PDA

View Full Version : Shoping for a new washer/dryer

4eyedstang
01-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I'm looking to buy a new washer and gas dryer.there seems to be so many different styles and models its making my head spin.
so i was wondering what you guys/girls use and how you like it.my budget is around $1800 for the pair and have two kids so large capacity is a must
i like the front load washers but i heard they tend to stink and knot up clothes but the energy efficiency and water usage sound great.

so what do you guys/girls have and how does it work for you?
anything to look out for?

Nix
01-15-2010, 10:31 AM
You are correct, the front load washers do tend to smell like fuck. Also if you get the front load pair you may want to spend the extra cash and buy them both a stand for each with the drawer at the bottom. Depnding on how tall you are or if you have a bad knee like myself they are a bitch to deal with cause they sit very low in my opnion.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-15-2010, 11:58 AM
Good pair of top loaders that will last prit near forever=$1000
Cute pretty pastel colored front loaders from god knows where in Korea ? the washer door gasket will leak in 2 years, small like fuck and you need special soap=$1500

Use common sense, you gonna race these things on the street or throw them in a lawndry room and use em ?

4eyedstang
01-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Good pair of top loaders that will last prit near forever=$1000
Cute pretty pastel colored front loaders from god knows where in Korea ? the washer door gasket will leak in 2 years, small like fuck and you need special soap=$1500

Use common sense, you gonna race these things on the street or throw them in a lawndry room and use em ?

i guess the biggest pros i see with the front loaders are the shortened cycle times. one advertised 13min wash 13 minute dry time and my top loader now takes about 35min for wash and a hour and a half to dry.

is reliability still bad with front loaders and how bad is the smell really?
does it stink up the whole laundry room or make your cloths smell bad?

time=money

WickedSix
01-15-2010, 01:24 PM
MY folks have the front load washer with the super duper crud buster mode (which actually works really well) but depending upon the cycle u choose wash time can be up to an hour. It never has smelled bad (i think thats a function of water quality more than anything) but it has eaten up two motors....and it sounds like a leer jet is taking off when it hits the high rev spin cycle.....

imo front load washer aint worth the hassle...a good top loader will fit a ton of clothes get the job done for a better price

on another note the gas dryer they have is awesome 35 minute with a full load and the clothes are warm and fuzzy

-stew-
01-15-2010, 01:41 PM
Pick out a nice washer. Buy the cheapest dryer you can find, use the balance to buy a clothes line and speed parts.

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea your current dryer must be junk I have a ten year old Kenmore electric super capacity and it dries real fast like and I only use it on low heat.
$1800 on some yeoman azz duty clothes cleaners seems ridiculous to me AND I love nice stuff, I wash all our clothes here and I like to take care of our clothes and keep them clean.

Good luck in your search like you said there are 8 thousand choices out there.
The glass door on the front loader is kinda cool and I would not mind one myself but no way am I wasting that kind of money on a potential problem child when I can buy the tried and true good stuff.
The salesman could probably recommend ya a nice set. :rolf