slingshot" it out of the hole.

I will get this thing as close to 11,teens to high tens before i use a power adder.

When i do use a power adder i have to go all out on the the N20 kit i get because i will use it for my next stage the following season, prolly in the form of a solid roller 348 s/b with stock crank and forged pistons and rods, THEN a 150 hp shot or so on top of that, low 10's @ 130 plus here i come!!

Happy racing :guns1

lotsals1
05-23-2004, 08:14 PM
Our cars are ata point where they simply cant go much faster on HP alone....

Yeah you can put on N20 and have automatic 10's but thats not what i want to do.... So if someone else runs 10s before .. Oh well... im gonna come sailing right past when i up the ante because ill have the bennys of advanced launching... Something your never gonna see on "almost stock" suspension

Being the fact we are tapped out for power pushing 3500lbs i need to get my suspension scienced out and the times the car will run will fully dependhow you can "slingshot" it out of the hole.

I will get this thing as close to 11,teens to high tens before i use a power adder.

When i do use a power adder i have to go all out on the the N20 kit i get because i will use it for my next stage the following season, prolly in the form of a solid roller 348 s/b with stock crank and forged pistons and rods, THEN a 150 hp shot or so on top of that, low 10's @ 130 plus here i come!!

Happy racing :guns1hell i'm happy with how it is i guess
this car i'll just keep how it is and build a tubed stup car
yah we are pushin it for hydralic valvetrains -solid rollers are a pain in the ass for enjoyment driveing "been there done that" learned my lesson
i just want a car for the track ect. only some day --have the mill for it just waiting for a killer deal on one --someones always gotta get out of a project due to finacial issues ect. i just passed up on a 98 drag car
tubed tubed chasis

Crawlin
05-23-2004, 08:40 PM
another 4th gen you talking about Tim?

GRNDNL
05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Good job Gentlemen....... :thumbsup

Hint...Hint....Your both giving up way to much on the 60ft.... :shades

BAD LS1
05-24-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, the 60 fts are terrible!!

1.7's are pretty shotty IMO.

Ive got my clutch installed yesterday and fine tuned that and did some more suspension "tweaks".

I found that my jam nuts for the adjuster on the tq arm had came loose so it allowed my pinion angle to walk back to -.5 from -2.5 which certainly wasnt helping any.

I feel that with how 4x4'ish my sits that having the LCA in the lowest hole of those re-loc brackets actually caused some supension bind i feel.

After bringing them up to the middle hole and resetting the pinion angle to -2.5 with driver it was hooking really good on the DR's in wet roads!!! :Hump Where i actually had to try and spin the tires!!

Shes now back to bringing the front end up way high again too... :shades

Im also gonna attempt to use my parents 20' enclosed too to haul my car and tow it with my truck. So i can beat it hard at the trackand im not stuck if i break.

Crawlin
05-24-2004, 12:52 PM
Gotta remember those are on DR's for timmay though.

Tom let me know when you want to get down there(even though the whole place is flooded per Greg) and I'll shoot down there with ya and get some video.

Chris

BAD LS1
05-24-2004, 01:01 PM
But it was coming out beast like on the DR's

How are slicks gonna be better? :burnout :goof

4.10's and an auto's go together like PB& jelly with an LS1 it seems, its like making it a 6 speed you can just stab and steer.

I look at all this like building a model car... what fun would it be if comes pre assembled and painted already???

Ill keep my 6 speed :3gears:

GRNDNL
05-24-2004, 03:14 PM

Tom let me know when you want to get down there(even though the whole place is flooded per Greg) and I'll shoot down there with ya and get some video.

Chris

I need to go also, was thinking about Wed, didn't even think of the flood.....

Tom, I've got a open trailer you can borrow if you want....I think your little wimpy girly man truck could pull it....... :loser

You have to be careful with bringing the instant center back to far and hitting the tires to hard, works good on a low hp car but with more hp you can bang the tires to hard and spin them, I "think" that maybe a even bigger issue with a clutch... :confused

BAD LS1
05-24-2004, 03:27 PM
I need to go also, was thinking about Wed, didn't even think of the flood.....

Tom, I've got a open trailer you can borrow if you want....I think your little wimpy girly man truck could pull it....... :loser

You have to be careful with bringing the instant center back to far and hitting the tires to hard, works good on a low hp car but with more hp you can bang the tires to hard and spin them, I "think" that maybe a even bigger issue with a clutch... :confused

Keith what size is the open you got??? will a 4th gen fit on it? does it have trailer brakes???

Ive got a 2-5/16" ball and a 2" and a flat 4 connector on the truck already but not trailer brakes capability yet.

But yeah i think thats EXACTLY what the issue was with my launching problems!!! the instant center was way off i feel, the control arms are in more of a natural position now, not pointing straight up at the car.

YEah let me know on that trailer keith thats something in Definatley intrested in!!!

Crawlin
05-24-2004, 04:26 PM
i'll post the link to the pics when i get home, but it won't reopen till the water subsides, so if we get more rain, not gonna be open this week. I got the video camera for both cars then for you guys.

Chris

Crawlin
05-24-2004, 04:33 PM
this link should work...

http://www.bagaclub.com/Mach_1%20GLD/index.htm

lotsals1
05-24-2004, 09:30 PM
another 4th gen you talking about Tim?yah most likely --or a hybrid nitrous *****

lotsals1
05-24-2004, 10:32 PM

ChrisWERD
I dont get you Tommy --you always boast how m6's make more power
and the always do mph better i'll give them that
My 60' was crummy for god sake WTF does the A4 vs M6 thing have to do with anything since my 60' was 1.7
I could see it if it was 1.5 --but you did a 1.59 last year -did i whine "because he has a m6" hell no
Deflate the head already --i didnt bag on your **** when you posted your best
now did I
And this isnt even my cars best --the thing was crackin and fartin 90% of the time-
And i beleave your car has more to give yet as well
1.6 would give me 11.45 and thats about it for me --like i said at this weight
Street trim -- -
i cant use my stall --everytime i stall it it spins like a mofo--
At least you car hooks-so i know it will do better--if i could launch my car at 4500 and hook that would be the cats ass
Air bag is next inline for me -maybe stiffin the torque arm with some plate
I still need to lose my steel driveshaft -thing vibrates like a mofo
i need to do alot of stuff yet -powers there just cant use it like i need to

Syclone0044
05-24-2004, 11:54 PM
Well this may be just an anecdotal story but I wouldn't feel comfortable launching hard on that stock driveshaft, especially if it's vibrating now. I saw one last time at the Track (last Tuesday) that twisted off on the starting line like a soda can. He said it was his 2nd one he broke. This car was barely in the 11s, too. (Seemed like a Heads & Cam LS1)

BAD LS1
05-25-2004, 07:56 AM
Since when did i say 6 speeds are 2nd to none?

How did i bag on your time? i said good job didnt i? i was happy that you finnaly got that tranny operating again so i had a competitor again.

I simply stated out of my OWN OPINION "ill keep my 6 speed"

I think i do have that right?

I thought you said you like a little shiat talking to make things interesting???

I mean this all did start the revolutionary war between LS1 F bodies in milwaukee and all....

It will be me Chris and you all going head to head real soon..

So everyone sit back and get some :popcorn Its gonna get intresting :burnout

jbiscuit
05-25-2004, 09:08 AM
I'm gonna go 12.90's for $2500 in my project beater. :)

GRNDNL
05-25-2004, 09:10 AM
:rolf

You guys are to funny........ :punch:

BAD LS1
05-25-2004, 09:46 AM
yeah we sound like some bickering old women... kinda funny :rolf

GRNDNL
05-25-2004, 10:27 AM
yeah we sound like some bickering old women... kinda funny :rolf

Naw...I was thinking more like 13 year olds with a rubber knife stuck in your belt cruzin on your 10 speeds....... :bling

Crawlin
05-25-2004, 12:43 PM
It will be me Chris and you all going head to head real soon..

So everyone sit back and get some :popcorn Its gonna get intresting :burnout

Less than a month..... i can't friggen wait...

I'm actually more excited about J's "ANTI RICE" project than I am with my car :)

jbiscuit
05-25-2004, 01:04 PM
your just impressed Chris that I am building the car for the price of a big screen TV from American....ha ha ha ha.

mark my words, 12.90's for $2500

from what I have read though, if the car runs strong after I assemble the motor, it should be A LOT quicker than 12.90's

lotsals1
05-26-2004, 11:07 PM
Good job Gentlemen....... :thumbsup

Hint...Hint....Your both giving up way to much on the 60ft.... :shadesyah I know Keith --My crummy lil 10 bolt would grenade if i dead hook --its already starting to whine and buck-Why Gm stuck these cars with such a turd rear end is beyond me-I'll get something else soon --just had some machineing done and some balance work done --kinda tapped me out for a while "SHOCKING"

lotsals1
05-26-2004, 11:08 PM
another 4th gen you talking about Tim?yes -but that could change