PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Shelby GT350 first look!

Greg@GLD
01-18-2010, 09:42 PM
http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/gt350-3.jpg

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/gt350-5.jpg

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/gt350-4.jpg

http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/gt350-2.jpg

Greg@GLD
01-18-2010, 09:50 PM
http://www.midwestmustangassociation.com/gallery/files/1/gt350-7.jpg

GTSLOW
01-18-2010, 09:54 PM
That is a hot fuckin ride!!! I love the dual center exhaust.

Front and back end seem a little cluttered but other than that :thumbsup

michelle
01-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Original version still wins in my book!

But obviously I wouldn't say no to a 2011.

jbiscuit
01-18-2010, 10:05 PM
the car is hot but the wheels look out of place to me?? Love it otherwise

Greg@GLD
01-18-2010, 10:06 PM
the car is hot but the wheels look out of place to me?? Love it otherwise

Wheels can be changed. I hated the stock wheels that came on my GT500. That's easy to fix. :headbang

BOSS LX
01-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Hate to say it, but I am not a huge fan of it. It looks a little bulky to me? I like the engine though.
I take it that this has nothing to do with Ford?

Greg@GLD
01-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Hate to say it, but I am not a huge fan of it. It looks a little bulky to me? I like the engine though.

Actually... at the reveal, Mr. Shelby thanked Ford directly, called them the "greatest automobile manufacturer in US history" and said he was proud to be "associated with the Ford Motor Company"

As for the styling, they should have done it with the 05-09 body... :headbang

Whipplecharged 5.0 makes me warm and fuzzy...

GTSLOW
01-18-2010, 10:40 PM

The body kit looks a little husky.

BOSS LX
01-18-2010, 10:41 PM
As for the styling, they should have done it with the 05-09 body... :headbang

I like the 05-09 style myself, but they managed to make the GT500 in the new style look badass.

So these cars will be on Ford lots, much like a Roush or a Saleen?

Russ Jerome
01-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Best looking non-60's Shelby Mustang ever I think, looks awesome!

at the reveal, Mr. Shelby thanked Ford directly, called them the "greatest automobile manufacturer in US history" and said he was proud to be "associated with the Ford Motor Company"

As far as Caroll goes he is a whore*, whoever is paying him that year is who he loves.
http://www.front-runners.net/files/magarticles/pics/hr1.jpg
*in the nicest way, dude did it his own way and beat Ferrari at his own game.

BOSS LX
01-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Best looking non-60's Shelby Mustang ever I think, looks awesome!

As far as Caroll goes he is a whore*, whoever is paying him that year is who he loves.
http://www.front-runners.net/files/magarticles/pics/hr1.jpg
*in the nicest way, dude did it his own way and beat Ferrari at his own game.

Just because he built some ooogly cars for Mopar in the 80's, doesn't make Shelby a whore. He made some of the most legendary cars in history with Ford.

Not sure why he had a few dealings with Mopar, but all I know is he is back where he belongs.

STANMAN
01-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Being a Mopar fan, I have always LOVED the GLHS's. I mean who would think something so ugly could be so fast:rolf

Russ Jerome
01-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Iaccoca worked for Ford for years, Ford was wishy washy with Carrol in the late 60's and when Lee went to Chrysler he called his long time freind Carrol.

Shelby's history with Ford is no love story, its a good read tho. If it was up to Ford all the Shelby's that went to compete against Ferrari would have been junked rather than ship back here to the states. Shelby publicaly beat on Ford for there buisness decisions back then, now all ford does is praise his every move he ever did. I respect the guy greatly, buying a junk english little car and wedging a domestic v-8 in there, brillant (that was never fords idea, they hated the idea at first).

Prince Valiant
01-18-2010, 11:13 PM
When it comes to shelby, Ford needs the help :D

The body kit looks a little husky.

x3.

The front fascia and airdam combined with the bulbous hood scoop takes away the leaner look of the 2010+ mustang...makes what was a rather svelte car and makes it look, well, hefty. Put it this way...if that was my wife, I'd tell her those jeans do make her look fat....just to save her from the public scorn.

Put another way that ford guys should understand...the front end looks like a fatter version of the new challenger.

Surprised to see the whipple-charger on a shelby 350 though....

hrsp
01-18-2010, 11:36 PM
i have one ordered.....maybe?

Greg@GLD
01-18-2010, 11:52 PM
I think he wants two! :goof

I waited until 10:00pm EST for the Barrett-Jackson reveal. As soon as Carroll said, “I work for them” and ” They pretty much do whatever they want..” I knew we were in trouble. They pulled back the cover, and the nightmare began.

Amy Boylan, Shelby’s new president with self admitted “No experience whatsoever in automotive design” unveiled the new GT350.

In contrast to the beautiful, minimalist, razor sharp GT500 which looks as though it was designed by a top graduate of the the Art Center College of Design, it looks like the GT350 was designed by a 75 IQ Nascar lovin’ freedom hater hatin’ never left his home town of ..well you get the point. Lets go from back to front. Mabye I can sleep if I get this out:

-The wind spliter looks about the same quality plastic as the coleco pedal cars I had as a child.
-The upper and lower grill openings in no way relate to one another. (Mabye one person designed the top one, and someone else designed the bottom one, and they “suprised” each other at the reveal?
-Why would they not make the angle of the side of the top grill parallel to the inside of the headlights? This has been a standard shelby styling feature since 1968!
-It says GT350 on the grill,on the hood twice, and on the sides …WE GET IT!!
-The side skirt lines in NO way relate to the body lines of the car and look like a Quebec tuner added them
-Hey, the 1965 GT350 didnt have rear quarter windows, so, we should white out the rear quarter windows on the 2010..ARE YOU SERIOUS??? Imagine the laughs you are getting from any stylist working for Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc!!
-The wheels are by Cragar..this makes sense. Wait! lets choose cragars that look like something from pimp my ride..what would be appropraite for a muscle car?..possibly CHROME PLATED ALUMINUM????
-We’ll run the stripes over the front bumper, but not the back bumper…
-I really liked the 1996 Callaway corvette..mabye we should copy the exhaust treatment.
-Umm, where do we put the shelby logo on the back of the car?..We already have “Shelby” written 38 times on the car..are you sure we need it?..of course! there is some place between the licence plate and the black out panel..no need to BOTHER CENTERING IT!!
-Are those huge back up sensors in the middle of the back bumper? No, they are BACK UP LENSES FRO A 1968..WHY!!!!..NO STYLIST DO THIS!!!!

FORD, SHELBY, WAKE UP!!! Just like the way BMW offers the M “Package” and Audi has the S “line”, fpr people who want the look but not the cost of the M5 or S6, people wanted a GT350 that looks EXACTLY like the GT500, with the 5.0 coyote boosted to mabye 450hp at a price point half way between the GT and the GT500!!!

I feel like I am taking crazy pills!!!!

Michael Beach

-stew-
01-19-2010, 12:50 AM
notthisshitagain.jpg

Why are the rear tires so fucking narrow? What are those, 205's??

MoCkiN U
01-19-2010, 04:12 AM
I LOVE THAT CAR!! LOL

Guess Im a sheep. baaaahhh baaahhh

flyin_blue_egg
01-19-2010, 05:51 AM
to me its one of the best looking mustangs in awhile...like others have said i don't like the back end, or atleast where the exhaust is located. I've never liked how dual exhaust in the middle of the bumper looks (not on vettes either)

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
01-19-2010, 06:26 AM
The front of the car looks like a Hannibal Lecter mask.

xxsn0blindxx
01-19-2010, 07:44 AM
I love the 2010 body style and I loved the last gen. GT500, but this just looks awful. The body kit looks like a cheezy aftermarket kit, not OEM and the wheels don't look like they were designed for this car. Purely on a basis of style I prefer a regular GT.

TraceDaddy
01-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Why can't they do something about that back end. I just can't get happy with the shape or tailights. The rest I love.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-19-2010, 08:26 AM
i don;t mind it. i never like the centered exhaust on the mustang, and i really don't like it on this thing.

Waver
01-19-2010, 08:54 AM
It is not a bad car. It does have some styling cues of the Shelby Series 1, which I wasnt too fond of. This is a car that one will have to see in person. Take off the extra badging (4 should be enough) and minimise some of the groundeffects and you have a nice car.

I have to agree with Bob, the glhs was a blast to drive, ugly as hell, but it was nice to whoop up on 350 powered camaros and 302 mustangs with it.

Karps TA
01-19-2010, 09:59 AM
For whatever reason it has a real Cobra II vibe to it. Or atleast that's the first thought I had seeing the pics.

xxtremeteam
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
For whatever reason it has a real Cobra II vibe to it. Or atleast that's the first thought I had seeing the pics.

I kinda see it
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o64/xxtremeteam/1977-Mustang-Cobra-II.jpg

-stew-
01-19-2010, 10:46 AM

That's an insult to Cobra II's. Cobra II was a hot looking car, it's a shame they were what they were: junk.

Josepy
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I like the 05-09 style myself, but they managed to make the GT500 in the new style look badass.

So these cars will be on Ford lots, much like a Roush or a Saleen?

I too think the 05-09's look way better. It looks scrunched up to me.

0TransAm0
01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
id rock one.. looks nice.. how much? what the specs as far as HP rating and such?

xxtremeteam
01-19-2010, 10:53 AM
i hear 550ish hp in the stock form or stock shelby tune

GTO RLY?
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
I'd like to see where the big three intend on going with these names/body styles when the trendy retro thing becomes widely accepted as kitsch? Seriously, what is the next step for the Mustang? Retro Foxbody (actually, that would be kinda cool)?

Karps TA
01-19-2010, 02:03 PM
It's cool but it's no Special Edition Synergy Camaro.

BAD LS1
01-19-2010, 02:22 PM
It's cool but it's no Special Edition Synergy Camaro.

You hate the car but you sign up for the emailings?:goof

Karps TA
01-19-2010, 02:38 PM
I signed up before the car came out. But now I'm hooked on the inside information about the exciting new models coming out. A Camaro painted green. Cutting edge stuff there. Took everything I had not to take a half day and run to the dealership to get one. lol

william schlosser
01-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I think the 05-09 mustangs are the best looking since 1968.

-stew-
01-19-2010, 02:53 PM
I signed up before the car came out. But now I'm hooked on the inside information about the exciting new models coming out. A Camaro painted green. Cutting edge stuff there. Took everything I had not to take a half day and run to the dealership to get one. lol

Sounds like they hired some of Harley's engineering people. Opps! I mean marketing people No wait, those are the same three guys...

buttersgt350
01-22-2010, 08:42 PM
i dont know if i like it. it looks like it was stung by a bee and swelled up.

Yooformula
01-22-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it looks tough and badass! I would rock the shit out it if I could afford it!