PDA

View Full Version : Lesnar is back this summer!

T-Bag
01-20-2010, 10:37 AM
Said he lost 40 lbs in the hospital and was told part of his colon might have had to be removed but his stomach healed completely dumfounding doctors.

Woot!

Car Guy
01-20-2010, 11:32 AM
:headbang

Interview video HERE ---> http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4842056

T-Bag
01-20-2010, 12:38 PM
So they should really axe the fake title stipulation in the mir vs carwin match.

Lesnar vs MIr III here we come!

Car Guy
01-20-2010, 01:48 PM
So they should really axe the fake title stipulation in the mir vs carwin match.

Lesnar vs MIr III here we come!

Whether the fight has the interim belt designation or not won't make a difference. Either way the belt will be on the line when the winner meets Lesnar in late summer. I want to see Carwin/Lesnar more than anything, Mir will get destroyed for a third time guaranteed.....:durr

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 02:06 PM
after watching the video I have a wierd feeling that the whole thing might have been faked or rigged. Anyone else think that?

Car Guy
01-20-2010, 02:12 PM
after watching the video I have a wierd feeling that the whole thing might have been faked or rigged. Anyone else think that?

No, why do you feel that way...???

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 02:26 PM
they kept emphasizing miracle a little too much and then there was this silent time where no media coverage, no pictures showing said weight loss, no documentation or such of him actually being in hospital. Just "hey im not here and I wont say why" and then "oh WOW!! Im back and its a miracle"

Its just not what we are accustomed to in sports today? Dunno

Car Guy
01-20-2010, 02:50 PM
they kept emphasizing miracle a little too much and then there was this silent time where no media coverage, no pictures showing said weight loss, no documentation or such of him actually being in hospital. Just "hey im not here and I wont say why" and then "oh WOW!! Im back and its a miracle"

Its just not what we are accustomed to in sports today? Dunno

I definitely see your point of view and feel there are two reasons for the lack of media coverage. Lesnar, contrary to society's opinion is a very private down to earth person. That along with not knowing the outcome of his illness explains why he hasn't spoken publicly about the entire situation until now. I'm sure it could be a 'conspiracy' of some sort but I can't see the reason(s) behind it. Lesnar is UFC's biggest attraction and without him it equals millions of dollars lost.....

The only aspect I could see being 'falsified' is why this illness came about, which I’m sure will be talked about for a very long time.....

MoCkiN U
01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Either way I gotta admit Im glad he is back and going to be smashin faces again.

T-Bag
01-20-2010, 03:59 PM
Whatever happened, this is great news of the UFC, people are starting to get healthy again and we're going to have a pretty good spring/summer of fighting.

94greenbandit
01-20-2010, 05:13 PM
Lesnar back for some face smashing :banana1:

Yooformula
01-20-2010, 07:04 PM
I hope that he didnt lose too strength, with him losing 40lbs and not being in training. Thats alot of weight to lose and he doesnt carry much fat to begin with.

Car Guy
01-20-2010, 07:15 PM
I hope that he didnt lose too strength, with him losing 40lbs and not being in training. Thats alot of weight to lose and he doesnt carry much fat to begin with.

He already put on 30 of the 40 pounds he lost, and there is more fat on him than you think.....

Yooformula
01-20-2010, 07:22 PM
I bet his body fat % isnt very high considering his height and weight. He may have some thick meat on him and some extra skin in areas but he really doesnt appear fat as in rolls. For heavy powerlifters, that extra weight is a big source of energy. I easily lose a ton of strength when I drop in weight and it shows all across the board in my reps/weights. For someone like him and his size, that could easily mean endurance and explosive power. But who knows, maybe the less weight might keep him from getting gassed so quickly.

Lash
01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
You can never tell how long it will take for somebody to come back from something like that. Just look at Mir. It's been 6 years since his accident.

Yooformula
01-20-2010, 08:44 PM
/\Exactly!

94greenbandit
01-21-2010, 05:16 PM
He said in the interview he already put 30lbs back on. We will see come gametime