PDA

View Full Version : Brutal race between blazer and jeep srt 8

Turbo-Triumph
01-23-2010, 02:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZw29SsJ5YU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xZw29SsJ5YU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Get the gun ready.

Anakonda69
01-23-2010, 02:56 PM
wow

johnny--2k
01-23-2010, 04:16 PM
oh HELL NO!!!! I would be PISSED!!!!!

-stew-
01-23-2010, 04:30 PM
Best comment (and my thoughts): That's how people get shot.

fly5150
01-23-2010, 04:47 PM
thats just wrong.

Car Guy
01-23-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd receive a disorderly conduct ticket for punching his teeth down his throat.....;)

Holeshot
01-23-2010, 06:06 PM
Looks like 88Nightmare's Blazer. Mike was that you? :goof

Yooformula
01-23-2010, 06:06 PM
there was another video from the same place with a caprice and grand am. awesome ending too!

pOrk
01-23-2010, 06:23 PM
Damn. Now the guy in the jeep is going to claim this on his insurance, and his insurance company will see this video and he will go to jail

0TransAm0
01-23-2010, 06:26 PM
damn.. that's really messed up. why on earth would somebody wreck them on purpose? unless it was for insurance reasons...

0TransAm0
01-23-2010, 06:29 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HfBHn19KGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_HfBHn19KGo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

edit watch this one.. the one Yoo was talking about. its probably all for the "show"

Yooformula
01-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Damn. Now the guy in the jeep is going to claim this on his insurance, and his insurance company will see this video and he will go to jail

no way for them to tell who it was if they cant see his plate number.

Yooformula
01-23-2010, 07:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HfBHn19KGo&feature=related

edit watch this one.. the one Yoo was talking about. its probably all for the "show"

if it was for show, thats a shitty way to wreck a 9C1.

PB86MCSS
01-23-2010, 08:34 PM
I think the whole point of that race was for the cars to wreck...dumb and a waste yes. Also f-ing idiotic of the SRT8 guy to even enter his car. Not saying the Blazer was "in the right" but still.

JaMichaels
01-23-2010, 08:44 PM
"Beech Ridge Motor Speedway Day of Destruction"

Read the name of the event you enter before signing in...

Yooformula
01-23-2010, 10:51 PM
"Beech Ridge Motor Speedway Day of Destruction"

Read the name of the event you enter before signing in...

I dont think that event wsa one of the destruction days event. Otherwise why would the announcer mention disqualifying the other driver? in another video they have it was spectator drags and a bunch of races were compiled with no other wrecks..who knows.

Al
01-23-2010, 10:56 PM
No sympathy after watching other videos for that day.

Them people from Maine.

T-Bag
01-24-2010, 06:59 AM
Hahaha I remember doing the spectator races at Slinger...a friend's brother ended up going to the hospital because he tried passing a huge caprice on the outside while while it was getting squirrely in his Integra. Obviously the Integra got smoked, right into the wall.

SSLEVO
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM
They had spectator races at golden sands in plover that i just about entered a while back. I would have wasted everything out there with my 366 whp camaro, didn't want some stupid kid to plow into my car like above so i declined.

WhatsADSM
01-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Damn that is SHITTY. How you can you have that much disregard for someone else's property.

GTSLOW
01-24-2010, 01:27 PM
So what happened. Where the f is the back story? This SRT8 guy has to be on a forum somewhere.

Prince Valiant
01-24-2010, 01:35 PM
So what happened. Where the f is the back story? This SRT8 guy has to be on a forum somewhere.If you look through the comments, someone claims to know a little of the story...but doesn't give too much detail.

The gist of it was that the two guys had it in for each other for sometime, and wanted to settle a score (maybe it was about their respective vehicles or something, hence the race to "settle it"). They raced at the track at which point the blazer driver purposely rammed the srt, high-tailed it back to his place later. The SRT driver would later show up at the dude's house, but found the blazer driver had all his friends waiting for him.

That was as much as I gleaned from it...why they disliked each other, what score did they want to settle, why racing was the appropriate means to settle it, what ended up happening to the jeep, the two guys, or anything was never mentioned.

FoxStang
01-24-2010, 03:36 PM
That sucks, good time to find out how creative he can get with his insurance company.

Adam Brooks
01-24-2010, 06:19 PM
ROFL that shits hilarious

JaMichaels
01-24-2010, 10:42 PM
I didn't see anything illegal? All I see is a stupid SRT owner, that got shit talked by guy in Blazer, agreed to a race and Blazer went for the destruction. Blazer guy cant be sued or punished, that's what the SRT gets for going on the track with someone he was in an argument with.

RanJer
01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I didn't see anything illegal? All I see is a stupid SRT owner, that got shit talked by guy in Blazer, agreed to a race and Blazer went for the destruction. Blazer guy cant be sued or punished, that's what the SRT gets for going on the track with someone he was in an argument with.

Did someone say it was illegal? It's on a racetrack.. Therefore any "accident" isn't illegal, not like he can call it a hit and run.. Why don't you take whatever it is you drive to Slinger for a spectator race and see what happens.

88Nightmare
01-24-2010, 11:00 PM
spectator eliminator at its finest. SRT8 guy should have known the risks before he entered. He very easily could have wrecked on his own with no one hitting him. Insurance won't cover that. Just like wrecking at GLD. If you put your street car on the track in a sanctioned event, your insurance goes out the window. There may be special coverage for stuff like that, but most general policies don't cover it. go check out the spectator eliminators at slinger. people crash all the time.

I plead the 5th :thumbsup

Actually the white battle blazer has been parked on the side of the driveway since thanksgiving awaiting an ignition module. I got the part... just too lazy to do it :rolf

RanJer
01-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Double Post. Plz Delete.

RanJer
01-24-2010, 11:40 PM
If you put your street car on the track in a sanctioned event, your insurance goes out the window. There may be special coverage for stuff like that, but most general policies don't cover it. go check out the spectator eliminators at slinger. people crash all the time.

Basically covers it. With any track, Slinger.. RA.. you wreck.. it's your ass. You sign a disclaimer, etc.. You should understand the possible outcomes of YOUR decision.

-stew-
01-25-2010, 12:22 AM

Like Harry said, rubbin's racin'. But deliberately smashing into a $45k SRT8 Jeep with a $65 Blazer just because you are on the legal "ghoul" that is the race track is utter douchebaggery. How can you look at this as "that's what the SRT gets?" Two people going to a race track to settle a dispute like adults should under no circumstances end like this. Driver of the Blazer is a pu$$y hiding behind the waiver they both signed.

WhatsADSM
01-25-2010, 12:31 AM
Like Harry said, rubbin's racin'. But deliberately smashing into a $45k SRT8 Jeep with a $65 Blazer just because you are on the legal "ghoul" that is the race track is utter douchebaggery. How can you look at this as "that's what the SRT gets?" Two people going to a race track to settle a dispute like adults should under no circumstances end like this. Driver of the Blazer is a pu$$y hiding behind the waiver they both signed.

couldn't agree more. That is a pretty ***** thing to do, and to make it worse (if what valiant said was true) he then drives home and hides behind a bunch of his friends when the SRT guy goes to confront him about it. :rolleyes:

Even if I hated someone I wouldn't challenge them to "race" with the intentions of smashing into their car with mine.

GTSLOW
01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
^ x3 especially running home :wtf :rolf

SSLEVO
01-25-2010, 12:23 PM
I i were the jeep owner i would keep tabs on the DB, look him up every 5 years or so and give him some sugar in the gas tank.

88Nightmare
01-25-2010, 12:31 PM

maybe the guy should have had the foresight not to put his $45k jeep on a track against a guy with a $65 blazer. $65 blazer guy has nothing to lose.....

Car Guy
01-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Basically covers it. With any track, Slinger.. RA.. you wreck.. it's your ass. You sign a disclaimer, etc.. You should understand the possible outcomes of YOUR decision.

Not always, but most of the time it is considered 'racing'.....:3gears:

WhatsADSM
01-25-2010, 01:24 PM
maybe the guy should have had the foresight not to put his $45k jeep on a track against a guy with a $65 blazer. $65 blazer guy has nothing to lose.....

So when I go on track at RA lets say and someone else shows up with a $1000 honda civic I shouldn't race him? Because I should expect that he will be a douchebag and smash his car into mine as I am braking for T1? And also the guy in the ferrari should think twice about me because he should expect that I will take my car which is worth 1/10th of his and smash it into him?

That video is in NO WAY NORMAL. You should never have to assume that someone with a cheaper car will smash into on the track purposefully. Only way that is okay is if it is a destruction derby.

-stew-
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM

The guy in the blazer has a lot to loose and he knows it, that's why he hid behind the waiver that was signed before getting on the track.

Put yourself in the Jeeps shoes: I call out you and your TBSS with my POS, are you gonna sit in the staging worried I'm gonna pile into your truck just to spite you? Or you you gonna stay home and puss out because by driving a pile I "have nothing to lose?" Or you just gonna come to the track and run me and not worry that I might be a giant vag who will hide behind a liabilty waiver?

88Nightmare
01-25-2010, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't put my TBSS on a oval track. I wouldn't race it at slinger. I haven't even made it to Great Lakes yet. I've seen the shit that happens during the spectator eliminator at Slinger speedway. I know enough that I don't want to put anything of value in those races. So you call me out for a spectator race at Slinger... I would refuse to oblige. Call me any name in the book, but at the end of the day, my TBSS will still be parked at home with every panel on it straight as an arrow. ***** or not, I am not an idiot. (thats up for debate :D )

88Nightmare
01-25-2010, 02:49 PM
So when I go on track at RA lets say and someone else shows up with a $1000 honda civic I shouldn't race him? Because I should expect that he will be a douchebag and smash his car into mine as I am braking for T1? And also the guy in the ferrari should think twice about me because he should expect that I will take my car which is worth 1/10th of his and smash it into him?

That video is in NO WAY NORMAL. You should never have to assume that someone with a cheaper car will smash into on the track purposefully. Only way that is okay is if it is a destruction derby.

Road America has a slightly different clientele compared to what you saw in the video. Would I put my TBSS on the track at RA? Probably not... Not for fear of someone hitting me, but for fear of me hitting someone else. I know nothing about how to road race

wrath
01-25-2010, 03:16 PM
Put yourself in the Jeeps shoes: I call out you and your TBSS with my POS, are you gonna sit in the staging worried I'm gonna pile into your truck just to spite you? Or you you gonna stay home and puss out because by driving a pile I "have nothing to lose?" Or you just gonna come to the track and run me and not worry that I might be a giant vag who will hide behind a liabilty waiver?

I wouldn't get on a track with your POS for fear it'd have something fail and kill me, let alone damage anything of mine. And then when your dilapidated POS did ruin something of mine, or kill me, out of no fault of my own I'd be afraid you'd be a giant sleevevag and wouldn't even so much as apologize. That's what the guy in the GCSRT8 should have been thinking when he got on the track.

88Nightmare
01-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I wouldn't get on a track with your POS for fear it'd have something fail and kill me, let alone damage anything of mine. And then when your dilapidated POS did ruin something of mine, or kill me, out of no fault of my own I'd be afraid you'd be a giant sleevevag and wouldn't even so much as apologize. That's what the guy in the GCSRT8 should have been thinking when he got on the track.

this

-stew-
01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
My car may not be painted but it is paid for. And it was paid for with out mommy signing onto the note...

88Nightmare
01-25-2010, 06:19 PM
and that affects my decision in putting it into a circle track race..... how?

wrath
01-25-2010, 06:27 PM
My car may not be painted but it is paid for. And it was paid for with out mommy signing onto the note...

So now it's about your car and you?

-stew-
01-25-2010, 06:55 PM
Your moms gonna be pissed if you wreck her station wagon. :)

My analogy was refering to the staging lanes at the dragstrip. Douche canoe in the blazer would prolly be no less likely to intentionaly pile into the Jeep than he would pile into it in the stagging lanes or pits at the dragstrip.

WhatsADSM
01-25-2010, 07:06 PM

Right... This is what your example taught me:

Mountain climbing is dangerous and things can malfunction and I could get hurt or even killed so I shouldn't go. But if I do go it's okay if the guy next to me pushes me off. He probably won't apologize for pushing me off, cause he is a sleevevag. That's what I should have been thinking when I started climbing.

You guys are delusional if you think this is normal, and the blazer driver is anything short of a d-bag. Remind me never to drive even remotely close to you, as you may think it is acceptable to RAM into my car, shoot me over a parking space, or the like.

WickedSix
01-25-2010, 08:21 PM
its at a roundy round track stuf like this happened to 'outsiders' all the time at my home track...what kinda knobshine is stupid enough to put their nice car into any form of a race expecting nothing to happen?

wrath
01-25-2010, 09:07 PM
Right... This is what your example taught me:

Mountain climbing is dangerous and things can malfunction and I could get hurt or even killed so I shouldn't go. But if I do go it's okay if the guy next to me pushes me off. He probably won't apologize for pushing me off, cause he is a sleevevag. That's what I should have been thinking when I started climbing.

You guys are delusional if you think this is normal, and the blazer driver is anything short of a d-bag. Remind me never to drive even remotely close to you, as you may think it is acceptable to RAM into my car, shoot me over a parking space, or the like.

Not quite. I didn't say anything about anyone intentionally ramming into anyone. I said the reason he shouldn't have lined up his $40k MSRP ($30k real price) GCSRT8 against a no-newer-than-1994 dilapidated S10 Blazer because he's in a POS that might fail.

What I'm saying is that don't go rock climbing with a guy that uses binder clips and old hemp necklaces for climbing gear.

JaMichaels
01-25-2010, 09:27 PM
Did someone say it was illegal? It's on a racetrack.. Therefore any "accident" isn't illegal, not like he can call it a hit and run.. Why don't you take whatever it is you drive to Slinger for a spectator race and see what happens.

Nope, no one said it was illegal.. I simply was pointing out the fact there WAS nothing illegal. They both signed up to race, they were fueding, and the Blazer guy took advantage of a loophole.

Would you all be calling the SRT owner a douche if he slammed into the POS Blazer?

I wouldn't take my Daily Driver to a spectator race, but I would buy a POS Blazer, convince my enemies into racing their daily drivers onto a track and smash into their ass.. Ultimate revenge with no repercussions.

0TransAm0
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
^^ no repercussions as long as they don't come find you and pull a gun or something...

JaMichaels
01-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Agreed, but then they're on the legal end.. I mean by the books.

Prince Valiant
01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure that just because there is a waiver signed, the owner of the SRT doesn't/didn't still have legal rights to seek restitution. I'm not sure those waivers cover intentional acts of malice, as the ramming clearly was imo. The track might be protected, and the blazer might be protected if there was truly an accident/breakage...but to willfully do what he did is another thing. An hyperbolic example would include pulling out a gun and shooting at the SRT...sure, a waiver was signed, but it wouldn't keep the police from busting the blazer driver.

That said, there probably isn't much the SRT can take from the guy...

GTSLOW
01-25-2010, 10:46 PM

Oh shit ho!

hrsp
01-25-2010, 11:25 PM
poooor srt8...it can come live with me....lol

88Nightmare
01-26-2010, 02:52 AM
Would you all be calling the SRT owner a douche if he slammed into the POS Blazer?

nope... but I'd still be laughing just as hard :thumbsup

LEWETHETIGER73
01-26-2010, 07:29 AM
Wow, I can't beleive how far this has gone from a funny video!

PureSound15
01-26-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure that just because there is a waiver signed, the owner of the SRT doesn't/didn't still have legal rights to seek restitution. I'm not sure those waivers cover intentional acts of malice, as the ramming clearly was imo. The track might be protected, and the blazer might be protected if there was truly an accident/breakage...but to willfully do what he did is another thing.

^^^ This. I'm sure there is a waiver to protect the track and ensure that all racers are aware that "accidents happen," but I also think there would be a legal route for the SRT8 driver to seek.

If I'm at a gun range and laugh as I shoot you in the foot ... would it be OK because we're at a gun range where people shoot loaded guns?

I'm sure it has something to do with "With malice"

GTSLOW
01-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Good point Ryan.

TheRX7Project
01-26-2010, 12:28 PM
^^^ This. I'm sure there is a waiver to protect the track and ensure that all racers are aware that "accidents happen," but I also think there would be a legal route for the SRT8 driver to seek.

If I'm at a gun range and laugh as I shoot you in the foot ... would it be OK because we're at a gun range where people shoot loaded guns?

I'm sure it has something to do with "With malice"

I hope so. Actually, look at the woman who took her son to the shooting range, shot and killed him. It was intentional (and caught on camera, such as this), and therefore she went to prison.

The guy in the Blazer deserves to have his nuts blown off by a thousand firecrcackers while he is tied to a freezing steel post and pissed on.

88Nightmare
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
It's just a Jeep.......

-stew-
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM

Yes. In the same way Dale Earnhart SR is a douche for wrecking every driver he wasn't fast enough to pass.

I would buy a POS Blazer, convince my enemies into racing their daily drivers onto a track and smash into their ass.. Ultimate revenge with no repercussions.

What part of your raising makes you thing this is a decent or normal way to act? Because you simply signed a waiver stating that the venue isn't liable for any injuries you may incur. You can't run over the flag man and get away with it simply because you're on a race track.

juicedimpss
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM

couldnt have been,it wasnt leaning.
:banana1:

sorry mikey,i owe you a beer.

88Nightmare
01-26-2010, 03:18 PM
funny you should say that. The left front coil spring on my Ranger is sagging a lot, so of course as I'm driving down the road, my ranger is leaning to the left :D

Al
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
An hyperbolic example would include pulling out a gun and shooting at the SRT...

I see; using the truck as a weapon could be seen as going beyond the conditions of the waiver.

Turbo-Triumph
01-26-2010, 10:28 PM
I see; using the truck as a weapon could be seen as going beyond the conditions of the waiver.

the blazer lawyer would reply,

"He was not using his car as a weapon, he was doing a tactical manuever known as a 'pit manuever', and therefore his intention was to win the race, by spinning out his opponent, and did not mean intentional harm.
He did this because he knew if he didnt, he would loose the race."

Turbo-Triumph
01-26-2010, 10:31 PM

3 minutes.

Prince Valiant
01-26-2010, 10:47 PM
the blazer lawyer would reply,

"He was not using his car as a weapon, he was doing a tactical manuever known as a 'pit manuever', and therefore his intention was to win the race, by spinning out his opponent, and did not mean intentional harm.
He did this because he knew if he didnt, he would loose the race."well, in either a small claims case or jury trial, I don't think it would meet the "preponderance of evidence" required in a civil trial. People would see right through it...it doesn't sound credible in the least.

Likewise, even if a prosecutor pressed criminal charges (be it a charge related to vandalism, assault, aggravated assault, perhaps using the vehicle as a weapon-which I think are all appropriate charges) I'm not sure such a defense would fly...because while the burden of proof is "beyond all reasonable doubt," most reasonable people could see the intent of the blazer drivers owner was to cause property destruction if not outright harm, so no reasonable doubt would likely exist.

And though it might seem harsh to put the guy behind bars, I would...what kind of ass uses his vehicle as a weapon like that? Even IF he was sure no one would get hurt, it's still not unreasonable to think this person is a threat to public safety...and deserves to be put away to protect the public at large.

To me, I can understand two guys lacing up boxing gloves to "duke it out" and "settle a score".....but I would have to put my foot down if one of them breaks out the crow bar to hurt, or even to just scare the other guy.