PDA

View Full Version : At&t reps

Nix
01-21-2010, 06:39 PM
I know there are multiple threads on here about it but I wanted to put up a fresh one incase someone may be working there now that wasn't in the past.

Long story short, as some may know, my wife and I have Sprint. Well we may not for long, they are doing what was told to me by multiple members and are basically forcing us out of our current contract.

they are saying the phones that we are intrested aren't compatable on the current plan that we have. Bullshit, this plan is everything and covers unlimited data blah blah blah etc...

So they are jacking us around and I don't even want to deal with them right now.

I was looking at At&t but their plans seems a bit steep and if you get an Iphone you need to pay the extra $30 per line for the data? Also a $62 activation fee? Then for unlimited family text its $30 more or if you go with Iphone messenging its an extra $20 per phone?

Does anyone work there that would be willing to work on this a bit? I don't know exactly how all this works and I thought maybe someone could help us out. Espically now with twins on the way monies will be getting tight for sure.

Thanks,

Nick S.

Goat Roper
01-21-2010, 06:53 PM
I pay around $100 a month for my iPhone and yes, the unlimited data might seem steep at $30 but the 3G speeds around here are good and it is basically like having a pocket computer. You find yourself not even using your home pcs anymore.

The $62 dollar activation I haven't heard of though. I got mine through Best Buy and had no activation charge.

I have the unlimited messaging on my phone for $20 but am not on a family plan. I know 1500 is $15 and 200 is $5 if you can get by with that but I will admit I do not know how it works with family plans.

SSDude
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I can highly recommend dealing with the owner of the AT&T store on Hwy100 & Lincoln 546-3840 Tedd Lookatch. He has helped me out many times in keeping my plan affordable. Seeing I have an old plan that's no longer available, AT&T regularaly looks to move people out of the old plans so they can get more money out of them. Give him a try, speak with him as he isn't on commission like the AT&T monkeys that work for him. 546-3840

Nix
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Scott, we will surley be going with a family plan. From what I gather it would be a few dollar difference but every dollar counts.

SSdude, I really appreciate the lead and it will surley be considered if I don't find anyone on here, I would feel kinda weird going and hunting down the owner over there and telling him a fellow member on a car enthusit website recommended him :rolf But hey if it ends up saving us some coin and giving him more business then hell yeah.

domokun
01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
I can highly recommend dealing with the owner of the AT&T store on Hwy100 & Lincoln 546-3840 Tedd Lookatch. He has helped me out many times in keeping my plan affordable. Seeing I have an old plan that's no longer available, AT&T regularaly looks to move people out of the old plans so they can get more money out of them. Give him a try, speak with him as he isn't on commission like the AT&T monkeys that work for him. 546-3840

must be a 3rd party store that carries AT&T, cause there is no privately owned AT&T anything :shades

hrsp
01-21-2010, 10:53 PM
Twins? Congrats!!!...ok back to phone talk....

pOrk
01-21-2010, 11:56 PM
100 bucks a month for a single phone? I pay 85 a month for 2 blackberries on sprint w/ unlimited everything. Even w/o a dicsount its 129.99 for both. At&( is really that much more expensive?

88Nightmare
01-21-2010, 11:58 PM
I paid $100 a month on verizon for unlimited data and texting. my plan on at&t with my iphone is about the same... actually a touch cheaper. and I had no activation fee on my iphone

pOrk
01-22-2010, 06:51 AM
You could probably get around the activation fee if you bitched enough.