PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee sucks: reason #742!

Russ Jerome
01-21-2010, 09:09 PM
Editorial bias: its pretty bad when I can laugh about Milw shortcoming, I'm turning into a Milwaukee Lemming following the pack and not wanting to kill city employees after 20+ years!

My garbage pickup was Wen this week, came home today (thurs) to find a $25 ticket because the cans were not removed from curbside by 10pm last night (wen).

Ok so let me get this, a holiday "should" make your pickup 1 (one) day late so the city employees get a well deserved break. But as is the most years in the 20+ I have lived here its is usualy 1 WEEK and 1 day before pickup and more often its 1 WEEK and 2-3 days. This is amplified during Christmas and New years break where the "one day" late thing is amplified by city "holiday ciesta" were the city would apear to be AWOL for a week, we had no pickup for 2+ weeks and when it started again it was off the scheduled day. Phone calls will net you a pissed off guy in an s-10 at best.

So "we will get your trash when we can" but if you dont move your cans by 10pm (when our city employees are watching there pensions grow online) we "have" to pull our cans....its Milwaukee for crap sake its a sinkhole!

Punchline: I had a parking ticket this morning, didnt pay my parking ranson sticker (for the streets I pay tax's) this month because the machines were down at all the police station, im not kidding you can read about it on tmj4 they didnt work! Ha Im F-ed I live in Milwaukee...woohooo!!! :) :) :)

eyeball
01-21-2010, 10:28 PM
I thought the winter time was a free-for-all as far as pick-up days go. That's why you don't have to drag it to the curb in the winter. The garbage collectors have the duties of plowing, so they don't keep a regular schedule.

Still sucks that you got a ticket. Someone in the hood must have complained. Maybe you should move...

Russ Jerome
01-21-2010, 11:19 PM
Maybe you should move...

Im still waiting on thats West Allis house to close...oh wait Stallis doesnt even give me cans! At least Stallis has lower tax's..oh wait they are higher! Word on the street is Im gonna have to buy special recycling bags in Stallis.If I get the Stallis villa I have to deliver the recyclables myself, luckily its right around the corner :)

Im gonna move to Milwaukees southside, better company down there!

Car Guy
01-21-2010, 11:25 PM
Word on the street is Im gonna have to buy special recycling bags in Stallis.

Yes sir, and if recyclables are placed in the 'regular' trash (I hope you're ready for this) they fine you.....:rolf

lordairgtar
01-22-2010, 12:24 AM
Ha! Muskego thinks they own your aluminum cans. I prefer to hold on to them and take to the recyclers myself and get monies.

BR3W CITY
01-22-2010, 07:24 AM
hmm. I live in the 'burbs; we don't drag ours out (unless you put them in your garage or something), pickup is pretty much every wedensday (sans holidays) and they put the cans back...no fines.

SSDude
01-22-2010, 08:03 AM
West Allis recycleing, pretty easy really and the bags are cheap. I might put one to two bags out a month. I would recommend using a black bag fro your regular trash. If they can see something they suspect shouldn't be in the regular trash they can tag it and leave it. I've never heard of any neighbors ever being fined.
http://www.ci.west-allis.wi.us/public_works/pw_collection_guidelines.htm

jbiscuit
01-22-2010, 08:09 AM
don't worry about the bags Russ...Pic N Save has them cheap. We haven't gone through 2 boxes of the bags in the 4 years we have been in Stallis. I think you can get a garbage can cart from the city also? I know they just had a ton of them they sold off for cheap. They are pretty strict about what you throw out and will not take large boards, etc.

TheRX7Project
01-22-2010, 08:10 AM
Or be smart and find a dumpster to toss your trash into. Fuck recycling.

pOrk
01-22-2010, 08:50 AM
don't worry about the bags Russ...Pic N Save has them cheap. We haven't gone through 2 boxes of the bags in the 4 years we have been in Stallis. I think you can get a garbage can cart from the city also? I know they just had a ton of them they sold off for cheap. They are pretty strict about what you throw out and will not take large boards, etc.

You must not drink alot of milk. When I lived at home in Stallis we drank 7-8 gallons of milk between my brother and parents, that filled those blue bags up with a quickness!

90% of the citys collected recyclables go to the dump with the garbage anyways, get black trash bags and dont worry about it.

-stew-
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
Punchline:[/B] I had a parking ticket this morning, didnt pay my parking ranson sticker (for the streets I pay tax's) this month because the machines were down at all the police station, im not kidding you can read about it on tmj4 they didnt work! Ha Im F-ed I live in Milwaukee...woohooo!!! :) :) :)

Parking permits are available online, at the service centers where you can go pay tickets, as well as the po-lease station. And I believe they started selling '10 annual and 1st quarter '10 permits December 20th, 2009. I ordered mine online and received it in a timely manner.

I think it's funny that you are bitching that you got a ticket for leaving your garbage cart at the end of your driveway, and got a ticket for not following night parking regulations. So, you parked on the street when you have a driveway. And after parking on the street you walked to your house; down your driveway, past your garbage cart at the curb. Irony Russ, fucking irony.

:thumbsup

LIL EVO
01-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Well at least Milwaukee has their parking ticket associates fully staffed. I had a guy here at work cut a steel cable and steal a $750 laptop from its display and walk out.

I waited 3 hours to get a call BACK from Milwaukee PD (they don't respond in person anymore unless the person is still being held) Never got a real follow up call so I finally got in touch with someone about a half hour ago.

GTO RLY?
01-22-2010, 11:35 AM
Whenever Waste Management has phailed to retrieve my trash, I run down to Omega hills and dump it on their corporate doorstep, so some suit has to step over it in the morning.

Waver
01-22-2010, 11:50 AM
Well as far as the parking ticket thing goes, that is horse shit. When I worked down town, I had one of those parking pricks block my drivers door to my car, wait for the meeter to be expired (as I was sticking something into the trunk of the car) and proceed to put the ticket on my window. He blocked me entry to my vehicle before the ticket was placed on it....What kind of crap was that? I had witnesses to this, so I was able to fight it, but it was the fact that that even happened that pissed me off.

Al
01-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Fuck recycling.

He is watching you!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/e2/Captain_Planet.jpg

Russ Jerome
01-22-2010, 03:25 PM
I think it's funny that you are bitching that you got a ticket for leaving your garbage cart at the end of your driveway, and got a ticket for not following night parking regulations. So, you parked on the street when you have a driveway. And after parking on the street you walked to your house; down your driveway, past your garbage cart at the curb. Irony Russ, fucking irony.

:thumbsup

I get it but I was walking "past" the cans to my illegaly parked car that morning, would have had to walk back nearly 20 steps!

Im a Milwaukee hood rat, my driveway is so full I cant park any more wrecks!!!!

SSDude
01-22-2010, 03:43 PM
Im a Milwaukee hood rat, my driveway is so full I cant park any more wrecks!!!!

Stallis will like that lol