PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on LASIK.

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 11:45 AM
Just had my eyes done. Coming from someone who could never wear contacts because I can't stand stuff touching my eye, I have to say there was nothing to it. If you're putting it off, don't! There's no pain, it feels "odd", but yeah, nothing that ever came close to scary, painful, ect. Day later I can see 20/15, and all is wonderful. I went to Hale Vision in Brookfield, they are known to be the best of the best, but also the most $$$. I paid $4290 total, and that was with a refferal discount of $250 an eye. Hey, you only have one set of eyes, may as well go where all the proffesional athletes and people where cost is no object go, that was my take going into it. Glad I did, Lenny Hale was the shizite:thumbsup Any questions, feel free to ask!!

Prince Valiant
01-16-2010, 12:09 PM
Did he use the laser scalpel to make the incision? how did it feel/look if so?

Here's my thing about lasik:

The actual most important thing is the pre-screening eye exam...these days, that's the only thing that can really ruin it for you, since that's the info from which they use to program the lasik device.

The best results come from when they use a computer mapping device to screen/measure your eyes, and then figure the exact correction needed...and then that info is placed in the lasik by a flash drive, so no entering errors can occur.

A laser scalpel may or may not be more comfortable...I had a regular scalpel, and aside from pressure, it was fine. But the rest was done by the latest technology lasik device.

The cheapest prices are usually the very old school stuff...optometrist obtained numbers, entering it manually, and less precision if eye movement occurs during the procedure as the older units lagged a little as the eye moved. Those are the ones you typically see advertising 299-499, to even 999 eye.

Where I went, had the old school scalpel, latest lasik, computer scanned correction, and a lifetime coverage for around 2700 total.

I recently got my third class medical for my pilot's license and my (weaker) left eye was a very good 20/15, and my right a can't-test-any-better 20/10...and that was by an independent doctor not affiliated with any opthamologist/optometrist practice.

the latest tech reduces much of the night vision problems that used to occur with older machines due to the greater precision of the surgery due to eye movement (halo-ing, glare, etc).

Mr Twigbert
01-16-2010, 12:11 PM
I dunno man.. Those glasses you wore helped to hide some of your ugly face..:rolf

I'd see about a refund.. :thumbsup

Fast SVT
01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
I dunno man.. Those glasses you wore helped to hide some of your ugly face..:rolf

lol

I've considered it but was told I have slight dry eye.

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Did he use the laser scalpel to make the incision? how did it feel/look if so?

Here's my thing about lasik:

The actual most important thing is the pre-screening eye exam...these days, that's the only thing that can really ruin it for you, since that's the info from which they use to program the lasik device.

The best results come from when they use a computer mapping device to screen/measure your eyes, and then figure the exact correction needed...and then that info is placed in the lasik by a flash drive, so no entering errors can occur.

A laser scalpel may or may not be more comfortable...I had a regular scalpel, and aside from pressure, it was fine. But the rest was done by the latest technology lasik device.

The cheapest prices are usually the very old school stuff...optometrist obtained numbers, entering it manually, and less precision if eye movement occurs during the procedure as the older units lagged a little as the eye moved. Those are the ones you typically see advertising 299-499, to even 999 eye.

Where I went, had the old school scalpel, latest lasik, computer scanned correction, and a lifetime coverage for around 2700 total.

I recently got my third class medical for my pilot's license and my (weaker) left eye was a very good 20/15, and my right a can't-test-any-better 20/10...and that was by an independent doctor not affiliated with any opthamologist/optometrist practice.

the latest tech reduces much of the night vision problems that used to occur with older machines due to the greater precision of the surgery due to eye movement (halo-ing, glare, etc).

Yeah, laser to make the flap. It was fine I guess, not like I have ever had the other way, lol. Just a weird sensation, look at the light, just like the procedure itself. Mind you, I had it Fri, lol. Had some slight dryness this AM, put some tears in, sensation went away. I can't believe how many drops you have to put in, it's constant between the tears, steroids, and anti-biotic stuff, it's non fing stop!!

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 03:18 PM

And they only gave me 20/20 vision, instead of 20/15 I have now, so they hid some of your ugly face from my vision to. Perhaps you are right:wow

:rolf

Prince Valiant
01-16-2010, 04:04 PM
Yeah, laser to make the flap. It was fine I guess, not like I have ever had the other way, lol. Just a weird sensation, look at the light, just like the procedure itself. Mind you, I had it Fri, lol. Had some slight dryness this AM, put some tears in, sensation went away. I can't believe how many drops you have to put in, it's constant between the tears, steroids, and anti-biotic stuff, it's non fing stop!!
The better you take care of it, the better off your eyes will be and sooner. Took about 3 months for the dry eyes to go away for me...worse at night of course.

I just remember waking up the first night during the night and it was storming...and I could see individual rain drops out of my window across my yard! Being able to read address 3 houses down and across the street from out of a dirty window, lol.

Oh, and it took a while to get used to reading and reading a computer...had to bump up the size of the font for a while to ease up eye strain. Back to normal now....

1320PNY
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
Congrats.

TransAm12sec
01-16-2010, 06:02 PM
If you get lasik so you can see 20/15, does that mean you'll need reading glasses later on in life? Something about changing the shape of your eye?

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Congrats.

R U a dad yet??? haven't heard anything......

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 06:05 PM
If you get lasik so you can see 20/15, does that mean you'll need reading glasses later on in life? Something about changing the shape of your eye?

Everyone will need them, nothing they can do to fix that.

Prince Valiant
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
you'll probably end up needing them earlier in life than otherwise would have.

moels
01-16-2010, 08:00 PM
My ex-wife had Lasik and it didn't work..........she's still a bitch.

STANMAN
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
My ex-wife had Lasik and it didn't work..........she's still a bitch.

Lol.

We sent one of our supervisors up by you...Eric Bergan, does he work near you? If he does, let me know, I have some messages:rolf

moels
01-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Eric is our B-shift supervisor. Met him a few times when I was working on the Oracle implementation while he was training on days. Seems like a nice guy.

Mr Twigbert
01-18-2010, 12:46 PM
And they only gave me 20/20 vision, instead of 20/15 I have now, so they hid some of your ugly face from my vision to. Perhaps you are right:wow

:rolf

I don't care what you say.. LOTS of women, who drink, find me attractive..

Tone had this done years ago.. Driving too she had to wear glasses to read license plates in front of us.. Driving home she could read them w/o glasses.. Crazy how fast it works..

I have never heard her bitch once about getting it done.. Well worth the money IMO..