PDA

View Full Version : Scammer?

SSDude
01-17-2010, 09:41 AM
So i get this suspicious email for some restoration parts I'm selling on Chevelles.com. Using paypal.
Does this guy sound right? Zip code is long Island (big Chevelle restoration area). Googled the name and it comes up turkish.
I'm thinking I should ignore this one

Broken engrish...

Hello,

I would like to buy 2 pcs washer monitor you made.
I am gonna pay them by paypal. Is this your paypal address? Also please let me know how much I would pay include shipment. (My zip code is 11101, NY)
Also I am looking for the housing of these mınitors do you have any?

Thanks,
Atila

Josepy
01-17-2010, 09:46 AM
If he paypals you the money I don't see a problem.

Memphis
01-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Dont ship them until the money is in your bank account, then you should be fine. Is it a big dollar item?

Turbo-Triumph
01-17-2010, 10:27 AM
if you read only the last sentence, it sounds like your selling minitaurs.

Just e-mail back and forth with the guy a few times and feel the dude out if your nervous. Paypal is awfully hard to screw someone over through, so unless there expensive 1/2 man 1/2 horses, i'd trust him/her.

HITMAN
01-17-2010, 01:26 PM
if you read only the last sentence, it sounds like your selling minitaurs.

Just e-mail back and forth with the guy a few times and feel the dude out if your nervous. Paypal is awfully hard to screw someone over through, so unless there expensive 1/2 man 1/2 horses, i'd trust him/her.

1/2 man, 1/2 horse is a Centaur. A Minotaur is a man with the head of a bull. Ok, back to the topic. :D

Reverend Cooper
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
^ lol

Turbo-Triumph
01-17-2010, 02:34 PM
1/2 man, 1/2 horse is a Centaur. A Minotaur is a man with the head of a bull. Ok, back to the topic. :D

damn i always get my mythical beasts confused. :rolf

SSDude
01-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Dont ship them until the money is in your bank account, then you should be fine. Is it a big dollar item?

Not big money, less than $50. Just seemed like a weird email.
I'm just waiting for him to overpay me and want me to send money back to him. lol

jbiscuit
01-17-2010, 07:19 PM
I agree with Matt on this one. Be overly cautious and slow to ship the items until you are sure the money is in your account.