PDA

View Full Version : hids

Anakonda69
01-18-2010, 12:11 PM
got mine this weekend. what a great purchase. i got 5000k apex from ddm. great lights. had to hardwire the fogs in because they didn't come with plugs but easy to install and work great. had to reaim the fogs as i kept getting brights flashed at me. lol i will post pics soon. downside is i got lows and fogs. now my stock brights are worthless. i will get some brights this summer. lol

WhatsADSM
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
So part of the reason you get flashed is because you put them in the stock housing.

I know everyone doesn't want to hear this but truthfully the right way to put an HID bulb into a car that doesn't have HIDs is to retrofit a real HID projector housing and use the HIDs with that. Otherwise HIDs in a the stock halogen reflector, or halogen projector housing scatters the light beam which dissipates the total light output and also tends to blind other drivers a bit.

But yea as a cheap upgrade they will definately help. Keep us posted on the kit. I am curious to see how they hold up long term... as I may consider doing them myself for the 240.

What do you think of the color of the 5ks?

Anakonda69
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
they are just a slight tint of blue. look nice. i had my fogs cranked up though because the stock setting was shit with the stock bulbs. i just cranked them down. alot of people with the 03+ silverado fogs move them up due to them being useless at factory aim.

UnderPSI
01-18-2010, 03:50 PM
I got some almost three years ago from Junky Georgio on here. Still work great. 6k