PDA

View Full Version : Ford sweeps n.a. Car and truck of the year awards

Greg@GLD
01-13-2010, 08:57 PM
FORD SWEEPS N.A. CAR AND TRUCK OF THE YEAR AWARDS

It was a clean sweep, with Ford taking both 2010 North American Car and Truck of the Year awards at this week's North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) in Detroit. Wins for the 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid and 2010 Ford Transit Connect makes for just the third time in 17 years one manufacturer has earned both awards. The Fusion Hybrid edged out the Buick LaCrosse and Volkswagen Golf/GTI to win Car of the Year, while Transit Connect bested the Chevrolet Equinox and Subaru Outback to win the prestigious Truck of the Year title.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=31829

Plum Crazy
01-13-2010, 09:50 PM
I only listen to Motor Trend, congrats Dodge on Truck of the Year!

Dr.Buick
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Is this going to be a ford vs Chevy debate again?

Yooformula
01-13-2010, 10:30 PM
wow sharp looking truck! But imo titles mean nothing and I wouldnt be bragging about it if it looked like this.
2010 Truck of the Year!
http://www.dailyworldbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/2010-ford-transit-connect.jpg

Waver
01-14-2010, 09:06 AM
MMMMM yeah. It is really big in europe though:durr

Yooformula
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM

hmm maybe it should be the European truck of the year then.

WhatsADSM
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
Yea how the hell does that thing beat the new equinox? Especially in North America.

Those awards are silly anyways many of them just aren't big sellers anyways.

I think honda swept it a few years ago as well.... Also with a big seller the Ridgeline :rolleyes:

Exitspeed
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
While I agree that thing is hardly a "truck" of the year contender, the Transit Connect is something we've needed in this country for a long time. This thing is so versatile. It's a shame what they have to do to get them here. They might be able to charge less for them if it weren't for all the shenanigans.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-14-2010, 12:08 PM
While I agree that thing is hardly a "truck" of the year contender, the Transit Connect is something we've needed in this country for a long time. This thing is so versatile. It's a shame what they have to do to get them here. They might be able to charge less for them if it weren't for all the shenanigans.

yeah. as stupid as the transit looks. it is a prefect vehicle for the small business owner. do i think it should have gotten truck of the year?? i don't know. what else was out there to give it to. the dodge HD :rolleyes:. nothing groundbreaking there.

twicks69
01-14-2010, 12:35 PM
The price on the Transit Connect needs to come down ALOT to make it a worthwhile solution for the small business owner. IMO, they are very overpriced. I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter than I am purchasing a new Transit Connect for the price they are commanding the public to pay for it.

Waver
01-14-2010, 12:38 PM
The price on the Transit Connect needs to come down ALOT to make it a worthwhile solution for the small business owner. IMO, they are very overpriced. I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter than I am purchasing a new Transit Connect for the price they are commanding the public to pay for it.

Well part of the cost of the vehicle is all of the shipping costs it takes to get one of them over here from Turkey

07ROUSHSTG3
01-14-2010, 01:39 PM

yup. they are pricey.

Prince Valiant
01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Transit connect is a very sensible vehicle...but should perhaps be priced in-line with mid-sized sedan, or perhaps more competitive with minivan pricing. I think it'd be a bigger draw if it was available with a small diesel for 30+mpg capability.

I am better off purchasing a used GMC Sprinter...I know Dodge, frieghtliner, and mercedes all one a version of it, but GMC has a version of the Sprinter too? :goof

twicks69
01-14-2010, 02:12 PM
Whatever the brand....f-it. You know what I mean.

lordairgtar
01-14-2010, 02:48 PM
The Transit is perfect for the small business owner who needs a lot of parts and tools to be with him. It's better than the HHR Panel too because of its larger size, but not so large as to be too big. This may be my next vehicle after the HHR I have is older. Chevy won't be making the HHR much longer after 2011, which is sad because it is the perfect vehicle for what I need it to do. I saw one stickered at $23,900. Not too bad considering the cost of a large pick up truck

Exitspeed
01-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Here's the reason for the overly expensive price of the vehicle.

If they could get around this or just build the damn things here I think they'd sell a ton of'em.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/09/22/report-all-ford-transit-connects-arrive-in-u-s-with-full-inter/

BAD LS1
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM

I think i saw one in france.... So not really big. The Renault and Citroen mini cube vans in EU like that seems to be alot more practical while being most popular and not mention dont look like a 1st gen fusion with a camper on the back.