PDA

View Full Version : All White BasketBall League...

hrsp
01-21-2010, 09:16 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/all-white-league-founder-not-a-racist-thing-17749617

Discuss.....

Karps TA
01-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Awesome. I've always said the most exciting basketball is a good chest pass and a nice set shot. The game has become way to fast to follow on tv.

Besides ex Badger players need some place to play after college.

PB86MCSS
01-21-2010, 09:23 PM
I look forward to the TV show/series that will feature this league.

kornholio788
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
Black people are just better at most sports than white people lol. So I predict no records to be broken on that league haha.

Mr Twigbert
01-22-2010, 11:24 AM
I see it as Black Americans have all black colleges, schools, churches, ect, ect, ect..

Now lets see if they get all up set over this.. What goes around comes around..

And if this bothers them, maybe they will see how it bothers us..

Slavery is over and has been for a LONG time.. Lets get past it..

moels
01-22-2010, 11:37 AM
I see it as Black Americans have all black colleges, schools, churches, ect, ect, ect..

I agree totally.

BET, Miss Black America etc.
If we had white versions of these things everyone would be in an uproar.

Prince Valiant
01-22-2010, 11:38 AM
The founder says this isn't a "racist thing." Of course it's racist...if the criteria used to decide is purportedly race, by definition this is racist. That said, I'm not sure if this is a racial superiority thing, but certainly a racial preferential thing.

I see it as Black Americans have all black colleges
Well, they have historically black colleges...white students can (and in some cases do) go to them.

Waver
01-22-2010, 11:45 AM

No, a lot wont. For them, nomatter if they are white or black, they will see it as another way whites, in general, are racist ass holes trying to keep the black man down. Just the way the world is.

moels
01-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Is there a United Caucasian College Fund?

I believe in the video he admits to using race to promote his league. Why shouldn't he?

84hurst
01-22-2010, 02:55 PM
I see no problem with forming the league. Blacks have plenty of their own leagues/associations/funds. Why shouldn't we? That said, I'm really not a fan of basketball anyways.

Sprayaway Fox
01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Affermitive action for the NBA!

HY35F2T
01-22-2010, 03:10 PM
I go to the movies with a girl to see the movie not to get laid later.lol

Nothins ever going to come of this just some washed up kkk wanna be trying to get some tv time.

Exitspeed
01-22-2010, 03:23 PM
This is gonna be as boring as the WNBA.

"They just make it looks SO hard!"

Stupid crackers.

lol.

Karps TA
01-22-2010, 05:07 PM
boring as the WNBA?

This would make the WNBA look like 80's Laker vs Celtics. It would set the sport back 200 years.

Bunch of pasty white guys wearing nut hugger shorts, black socks, and spaz straps to keep their glasses on while dribbling with 2 hands. They'd have to lower the rim to 7'

Prince Valiant
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
This would make the WNBA look like 80's Laker vs Celtics. It would set the sport back 200 years.
Is there any irony that one of teams you used was an unusually white team? What, two starters (dennis johnson and Parish) were Black, and slow ones at that :goof

u_say_go
01-22-2010, 10:31 PM
boring as the WNBA?

Bunch of pasty white guys wearing nut hugger shorts, black socks, and spaz straps to keep their glasses on while dribbling with 2 hands. They'd have to lower the rim to 7'

:rolf:rolf:rolf right on man!

United Negro College Fund
BET
Black History Month
Black Miss America pagent
etc, etc....

a black woman can enter the Miss America pagent, but white women can't enter the Black Miss America pagent....try having a United Honky COllege Fund, or White Entertainment television, or White history month. that shit would never happen because white folks are too affraid of hurting someone's feelings.
I'll be the first to buy season tickets to see the Milwaukee Crackers! Beats sitting in the crackhead section for Bucks games

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 09:12 AM
if i want to create an all white group that futhers the white race im racist. if your a person of color and you do the same thing your part of the N.A.A.C.P.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 01:10 PM
Personally I'm not offended because i don't let these types of things bother me. However just because slavery ended 150 years ago doesn't mean all is well and fair. Blacks didn't have equal rights ,education, or employment oppurtunitys until the late 60's. Just because those rights were granted , doesn't mean everyone was onboard will allowing these things to come to fruition. These organizations were designed to try to catch blacks who didn't have the same oppurtunitys financially and other, to the the majority of white students and employees back when these group were founded.Some of these groups are antiquated in todays society and should go away , but by saying "we don't have a white history month, a wet or whatever" your just part of the problem as far as the racial divide is concerned.To address the wet statement its called Cmt (98 percent of the artists,guest, and hosts are white), white history month is damn near the rest of the curriculum(atleast it was in my newyork high school) Kids aren't being taught about George Washington carver, the trail of tears , civil rights movement, and other minority specific history the rest of the year , so they created a month that those things have to be talked about. I am not racist, i am half white , and half black , i got an education and fought for this country which is why it bothers me that today still people try to distance themselves from another based on race. Dislike someone for there attitude and actions, not because you feel there race as whole has got something over on you.

Crawlin
01-24-2010, 02:59 PM
so you agree that those groups are trying to further their specific race by limiting who can get those financial offerings down to a specific race?

like it should be ok for a african american teenager to go to college just cause he's black, and push the caucasian out of that college because it was filled by the african american, even though the grades of the white student were better?

You know, just so he can have the same opportunities his ancestors didn't have.

Isn't that reverse discrimination then?

We wont have equality in this world UNTIL those that feel they have been persecuted upon stop trying to seperate themselves by class. All you do by that is further that stereotype when people in society have to deal with those situations.

Construction superintendant has to hire a minority just to keep a certain % of race, and that person slacks off knowing full well he can't be fired. How fair is that? Cause it happens every day.

Fuck equality. Fuck fairness. WORK for your shit. STUDY for your shit. WORK HARDER to earn your shit. Plenty of whites have had to work through tough times of no money, bad schools, etc...

I will say it's starting to get really funny out there. Plenty of kids I went to school with don't get any federal financial aid because there parents make too much money(yet it's still under $60,000 combined from what I've been told by those students). So now they barely can get to go to school because of their parents working hard to support their family. But, if you slack off and fuck up in this world, guess what, you can have all kinds of free shit.

moels
01-24-2010, 03:13 PM
^^^ Perfectly said, nothing more needs to be added.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 03:30 PM
First off reread my post, I said some of the organizations are antiquated. I never got a handout, for college or any other oppurtunitys i have had in life. Nor does the employment affirmitive action affect you or anyone you know. Please don't represent hearsay as fact.Show me one specific example where you or someone you know has been pushed out of a job by a underqualified minority. A Scholoriship fund for low income minorities does not make it so qualified white students doesn't get to go to college. And once again show me specific converse examples of the afore mentioned that show a pattern and not an exception and then you and I cant debate the validity of your WILDE claims. P.s affirmitive action applies to women also, Police departments give preferential treatment to women because of there willingness to use methods of persuasion instead of always using force. I'm open to debate any rational arguments , and im in no way trying to insult you, however blanket statements applied to any group of people get under my skin. Eveyone seems to have a opinion about the naacp because its for blacks, and yet they all seem to complain about the growing crime rates , welfare enrollment and so on. If you don't want to live in a city were people are being shot on a hourly basis you should offer those that are of the demographic most associated with those violent crimes and high drop out rates , an incentive to strive to do better , so that there kids will be better. Inaction is no different than commiting the action yourself . If your not part of the solution your part of the problem.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 03:40 PM
For the record I don't think its right for minorities to have a give me a handout attitude. Hard work does alot for ones esteem. My post are directed at those that want to get something more out of life and take steps toward that. Anyone who thinks they should get something for nothing is in my opinion worthless and a strain on society.

Prince Valiant
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
I never got a handout, for college or any other oppurtunitys i have had in life.Here's what you should resent then...that no one knows that. Why? Because there are those who did get a handout or other opportunities extended to them for reasons of color.

Because color was the sole factor b/w a kid who did get aid or admission, from those who one who didn't, it really isn't unfair to assume that an african-american DID get the "handup"...If color was the guiding factor to their reception of it, then color is a fair guide for the general public to know who did and didn't get preferential treatment. I don't agree...but, that's how/why it is.

Nor does the employment affirmitive action affect you or anyone you know.Okay, let's assume chris doesn't actually personally no someone whom affirmative action didn't harm.

Guess what? That doesn't lead on to conclude it doesn't occur...

IF a hiring was made in the name of "affirmative action", then that means the individual wasn't hired on the merits alone...and thus DID negatively affect another, more derserving individual when view on their merits alone. At the same time, an african american who DID get hired on the merits alone has to put up with those who assume he/she is where they are based on affirmative action...

...so in either case, AA is a lose-lose for blacks imo.

A Scholoriship fund for low income minorities does not make it so qualified white students doesn't get to go to college.I guess, by this logic a "whites only" country club is okay as it doesn't keep a black guy out of a country club. Likewise, as long as we built "seperate but equal" facilities, it should all be okay....right?

Race preference is race preference...and by definition racism.

Granted, those who say they've "got no problem" with league, really shouldn't be complaining about the united negro fund.

Eveyone seems to have a opinion about the naacp because its for blacks, and yet they all seem to complain about the growing crime rates , welfare enrollment and so on.Okay, what has the NAACP done to alleviate this? They haven't made it better...if anything time has shown things have only gotten worse

....and a very rational case can be made that the NAACP have played a part in making it worse by the policies and politics the pursue.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 06:49 PM
First off thank you for a intelligent well thought out response.Now I do not agree with the naacp as far as its exclusion of those not of color. My intent is not to defend there practices. I don't think its fair for anyone to be discriminated against in any fashion as it pertains to race. The all white country club analogy is very similar to the way the naacp conducts itself(which i am against).The problem is we live in a country were discrimination does exist on all levels and affects many different group of people. but in todays society and especially here in Wisconsin employers can hire and fire for any reason at anytime unless under contract with that employee . The affirmative action that people so often speak about doesn't happen anywhere near as often as purported. That it still happens none the less is more to do with a company trying to appear as color blind than it actually being so.
I shouldn't have to say i never got a handout, I put my life on the line to do this country's bidding in this ongoing war. I have lived in a lot of places and grew up in a rural town where i was assaulted in elementary school by a teacher who was racist(Scio, Newyork). I know first hand what prejudice is and how it affects those that it is perpetrated upon. I don't think there is any excuse in todays world to hate a group of people for the actions perpetrated by a few.Milwaukee is the most segregated city i have ever lived in. That is due to the trash that cant speak proper English, deal dope and shoot for tennis shoes, but it is also due to people who judge not from any interactions they personally have with people but off of what there friends and family say about a group. It is my belief that if you help those that want to succeed but don't have any family support or means to other than a willingness to work or study hard, regardless of race that is a noble thing. It helps advance our society both industrially and intellectually , which in todays global economy is needed to preserve the way you and i live. Getting good people ( those who aspire to do something worthwhile ) out of there ghetto life is only going to improve our society as a whole.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:19 PM
To Crawlin , are you saying that it is wrong for there to be a naacp ,but perfectly fine to have a all white basketball league . I'm having a hard time discerning what your getting at.
Are you against all types of aid to those in hard times or are you upset that your freind didn't get a free ride because his parents made 60000 a year. The people who get assistance for college would be lucky to have a combined income of half that. If those people dont learn a trade or get some form of higher education they will do nothing but continue to drain the system for many more years than 2-4 years of college. Also most black students who get into college on assistance or scholarship do so on athletic or academic scholarship offered by the school not the government. Or are you saying a earned thru hard work scholarship is a handout?

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Also if these "handouts" are so rampant why is it that the ratio for white to black students at university is 90 -10?

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Also if these "handouts" are so rampant why is it that the ratio for white to black students at university is 90 -10?

Just curious - where did you get that number?

Please don't tell me Wikipedia

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:37 PM
wikepedia

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
wikepedia

i hate you...

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz256/Sini32/expressionsetc/723sya.gif

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 07:44 PM
To Crawlin , are you saying that it is wrong for there to be a naacp ,but perfectly fine to have a all white basketball league . I'm having a hard time discerning what your getting at.
Are you against all types of aid to those in hard times or are you upset that your freind didn't get a free ride because his parents made 60000 a year. The people who get assistance for college would be lucky to have a combined income of half that. If those people dont learn a trade or get some form of higher education they will do nothing but continue to drain the system for many more years than 2-4 years of college. Also most black students who get into college on assistance or scholarship do so on athletic or academic scholarship offered by the school not the government. Or are you saying a earned thru hard work scholarship is a handout?

if there can be an naacp there should be an all white basketbal league ..

the only thing that keeps racism around is items such as black history month, naacp, and affirmative action.

i dont see a white history month or a Chinese history month.

what makes black people so special they get a month. I'm sure i could find just as many interesting things about Mexicans. why dont they have a month.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:47 PM
i averaged the ratio of 6 schools throughout the us . the numbers for some were 16percent some were 6 some were 22 to get a true number of all colleges would take to long in addition to that my numbers suited my argument.lol

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2008/022/6/5/facepalm_gif_by_thatweirdo7.gif

:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn:popcorn

I want to type... but I feel as though there have been many good points already made.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:49 PM
Beat a dead horse much? I already covered the naacp and white history month.I know my posts are long but if you read them entirely you will see that.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
black history month covers minority history, at least it did at my school?

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 07:51 PM
i averaged the ratio of 6 schools throughout the us . the numbers for some were 16percent some were 6 some were 22 to get a true number of all colleges would take to long in addition to that my numbers suited my argument.lol

So, if I were to prepare my argument, would you be alright with me using the average from 6 of our nations historic black colleges? :confused

Here's a link..

http://www.edonline.com/cq/hbcu/alphabet.htm

http://www.blackcollegesearch.com/

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 07:52 PM

So can we call it minority history month?

I'm playing devils advocate, is all.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:54 PM
that guy; hate passed down from generation to generation is what keep racism alive.

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 07:55 PM

what makes the minority so special it gets a month..

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:55 PM
So can we call it minority history month?

I'm playing devils advocate, is all.

Fine by me, :)

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 07:56 PM
that guy; hate passed down from generation to generation is what keep racism alive.

cultural ignorance, jesse jackson, and al sharpeton keep racism alive.

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 07:56 PM

Hate of what? Hate of blacks - or hate of whites? Hate of history?

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
what makes the minority so special it gets a month..

because of a nation is important , prior to the new named minority month , the accomplishments and significant actions of some minoritys was overlooked in the history books.

Prince Valiant
01-24-2010, 07:58 PM
Also if these "handouts" are so rampant why is it that the ratio for white to black students at university is 90 -10?My first guess would be because the numbers reflect ~ the same ratio of blacks in the US....but it's not blacks vs. whites. Blacks make up 13.5% of the collegiate student population total, and ~12.5% of the population as a whole. (btw, the numbers come from the fact that single race blacks make up 2.5 million students enrolled out of 18.4 million total from 2005 u.s. census figures...)

Whites make up ~75% of the population.

Here's the thing...using race as a control is very poor way to make a comparison. Because it assumes that the only difference is race...which may not be the case. Race is only the most easily observable difference. The difference of white and blacks can be controlled further (income, parent education, etc), an one we can do here is by looking at the rate of H.S. dropouts...which blacks have roughly double the percentage that whites have within their respective population (5% to 10%). That means of High school graduates, blacks ARE more likely to attend college than whites.

Is this by itself proof of "reverse discrimination" that gives an unfair advantage to blacks? I wouldn't make the case because there are MANY more factors to look at, and control for, to explain the number differences. But it does suggest that those factors indeed are there, and it MAY be due to an undue influence that affirmative action and programs to help minorities in particular via financial or preferential admissions MIGHT be part of that reason.

Keep in mind, that this is while statistics suggest that this is the case despite the fact that blacks tend to do WORSE on college admissions test (SAT and ACT's) and come in with lower grades on average than do whites (and again, there are factors beyond race that explains the test disparity).

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Hate of what? Hate of blacks - or hate of whites? Hate of history?

hate of race a race by blacks or whites:durr

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 08:02 PM
because of a nation is important , prior to the new named minority month , the accomplishments and significant actions of some minoritys was overlooked in the history books.

i think your racist

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 08:06 PM
i think your racist
is that a serious response , i cant detect sarcasm thru my monitor

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 08:08 PM
is that a serious response , i cant detect sarcasm thru my monitor

well you favor the minority in such a manor that it seems as if you dont like white people..

i think your racist. against whites.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
My dad is white , my wife is white.

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 08:10 PM
My dad is white , my wife is white.

you have demons or daddy issues.

:loser

PureSound15
01-24-2010, 08:11 PM
i think your racist.

You're

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 08:12 PM
And the fact that you call me a racist shows your unable to debate this without getting personal , notice i called no one on here a racist, and yet since you "discovered" i am half black you try to constru that into me being racist.

That_Guy
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
And the fact that you call me a racist shows your unable to debate this without getting personal , notice i called no one on here a racist, and yet since you "discovered" i am half black you try to constru that into me being racist.

im yanking your chain.

houstonsaxton
01-24-2010, 08:14 PM
you have demons or daddy issues.

:loser

demons , I happen to have my life put together quite well.