PDA

View Full Version : tranny issues

easytoremember
01-13-2010, 10:10 PM
In my 96 L67swap I have I'm having some tranny issues I'd like to have tweeked out, Long story short, I bought a car that had a used Dynotech race trans in it. then swapped the race trans into my 96 L67 swap grand prix.

So driving down the road every now and then, if you stomp on the gas, first the rpms jump, then the car takes off.... but it doesn't seem as in sync with the RPMS it seems delayed? Like the trans is building pressure first maybe? Not sure whats up there.

Also sometimes cruising around downtown running around say 30mph, every now and then the rpms will vary a bit, like the torque converter is catching or slipping... seems strange...

fluid level is fine and looks and smells fine...

Not sure what Torque converter is in there.... it might be stock.... it might not, no clue, the torque converter was from the old trans and not sure if it was upgraded or not.

Sometimes the 1 to 2 shift seems hard... shakes the car a bit, like it might be a bad mount, but the rpms seem fluid and even, and the trans acts fine, so it may not be a trans problem, but in fact a bad mount...

so I guess there could be some poblems with this thing, there could not be. Any ideas where to start? Or a good trans shop to take it to and have them run some tests? I plan on racing the car a lot this summer and want to get at least 1 11 second run before I grenade the thing.
Chris

0TransAm0
01-13-2010, 10:15 PM
bad converter???

domokun
01-13-2010, 10:22 PM
whats your PCM settings? ( gear change, etc )

could be your PCS which were known to go out in the 4T65.

bad clutches, or bad TC ( but then you would smell the fluid )

you sure the dipstick i correct ( its been known to had half a quart EXTRA over the line in the 4t65 ( thats per ZZP, cause the line is a little low )

thas all I got

HY35F2T
01-13-2010, 11:56 PM
does the ecu control the tranny?Thinking maybe the ecu from the car the trans was in might have something to do with it.But idk im not really into the whole 3.8gm thing.

Goat Roper
01-14-2010, 06:38 PM
I am completely disgusted that no one has made any tranny jokes in this thread.

Shame, shame on you all.

michelle
01-14-2010, 06:54 PM

Shame, shame on you all.

Maybe a few grew up since '09! :goof

Coops Brother
01-14-2010, 07:00 PM

Shame, shame on you all.

:devil Funny, that's why I clicked on this thread?!?!

Reverend Cooper
01-14-2010, 08:45 PM
shit just saw this. dude looks like a lady.
to late. had to momma theresa had to,so did I lol

easytoremember
01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
tranny jokes? Are they really needed? I thought Lady ga ga was the biggest tranny joke ever. So big that no tranny jokes were ever needed after her.

Reverend Cooper
01-14-2010, 09:28 PM
you mean shim (she/him)
But digress back to your transmission thread.

easytoremember
01-15-2010, 08:31 AM
So now I'm thinking 2 things... Either the line pressure isn't set high enough, and it has to build pressure before it really takes off (hense the lag I feel when I stomp on it.) or the tc is taking a poop.

I checked the fluid again yesterday, Level is still fine, but it smells a little burnt......maybe? It might just be now that I'm thinking it might be I'm smelling something that isn't there?

I'll have to bust out my PowerTunr and go at it. Boost line pressure a bit, see if it helps, if not, start looking for a tc.