PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work for Boucher?

WickedSix
01-12-2010, 08:58 PM
looking at buying a pickup but getn some shady answers to phone calls. Went and looked at the truck when dealership was closed looks pretty decent. When i called on it they said they couldn't talk numbers because the previous owners screwed up signing over the title and they were waiting for it back....well they were supposed to have the title signed correctly this week but its still not there....now the saleman said they had a gm boucher dealer check out the truck and they said its unsellable....so wtf does that mean? is that indicative of a mechanical problem? like say a head gasket? first truck ive ever looked at buying from a dealer.... help is appreciated :thumbsup

SMOKDU
01-12-2010, 09:11 PM
maybe it is a bad title. give me the vin and i can run a carfax for you.. let me know what you want i watch over 8 million in inventory and i buy trucks all over.

johnny--2k
01-12-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah, could be a salvage title or somethign along those lines. Manufacturer buyback is also a big possibility.

WickedSix
01-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Pm sent mark

SMOKDU
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Pm sent mark

http://milwaukeefreecarfax.com/

03CVLX
01-12-2010, 09:49 PM
I have a Boucher Contact.. I am at work now, shoot me a PM to remind me and I will forward you his info.

kornholio788
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
Could be that it didn't pass the saftey inspection that the state sets. Or it could be that the truck was sold from under you and he is he just trying to come up with something in order to not make him look bad. Or he screwed up or something and just coming up with excuses. Who knows.

He didn't talk numbers because car salesmen don't talk numbers over the phone. If you wanna do business then go in. Not starting anything with you personally but you wouldn't do business over the phone while looking at a house. Same applies here. You wouldn't buy a car over the phone, so why should we try and sell one? Like I said not a personal attack against you just giving you the reason why he wouldn't talk numbers.

I work for the Lincoln Mercury store btw in stallis.

88Nightmare
01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
my old man works for Boucher. PM me pat

'91 notch
01-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Heres a tip. When buying a car from a dealer, 1st make sure your going to buy it. Even better if you have your own financing. Then ask for the fleet guy, if he asks you why you want to deal with him, tell him your buddies dad owns a business and told you to deal with his guy. No salesman, no financing, no added expenses. My wife recently bought a new SUV without dealing with salesman, the way it should be.

Monstr913
01-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Your doomed to rock the blue bomber! or the firetruck cursed you cuz its jealous, lol.

Crawlin
01-13-2010, 04:50 AM
Heres a tip. When buying a car from a dealer, 1st make sure your going to buy it. Even better if you have your own financing. Then ask for the fleet guy, if he asks you why you want to deal with him, tell him your buddies dad owns a business and told you to deal with his guy. No salesman, no financing, no added expenses. My wife recently bought a new SUV without dealing with salesman, the way it should be.

Then they made a TON of money.

When I was in the business, our fleet guy made more money / car than the average salesperson does.

And i've recommended having your own financing setup as in knowing your rate, but I guarantee 99% of the time, a dealership can beat any rate you can get at the local credit union.

As for the O.P., there could be a million things that could have happened. What happens is after a customer gets their new car, all obligations to the dealership no matter how large, go right out the window. Like getting us the title to their trade that they get pissed at us when we say either
a.go home and get it(but I live 45 minutes away)
b.sign this form that says you willget title within 48 hrs to us or forfeit $100 check we make you write(asking for more money never sits well)

yet we ask that, and we get shit back, and then it takes people liketwo weeks to find the title in their house and get it to us.

at times i've lost a deal because I've made the people drive home to get it. if they won't drive the 20 minutes back home to get it when they WANT their car, what makes them think they'll drive the 40 minute round trip OUT OF THEIR WAY after they already have their car.

since we live in wisconsin and we are used to getting titles even if financed, alot of people that move here from out of state, be it from any number of states, even military personnel moving here, those other states hold your title. So the bank is waiting for that payoff check before they send the title to the dealership, then on top of that, it gets sent to the customer to sign over sayign they sold it, or it gets sent to the dealership and we have to wait for customer to come in and sign it. Now if the finance manager is anything worth his paycheck(and at boucher most are NOT), he'll have the customer sign the power of attorney forms that allow us to directly sign the title for them instad of waiting for them to come in.

What sucks is, with today's technology, anything on the internet will get posted right away since their system automatically uploads it. Then the computer people will automatically come out and take pics of those vehicles just uploaded if the dealership doesn't already have a person doing that. So now you have a truck online that they don't even know if they are gonna sell. Then it goes through inspection, and if it's not some 2-3 year old truck with under 40k miles on it, it just might not make it to the lot for sale even though it's online.

the older it is and the more miles it has, the less likely the dealer is going to want to sell it. Alot of times, anything over 6-7 years old and over 100,000 miles wwould go straight to auction. Reason? We would get more for it from some sidelot on 27th street at auction then we would from customer's lowballing us. Not worth the hassle. Then if we did decide to sell it on the lot, customers would nitpick the scratches or dents or maybe the small rust spot on the bumper, etc... all over a $5000 truck. again, almost 10y/o and 100,000 miles, you might want to lower standards(not you personally, just general population)

Like I said, a TON of possible stuff to go wrong, and most of it stuff the sales manager and back office people aren't gonna tell a salesperson.

Hope you find what you are looking for though!

pOrk
01-13-2010, 07:06 AM
Could be that it didn't pass the saftey inspection that the state sets. Or it could be that the truck was sold from under you and he is he just trying to come up with something in order to not make him look bad. Or he screwed up or something and just coming up with excuses. Who knows.

He didn't talk numbers because car salesmen don't talk numbers over the phone. If you wanna do business then go in. Not starting anything with you personally but you wouldn't do business over the phone while looking at a house. Same applies here. You wouldn't buy a car over the phone, so why should we try and sell one? Like I said not a personal attack against you just giving you the reason why he wouldn't talk numbers.

I work for the Lincoln Mercury store btw in stallis.

I bought my house over the phone:durr

WickedSix
01-13-2010, 10:35 AM
i know they dont talk numbers over the phone...i've had three appointments to go test drive the truck and each got cancelled...one on my part other two because of the reasons i listed before. Believe me i did my homework first I got preapproved etc so I can go in knowing at least I have a firm footing to stand on here.... I guess I just find it odd because all the motorcycles i've bought from a dealer I always had my ducks in a row..i had the title..i had the documents etc....

I didn't know the dealers post vehicles before they know they have them for sure though so thanks for filling in those gaps Chris. At the very least that reinforces what the guy has said so far reguarding the truck...it was online before it got inspected .... we all saw that when we looked at it cus the window said not inspected lol

bubba pm sent

WickedSix
01-13-2010, 10:39 AM
apparently S10's are too small for me now ty....even the cop last night couldn't tell i was wearing my seatbelt until he came up to the side of the truck...fatman in little truck...fml lol

Feature Pony
01-13-2010, 10:46 AM
Boucher Chevy in waukesha did the same thing to me back in 94 I wanted a 89 z24 for a winter car, they had it advertised I called the guy said he would hold the car. I showed up they told me the car couldn't be sold due to the electric dash went out, they tried to get me into another car. 3 days later during halloween a car 89 Z24 rolls through my neighborhood with license applied for plates with Boucher Chevy on them and the dash was bright as hell, needless to say I was pissed!! The weird thing is I lived in south milwaukee and the car was sold in waukesha, it was kind of creapy but things happen for a reason.

Monstr913
01-14-2010, 02:37 AM
yea i'm so buying u a rat fink sticker, lol

WickedSix
01-14-2010, 03:34 PM
from all indications its already sold even though they dont have the title.....search continues...anyone want to buy an 07 yammy custom warrior? has air ride and everything lol

Anakonda69
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
no i'm getting an airbrushed shirt with his big ass in the dime. lol

Monstr913
01-15-2010, 02:17 AM
damn you, you know i want that bike but need trans for diesel and axle for burban.