PDA

View Full Version : Local HID sellers?

rally_scort
01-14-2010, 11:07 PM
I wanna pick up a set of HID's for the ranger, anybody sell em local for somewhat cheap?

Yooformula
01-14-2010, 11:48 PM
Junky aka Tony sells complete kits at decent prices otherwise online places are very cheap but have to wait a few days for shipping.

fly5150
01-15-2010, 07:27 AM
what bulb do you need?

rally_scort
01-15-2010, 07:38 AM
9007.Id like to get a hi/low if possible.Slim or regular ballast is fine, ive got plenty of room to mount em.

Yooformula
01-15-2010, 11:10 AM
did you look at the links provided here recently for ddm tuning?

rally_scort
01-15-2010, 06:13 PM
did you look at the links provided here recently for ddm tuning?

yup, i just preferred local if possible.Ill go with them if i dont come up with anything by the end of the weekend.

murdoc158
01-15-2010, 10:17 PM
Please tell me you changed the housing to a projector with a proper cutoff so you don't go blinding all on-coming traffic.

88Nightmare
01-15-2010, 10:34 PM
I had HID's in my Silverado with a reflector housing... no problem. Same for the TBSS... HID's in the reflector housing... no problems

rally_scort
01-15-2010, 11:58 PM
Please tell me you changed the housing to a projector with a proper cutoff so you don't go blinding all on-coming traffic.

nope, and i dont plan on it :)

Yooformula
01-16-2010, 01:51 AM

I've put em in 3 cars now and havent had any issues with blinding other cars.

theavenger333
01-16-2010, 02:48 AM
as long as they're aimed right they're fine

lilws6
01-16-2010, 09:37 AM
The lights also don't put out as much light in a reflec. housing but to a normal person who cares lol there good enough for me. when i get a new dd i'll put the HID in the reflec housing and aim them properly

Dr.Buick
01-16-2010, 09:55 AM
I have them in all my cars. Elite on south 27th has them in stock just south of ramsey.

rally_scort
01-16-2010, 10:29 AM
I have them in all my cars. Elite on south 27th has them in stock just south of ramsey.

what do they charge for em?

murdoc158
01-16-2010, 08:30 PM
as long as they're aimed right they're fine

:rolleyes:

http://danielsternlighting.com/ Do some reading before you say that.

HID's are not made to be used in a reflective housing unless equipped that way from the factory with a D2R bulb. Projectors run a D2S bulb. I won't even get into the H1, H3, 900x retrofits. Are your connections 100% sealed and waterproof? Wet or damp wiring and high voltage do not play nicely together.

If you want the "look" many $30 bulbs will give you that. If you want actual USABLE light output get a nice set of halogens. Osram Nightbreaker +50 would be your best bet for lo-beams. They produce more lumens than your stock bulbs, have a nice crisp white light, and actually work with your existing housings without using more wattage. For hi-beams check out H1R bulbs. They are halogens made and licensed by Toshiba. I have these in the Saabaru and they outshine my factory Xenons like night and day. Driving in pitch-black country roads in Washington County I can clearly see over 1/4 mile ahead. Do some reading before you make an uniformed decision because they "look cool and everybody else is doing it." If I could swap out my housing in the Saabaru and run 100% halogens I would.

Yooformula
01-16-2010, 09:04 PM
I have read that entire site and agree on damm near all of it especially when talking about colored hids(blue, purple, etc)BUT its hard to argue when the aftermarket hids light up more, brighter and further than the best over the counter bulb. I have a box of used good halogens that cost at least $50/pr and they dont even come close to the aftermarket hids.

Dr.Buick
01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
what do they charge for em?
I have no clue. They do all my stuff for free, their my brothers. you can call abdula 847-736-4270tell him jim told you to call

theavenger333
01-17-2010, 12:33 AM
blah blah

roll your eyes someplace else. i read that site, i've read more then a few other sites as well on the topic. i don't give a crap about the "look." the HIDs in my lesabre make a ton of difference, i don't know about measuring the light output but i get more light, out further and wider then i did before. aka i can see more, and further. i;ve aimed and adjusted them off a few places, aimed them slightly more down then regular halogens, and they're fine. i drive behind people i know all the time including my parents who complain nonstop about HIDS usually, and they dont with mine.

PureSound15
01-17-2010, 07:54 AM

http://danielsternlighting.com/ Do some reading before you say that.

There are some huge differences between reflective housings.

1) If you've got fluted lenses - forget it. They cause way too much glare.

B) The right clear lense can work just fine. Like I posted in the other thread - my Cobra's HIDs have just as nice of a cutoff as the Factory HIDs in my Acura.

I think the decision is obviously based on discresion. If you put them in and your spread looks like this...

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/379/bothonsidebysidebackviera0.jpg]

FORGET IT.

However - with a painted line onto the bulb (creating my own D2R bulb) I have very little glare with this setup.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/Cobra/Photo0276.jpg?t=1263736249

I do take issue with limited visibility by the use of 5000k+ temperature bulbs.

jon_we4
01-18-2010, 08:52 AM
Its not the same bulb that you are looking for - but if anyone is in the market for a 9006 type HID kit I have a new-never used kit for sale. I bought it for the TBSS, ended up going a different direction.