PDA

View Full Version : Wtf vzw??? Why

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 03:59 PM
First let me say I love Verizon Wireless and would go back in a second if I could so this is not a bitter employee ranting on but DAMN!!!

I went to my old store today and had to change my plan around. I have only been gone 60 days but this new unlimited plan was in the window. Thought "Hey, finally" but then when talking with the guys its more damage control. They needed something to create positive buzz now

Found out the VZW has decided that ANY phone that has a web browser built in HAS to have the $9.99 data plan or higher. Keep in mind there are only 3 phones out of 28 in the lineup that dont have a browser on it that needs this said plan. So if you want a vzw phone you are fucking stuck!!

Whatever, okay fine. I am not paying that. Well, cant have the phone. Okay fine. Put me on the old connect plan or the premium plans cause I got more for less money. Wait....... those are gone now.

Soooooooo for a new customer to see the tv ads all day long about "americas largest most reliable network" and maybe want some of your cool phones and add a family plan they cant do it without paying extra for each phone to have data. I mean hell all the phones that are soo cool in yoru add require this damned plan. You had me with BB devices cause there was a issue or windows phones or droid but

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING????? I can see ATT being #1 in the country real damned soon at that rate.

So why did I get agravated really? I have this damned data phone that got me fired in the first place. I had an old vcast plan that was on before that phone and went in today to take vcast off. Well, I cant. If I do then I HAVE to get the damned $9.99 plan because of what phone I own. GEEEEEZ

Just a heads up for anyone researching a possible move

Z28Envy
01-20-2010, 04:13 PM
More and more I have been thinking about going some where else. I am SO sick of my phone not getting and good enough signal on verizon's towers where I work. The signal is good enough to keep my phone on a verizon tower but not good enough to talk or get text messages. If there was a way to force the phone onto extended it wouldn't be a problem for me. I need my phone more at work than when I am off so it's a big pain in the ass. Probably going to US Cellular. They have to best signal up here.

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 04:21 PM
you can force it to stay on extended but the data will stop. I can reach out to a buddy and see what you series of buttons you have to push. They do that a TON up north. Let me know

Karps TA
01-20-2010, 04:50 PM
That's not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm already a little annoyed that I can't upgrade my phone a month early even if I pay my bill in advance. I don't get that. My battery sux and drains within a day, I'm doing some travel for work in a couple weeks and would just like to buy a new phone.

I don't understand why that is so impossible.

badass88gt
01-20-2010, 05:36 PM
Good to read, I am torn between AT&T (which I havent heard any complaints with coverage up here) and Verizon. My contract with Cellcom expired a couple weeks ago and have been looking for a Family plan with the wife and daughter, they are on AT&T. I wanted Verizon for the Droid but its not available here, only online. Might have to look harder at AT&T, package prices seem to be the same.

Holeshot
01-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Had no idea you left verizon. Question. So now because I have a Voyager I am automatically on a 9.99 data plan? This will show on my bill how?

michelle
01-20-2010, 06:49 PM
Had no idea you left verizon. Question. So now because I have a Voyager I am automatically on a 9.99 data plan? This will show on my bill how?

x2. I have a Voyager as well.

xxsn0blindxx
01-20-2010, 06:52 PM
I just went through the cell phone carrier debate last weekend since our T-Mobile contract was running out. We weren't looking around because of any problem with T-Mobile in fact their service has been really good, but we wanted to see what the other carriers had to offer. This time around we wanted to do smart phones with a data plan. I figure if you're going ot sign a contract, you better get a phone and plan you will like for the next 2 years. Here's what we found.

Verizon
Good: They had a great selection of phones at all different price points. Known for having the best network
Bad: Their plans were kind of deceptive. You would think that the connect plans would be what you need for a smart phone since they say they have data. The truth is there are only a couple phones that you can use with that plan and you won't get 3G speed. If you want a good smart phone and 3G speed you have to pay an additional monthly fee.

Sprint
Good: They have the best priced family plans with data.
Bad: Poor selection of phones and a questionable network.

T-Mobile
Good:: We've had excellent service with them for the past 2 years. Decent selection of phones.
Bad: Their family plan with data is a little bit more than Sprint, but about the same as Verizon.

We didn't consider AT&T because we had poor service with them in the past. US Cellular was also out because we didn't want to pay extra for a national plan.

In the end we stuck with T-Mobile since we knew they had good coverage and their plans, while not the cheapest, were somewhere in the middle. We each got the Motorola Cliq with Android and so far we both absolutely love them. I've never heard much about whether T-Mobile is supposed to have a highly ranked network or not, but our experience has been that we have coverage 99.9% of the time and when we don't it's somewhere that we don't often go.

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 06:59 PM
you wont get charged for using your voyager as it wasnt in the launch list of phones BUT they might try it if you wanted to change your minute plan in some way? Dunno. No promises there

Slow Joe
01-20-2010, 07:40 PM
IMO Sprint is great. I've had it for years, so has my family... I'm not sure why you don't like the phone selection... It's similar to all the other carriers... IMO Some are better than offered by other carriers... HTC, Palm Pre, Blackberries, Google Based Phones, they have all of those...

BoosTT
01-20-2010, 10:09 PM
In defence... having a data plan is awesome. I use mine everyday.

97z2801ss
01-20-2010, 11:09 PM
I had us cellular before, they had great coverage here but anywhere else it didnt work so unless u stay here I didnt like it thier CS was good aswell, it depended on who you got I had a old lady once that helped me out and was patient with my question and I had some jerk younger dude that didjt give 2 shits ab me or anyone in the store.
I switched to AT&T because i fell inlove with the Iphone. But I looked at VZW before to see what they offered as stated great selection of phones but crappy plans or misleading plans.
ATT was like 6 bucks amonth more but i got the phone I wanted and its worked well everywhere except my basement Including the Top of the MURR woods state park in california while my buddy who lived thier didnt have reception half the time and the bud I went with had no service at all anywhere.

hrsp
01-21-2010, 01:17 AM
That's not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm already a little annoyed that I can't upgrade my phone a month early even if I pay my bill in advance. I don't get that. My battery sux and drains within a day, I'm doing some travel for work in a couple weeks and would just like to buy a new phone.

I don't understand why that is so impossible.

That would piss me the fuck off.....:chair:

MoCkiN U
01-21-2010, 04:49 AM
In defence... having a data plan is awesome. I use mine everyday.

If I bought a droid, windows phone, blackberry or somethign then sure. I'll buy it but I dont want a $10 plan just cause my wife wants a touch screen phone ....Ya know??

P.S. as for upgrades. You can upgrade any primary line at the 1 year point or wait till your 20 month upgrade which is 4 months prior to contract expiration.

There are always people who are 1 week, 1 day, before their upgrade date and as stupid as it seems they are already giving it to you 4 months early so we have to wait or use your primary line upgrade and do it early but give up the NE2 credit of $50 or $100 but people dont want that. They want the $100 AND the upgrade earlier LOL

Holeshot
01-21-2010, 06:09 AM
My second line is due for upgrade. Its the wifes phone so I just think a reg flip will be her new phone.

BAD LS1
01-21-2010, 06:52 AM
We just switched to AT&T from VZW mainly due to the fact they could not get the wifes blackberry curve programed right in their system so it would have full use of functions like simple pic messaging etc... 4 curves later and less than helpful service and an astronomical bill for just one smart phone on the plan and me having a bare bones basic one.

We both got new iphones with the 700 min and data and unlimited texts minus 8% discount through b&s employment and were paying less a month than the VZW setup for 2 ballin' phones that i dont know how i ever lived without.

They are going to kill off a good population of their customers with the high cost of operation month to month. And they really dont offer anything better over their competitors to even make it worth dealing with the shit.

xxsn0blindxx
01-21-2010, 07:32 AM
IMO Sprint is great. I've had it for years, so has my family... I'm not sure why you don't like the phone selection... It's similar to all the other carriers... IMO Some are better than offered by other carriers... HTC, Palm Pre, Blackberries, Google Based Phones, they have all of those...

I should have qualified that we were looking for full screen smart phones. In this category their selection of phones was the worst. The fact that my sister in law doesn't get good reception in our house with Sprint was also a big detractor.

Karps TA
01-21-2010, 07:49 AM
There are always people who are 1 week, 1 day, before their upgrade date and as stupid as it seems they are already giving it to you 4 months early so we have to wait or use your primary line upgrade and do it early but give up the NE2 credit of $50 or $100 but people dont want that. They want the $100 AND the upgrade earlier LOL

But if I'm willing to pay my bill earlier what difference does the time frame make? That's the part that is annoying. I'm sticking with the service. By paying the bill early, I'm continuing my commitment.

MoCkiN U
01-21-2010, 09:03 AM
I meet all my sales goals and exceed every member on my team by going above and beyond. They dont pay me early. My ass has to wait. LOL

Now my ass dont get paid period so dont know if my point sticks that well LMAO!!

Karps TA
01-21-2010, 09:19 AM
Verizon will allow me to upgrade my plan at any point in time. They don't have a problem if I upgrade early to a smart phone. Then all of a sudden the rules aren't set in stone.

I'm not asking for anything for free. I'm willing to pay a fee to upgrade. But I'm not paying $300 more for a phone just to have it 1 day or 30 days earlier.

I'm in sales myself. I can't see that policy making any bit of difference other then it's typical of the service industry. Do anything you can to get new customers, don't give a shit about them once they sign on. If they are losing money on phones when people upgrade, then they are losing money whether it's 6 months or 6 days before the date.

Moparjim
01-21-2010, 12:28 PM
First let me say I love Verizon Wireless and would go back in a second if I could so this is not a bitter employee ranting on but DAMN!!!

I went to my old store today and had to change my plan around. I have only been gone 60 days but this new unlimited plan was in the window. Thought "Hey, finally" but then when talking with the guys its more damage control. They needed something to create positive buzz now

Found out the VZW has decided that ANY phone that has a web browser built in HAS to have the $9.99 data plan or higher. Keep in mind there are only 3 phones out of 28 in the lineup that dont have a browser on it that needs this said plan. So if you want a vzw phone you are fucking stuck!!

Whatever, okay fine. I am not paying that. Well, cant have the phone. Okay fine. Put me on the old connect plan or the premium plans cause I got more for less money. Wait....... those are gone now.

Soooooooo for a new customer to see the tv ads all day long about "americas largest most reliable network" and maybe want some of your cool phones and add a family plan they cant do it without paying extra for each phone to have data. I mean hell all the phones that are soo cool in yoru add require this damned plan. You had me with BB devices cause there was a issue or windows phones or droid but

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU THINKING????? I can see ATT being #1 in the country real damned soon at that rate.

So why did I get agravated really? I have this damned data phone that got me fired in the first place. I had an old vcast plan that was on before that phone and went in today to take vcast off. Well, I cant. If I do then I HAVE to get the damned $9.99 plan because of what phone I own. GEEEEEZ

Just a heads up for anyone researching a possible move

This is not true someons lying to you. I gave my daughter my q when I got my droid and they did that shit at first. They defaulted it to a pay as you go data plan even though I asked for no data. I then had them block data and refund what they had charged so I know they can do it since they did it for me. Been fine since.

MoCkiN U
01-21-2010, 01:43 PM
A moto Q would be no different than a voyager as its a older phone. I am talking about anything new going forward. Try to go to your favorite store and buy a samsung rogue, envy touch, or anything of the like that doesnt use data like a droid or a blackberry and try to avoid that same data plan. FOr us who want the droid and in march I'll get my upgrade but I cant give the wifey my rogue cause of the damned data which is why I'm stuck with vcast.

As for someone lying to me?

No, cause my guys let me work in the computer at my old store on my own trying to work around the point of sale system to make it work with all nationwide access blocks in place. It doesnt work. SUCKS!!! SOOOOOO DUMB VZW!!

Also my understanding this all started 1st week of January so we will all start to see it more

Exitspeed
01-21-2010, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to pick up a Droid. I <3 Verizon.

Holeshot
01-21-2010, 01:52 PM
Can't wait to pick up a Droid. I <3 Verizon.

Same here. I am wondering since the wifey is ready for a new phone if I can transfer my voyager to her number and get my Droid.

MoCkiN U
01-21-2010, 02:10 PM
Same here. I am wondering since the wifey is ready for a new phone if I can transfer my voyager to her number and get my Droid.

Yes you can. Called an alternate upgrade.

Moparjim
01-21-2010, 02:38 PM
Maybe its because I did in december then. Regardless I also love verizon and the droid. Its the only network that gets reliable reception for me all over the state and nation.

MoCkiN U
01-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Maybe its because I did in december then. Regardless I also love verizon and the droid. Its the only network that gets reliable reception for me all over the state and nation.

you would probably see the same thing today. The difference is you arent setting up a new line of service with a new style phone. When you do that then you will see what I am talking about

Firefighter Z
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
I just changed my plan to family share connect $119.99 for Unlimited Texting and Pic, Data and Mobile E-mail. But with my discount I'm paying $101.99.

They changed all their plans. I couldn't get the plan I have now (tried changing on the internet), so I called them up stating that I had this plan before but wasn't supposed to kick in till a later date (talked with a VW customer service). Then I called up again and had them cancel it.
Realizing when I tried changing the plan and couldn't get the 119.99 I called them again, stated what I did before and they had it on record. So I asked nicley if I can still get the 119.99 plan even though they have new plans that are shittier.

They said yes they will be able to give me the 119.99 plan.
BTW this was the same day that they changed all of their plans.