PDA

View Full Version : ATT U-verse

Lv2xlr8
01-17-2010, 09:19 AM
So I live in a 5 yr old subdivision in Hartford. That has a total of 105 lots. We are 1 subdivision in middle of nothing. that has only 1 way into the subdivision. I have been waiting and waiting to get U-verse. I found out that a street in my subdivision has uverse... Why wouldn't the other 3 streets get it? I am not the only one waiting to have it available. Anyone know someone who knows someone who can find out how much longer I have to wait? :)

Goat Roper
01-17-2010, 10:24 AM
PM Domokun on here, he works there.

Uverse has very strict lines of use. If you are even a foot outside a certain amount of feet from a VRAD, you cannot get it.

DirtyMax
01-17-2010, 11:12 AM
They are now paying Owen Wilson to do their stupid commercials so they can't expand any farther into your hood... sorry, Chadwick.

xxtremeteam
01-17-2010, 12:09 PM
my parents just switched to uverse install guy was there over 8 hours and didnt say a word seems to work good no complaints but they could not get the home phone to switch over and work so they still have multiple bills my dish contract ends soon and me give it a try

Goat Roper
01-17-2010, 12:11 PM
If you have a weak signal in can certainly take 8 hours to do an install since they then need to coordinate with the telephone group. Plus to run any wiring you need.

xxtremeteam
01-17-2010, 12:13 PM
well they left and phone never got changed to uverse but they are still saving money so happy so far, the install guy just kinda freaked my mom out because he didnt talk ever other than when he first introduced himself

Goat Roper
01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
Well they wouldn't have to change your phone over to Uverse but beyond the house any changes that need to be made to get your tv and internet working are handled by the ATT phone group, not Uverse technicians.

Lv2xlr8
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
PM Domokun on here, he works there.

Uverse has very strict lines of use. If you are even a foot outside a certain amount of feet from a VRAD, you cannot get it.

just weird... I was putting in addresses on the uverse site, seems only 3 houses on that street can get it? Why would they do that?

03CVLX
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
I know when we wanted to switch to Uverse. For the longest time it said we couldn't get it. I live on the Milwaukee/Greenfield border and share the zip code but am actually in the city of Milwaukee . When we entered our address using Milwaukee it said Uverse was not available. When we entered our address using Greenfield as the city it was available and we ordered it that day. So I wonder if that happens in alot of other instances with cities/towns that share zip codes.

Slow Joe
01-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Meh, they told me I could get uverse here in Oconomowoc, supposedly the tech showed up, found out they couldn't, "told me" (I never saw, talked to or met anyone from ATT that day), and left... I ended up waiting 6 hours, and not getting anything except for an apology and them saying they'd call me when it's available in my neighborhood, which "should be in a week or so"... That was 6 months ago, I'll keep my Charter Cable...

Lv2xlr8
01-18-2010, 05:38 PM
Charter is expensive for what you get tho. Quality has been fine, just sick of getting bent over on the price.

Slow Joe
01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Realistically it's not that much more than say... Time Warner...

Philly-O
01-19-2010, 12:11 AM
wisconsin abbreviates street names and addresses so call att and have them look up your address a bunch of different ways. i live on west washington street in west allis and my street is abbreviated as west wash street. their online search is useless since it doesnt list a single working address for uverse availability. if you call and stay on the phone and be persistant with the operator, i am pretty sure they will eventually find your address.

Josepy
01-19-2010, 08:28 AM
I wanted Uverse also. AT&T doesn't even service the are. Sucks cause I am sick of charter.

domokun
01-19-2010, 08:42 AM
wisconsin abbreviates street names and addresses so call att and have them look up your address a bunch of different ways. i live on west washington street in west allis and my street is abbreviated as west wash street. their online search is useless since it doesnt list a single working address for uverse availability. if you call and stay on the phone and be persistant with the operator, i am pretty sure they will eventually find your address.

our addressing backs off the USPS database, so you just gotta know THEIR addressing tricks

send me addresses and I can look them up

xxtremeteam
01-19-2010, 08:47 AM
domokun we plan to leave directv in a couple months and uverse may be the route we go any way to request you to do the install?

domokun
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
domokun we plan to leave directv in a couple months and uverse may be the route we go any way to request you to do the install?

Im not a outside prem tech. Im a engineer inside, I make the stuff work

xxtremeteam
01-19-2010, 02:51 PM
ok I have 8 more months with directv before i can switch any ways