PDA

View Full Version : Car Dealers - Anyone work for a Saturn or Subaru Dealership in Waukesha?

twicks69
01-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Is there anyone on this forum that is a dealer for Saturn of Waukesha, or at the Subaru Dealer in Waukesha?

I am looking to purchase a new/newer vehicle in the upcoming 6 months and am focused on Subaru or Saturn for the following models:

2009 Saturn Vue (all models)
2003-2009 Subaru Legacy Wagon (2.5L motor)
2005-2009 Subaru Forrester (2.5L)
2005-2009 Subaru Outback (2.5L)

It doesn't need to be turbo -- I would prefer AWD though....

I would prefer to help out a friend of the forum first! If you have a hookup, please shoot me a PM or respond to this thread.

Thanks,

A B4C Z
01-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Not sure how much your looking to spend but my buddie is looking to sell his 05 sti black. Has a subaru (spc?) intake otherwise all stock has around 27k on it. His dad also works for the subaru in waukesha.

1320PNY
01-12-2010, 06:06 PM
Hey Tim,

I have a 2008 Outback Wagon I picked up Sept of 2008. Just wondering why you want this vehicle. Ours is a 2.5L non-turbo. We like it, just find it a bit too small for a family car. Car seat fitting in second row for infant is the issue.

twicks69
01-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Hey Tim,

I have a 2008 Outback Wagon I picked up Sept of 2008. Just wondering why you want this vehicle. Ours is a 2.5L non-turbo. We like it, just find it a bit too small for a family car. Car seat fitting in second row for infant is the issue.

Reallly.... Yeah, I was looking at them this evening, and I felt the same way about the back seats on the Outback. The Legacy and Forrester have better back-seat space than the Outback, hence putting them above this model. It looked like the back storage area was plenty, as well as the front seating area looked roomy, but the back seats looked near vertical and not as high quality as the fronts.

As for the STI, I would rather not have it -- just for the fact that I would eventually modify it -- and my wife won't like that -- especially if she wants to drive it. Thanks for the offer, I would really like one, but I shouldn't get an STI.

I would prefer to stick within the $15-21K range for 07 and newer with lower mileage.

Options preferred:

On the Subaru --
*5-speed preferred
*leather preferred, but cloth is fine; just more difficult to remove stains.
*sunroof preferred
*2.5L turbo or non-turbo
----leaving me with the options of the Premium, GT, Limited, WRX, and STI.
--Model options of the Impreza, Legacy, Forrester preferred.
-I would love to get an 03 Legacy GT wagon, but they are hard to find with low mileage.

On the Saturn Vue --
*5-speed or auto
*cloth or leather
*sunroof preferred
*AWD preferred
*2009 model year preferred.
----leaving me with the options of the XE and XR for AWD.
-I found a nice 09 silver Vue XE AWD auto at Saturn of Waukesha with 19K miles, cloth, no sunroof with alloys and 4 disk brake option for $19K IIRC.

SMOKDU
01-12-2010, 09:33 PM
call me i can get you one wholesale. 1-414-899-9809 or email me scaffidi@heiser.com

twicks69
01-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Mark, I will give you a call this week to discuss it with you.

Thanks for the info!

WhatsADSM
01-13-2010, 12:04 AM
Tim I am almost in the same exact boat as you, in fact scary how close.

I agree outback is out... although the back seat room in the outback and forester are almost identical. In fact the outback actually has a LONGER wheelbase than the forester. Forester is actually shorter and taller.

The following are on my short list:

Forester XT (very hard to find)
Subaru Tribeca
Nissan Murano
(and possibly although lower on the list) Cadillac SRX

So while I know that isn't your exact list, I do wonder if you have ever considered the Tribeca? Next time you are at a suby dealer do yourself a favor and take a ride in one once. Its definitely a lot more car for a little more than the forester. Nice lower mileage 06s can be had at dealers just below 19. I'm sure you can find low mileage 07 if you wanted below 21.. even well loaded with leather, heated seats, etc.

'91 notch
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
I wouldn't buy a Vue because all the Saturn stores are going to close.

TransAm12sec
01-13-2010, 03:51 AM
I work at Sommers in Mequon, although I couldn't get you a deal being a lot boy.

http://www.sommerscars.com/used-inventory/index.htm?SByear=clear&SBmake=Subaru&SBmodel=clear&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

jbiscuit
01-13-2010, 07:40 AM
The new Foresters are really nice. Have you driven one Tim? Almost picked one up for the wife but she liked the CR-V better. Great vehicle

twicks69
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
I am going to try and get some drive-time in them this Friday. I haven't driven anything yet.

My wife liked the looks of the Saturn Vue. (Yes, I know all the dealerships and the model is being axed...My key reason for NOT getting this vehicle, but she wanted me to at least check it out since I would probably get a solid deal on a 2009).

I have not looked at the Tribeca yet, I will have to do so Murray. I think it might be at the high end of the price spectrum that I can reasonably afford. I know I could easily go higher, but I don't want to soak my budget or take alot out of savings to pay for the car in full.

I like the Murano as well, I will have to do some pricing on them. There is an AWD model also?

I would really stick with an AWD wagon or small/medium SUV with decent gas mileage and in the price range I had listed above.

I really have no interest in any Ford or Chrysler models, and the only GM stuff I will look at is the 2009 Saturn Vue currently. I will check out the SRX, but I don't know if I like the styling of them. Maybe a CTS....?

The goal is to keep our current 2002 Saturn SC2 (Gets 35mpg) and get rid of my 1992 Galant VR4 via private sale.

WhatsADSM
01-13-2010, 11:10 AM
I am going to try and get some drive-time in them this Friday. I haven't driven anything yet.

My wife liked the looks of the Saturn Vue. (Yes, I know all the dealerships and the model is being axed...My key reason for NOT getting this vehicle, but she wanted me to at least check it out since I would probably get a solid deal on a 2009).

I have not looked at the Tribeca yet, I will have to do so Murray. I think it might be at the high end of the price spectrum that I can reasonably afford. I know I could easily go higher, but I don't want to soak my budget or take alot out of savings to pay for the car in full.

I like the Murano as well, I will have to do some pricing on them. There is an AWD model also?

I would really stick with an AWD wagon or small/medium SUV with decent gas mileage and in the price range I had listed above.

I really have no interest in any Ford or Chrysler models, and the only GM stuff I will look at is the 2009 Saturn Vue currently. I will check out the SRX, but I don't know if I like the styling of them. Maybe a CTS....?

The goal is to keep our current 2002 Saturn SC2 (Gets 35mpg) and get rid of my 1992 Galant VR4 via private sale.

Yea definately take a look at the Tribeca and Murano. If you want to keep it a little less expensive then get a less equipped (Read cloth seats, no nav, no backup camera) model of the Murano or Tribeca and they will definately be a few thousand less.

Tribeca like all subys are AWD. And yup the Murano has a FWD or AWD option.

If you are open to the Murano, I'd bet an 06-07 Murano S AWD without too many options you be your best bang for the buck by a long shot. In fact I just drove this one this past weekend. It had a few small flaws, but none-the-less you get the idea on price:
06 Murano S AWD, 46k miles. $16k (although I'd bet you can find a little cleaner one for about 17k)
http://www.autosourcemotors.com/webtemplate.aspx?iid=2536664

The murano and tribeca are definately a helluva lot more car for the money than the forester.... and in general I like the forester, it is just a little bare-bones and smaller.

Bart H
01-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Murano's with the AWDand CVT are very nice. Parent have one that has 147k+ with no major issues at all.

BAD LS1
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
Who cares if the saturn dealers will close? its not till 11' and the warranty work will be done through any GM dealer. Besides the vue platform is common amongst a few other GM small SUV's. A vue with the 3.6 would be a fun little small SUV.

Red97GTP
01-13-2010, 12:49 PM
I work at Boucher Nissan which is right next to Saturn, and I can sell off of Saturns lot as well. Let me know if I can help. PM me.

Brian

twicks69
01-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Thanks Brian, I will likely take you up on that to look at the 2009 silver Vue XE AWD on the lot.

As well, I just test-drove a very nice 2005 black Outback 2.5L Auto with black leather and the sunroof option -- 25K miles, mint condition. Listed at $19K. Looks and drives like a brand new vehicle. I felt that the seating looked decent in the back and the wagon storage area was very nice. Currently, this is on the top of my list.

Red97GTP
01-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks Brian, I will likely take you up on that to look at the 2009 silver Vue XE AWD on the lot.

As well, I just test-drove a very nice 2005 black Outback 2.5L Auto with black leather and the sunroof option -- 25K miles, mint condition. Listed at $19K. Looks and drives like a brand new vehicle. I felt that the seating looked decent in the back and the wagon storage area was very nice. Currently, this is on the top of my list.

Thats cool. Just let me know when you wanna take a look at something. I know that with the huge rebates on the Saturns, they are going really fast. So if you're looking for something in particular, you may have to put a rush on getting a car. Otherwise, try and have a few different choices as far as color and other options. Keep me posted!

'91 notch
01-16-2010, 05:02 PM
Muranos arn't bad. Make sure you have good insurance. A headlight assembly cost $700. They seem to be proud of their headlights. A front end collision could cost your insurance company $1400 of the bat, meaning these SUV's can go junk real quick.

TURTLE
01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
....and get rid of my 1992 Galant VR4 via private sale.

tim, keep me posted on this... you know how bad i've been looking for one... and yours is gonna be about one of the nicest kept examples of one... ;)

twicks69
01-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Funny enough, I already accepted a cash offer; the guy is putting money down on it tomorrow. The GVR4 will be staying locally in WI, and I am just going to do a bit of freshening up on the engine, transmission, new turbo-back exhaust, new big 16G turbo, manifold, O2 housing, tie rod ends, and a few other things. I am guessing that I am likely in the right price with it -- I took $3K for it. It has 200K on it.

As for the Subie stuff....

I took another look at the 2005 at Wilde Subaru, and it looks like they would take around $17K for it.

I want to stop by Andrew Toyota tomorrow, as they have an 06 Outback 2.5XT with ~25K miles on it, and most of the same package stuff; including leather and moonroof, but with the addition of turbo, and one year newer. It should be certified as well for 6yr/100K miles. They are listing it at $19.9K, which was around the same price as the 2005 at Wilde Subaru. I guess I will see how it goes.

Here is the link to the 06 Outback:
http://www.everycarlisted.com/cars/subaru/legacy/2006/vin-4s4bp67c064306281

For those of you with kids and a Subaru, what drawbacks do you have with your vehicles? My wife and I are short people (~5'9" me, ~5'6" her), and it seemed like it had enough space for a kid in the back seat, along with baby seat or child booster seat, as well as alot of cargo room while not being too large of a vehicle.

I really like the Outback as it is a bit less bulky than the Forrester, while still having decent ride height.

Also, the sunroof is really damn nice on these. Anyone have problems with the teloscoping moonroof for water leakage, or wind noise, etc.?

Any other major drawbacks to the vehicle? Service issues? Recalls/Warranty issues? Major flaws?

I might be purchasing this vehicle sooner than I was expecting....

Mark, I will give you a call to see if you have any coming in, or if you can check if the pricing I am seeing is realistic, or if I am getting hosed on the deal.

I personally think that that the 2005 2.5 (black/black leather) is really worth low $17K range, while the 2006 2.5XT should be around the low $18K range based on color combination (blue/gray leather).

If anyone has any other suggestions, I am definitely interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,

twicks69
01-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Well, I went around to all the bigger dealers in the Milwaukee area, including along Hwy 100, 27th st, Brown Deer Rd, Silver Spring, Green Bay Rd, and the Waukesha area.

The best two Subies I found were the ones I have so far mentioned.

With that said, the overall condition of the two listed above have a better interior/exterior on the 2005 black/black one, while the 2006 is a nice color but had several paint flaws along both sides on the doors and fenders (small scratches and chips) with an OK interior color in good condition and then the wood grain accents along with having the turbo motor, same mileage and Nav.

I am going to see what they can do on the blue one tomorrow for pricing. Personally, I think $17.5K-18K is realistic for its condition.

WhatsADSM
01-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Well, I went around to all the bigger dealers in the Milwaukee area, including along Hwy 100, 27th st, Brown Deer Rd, Silver Spring, Green Bay Rd, and the Waukesha area.

The best two Subies I found were the ones I have so far mentioned.

With that said, the overall condition of the two listed above have a better interior/exterior on the 2005 black/black one, while the 2006 is a nice color but had several paint flaws along both sides on the doors and fenders (small scratches and chips) with an OK interior color in good condition and then the wood grain accents along with having the turbo motor, same mileage and Nav.

I am going to see what they can do on the blue one tomorrow for pricing. Personally, I think $17.5K-18K is realistic for its condition.

From my experience the XT is worth (or at least seems to go for) quite a bit more than an optioned X. In the case of the forester it was that way, it seemed that a similar condition XT would go for maybe 2-3k more than the X. FWIW, I was about to take a look at a very clean 07 forester xt with I think it was 45k on it for $18k, however it was sold before I could take a look at it (XTs go really fast).

I don't mind though, I ended up picking up a fully loaded 06 Murano SL AWD with 49k on it for only a hint more than the forester xt anyways. Its A LOT more car for the money.

Muranos arn't bad. Make sure you have good insurance. A headlight assembly cost $700. They seem to be proud of their headlights. A front end collision could cost your insurance company $1400 of the bat, meaning these SUV's can go junk real quick.

Yea I will find out what the insurance is like soon enough. I'm not too worried because they are conventional enough that most people that own them don't think they are Michael Schumacher and go crashing them all over the place. Its also a safe vehicle.

Although I'm sure they cost a bit to fix I can't imagine them getting totaled out that easy (if that's what you mean my "go junk") simply due to their fairly high initial value and good residual.

twicks69
01-18-2010, 09:43 PM
From my experience the XT is worth (or at least seems to go for) quite a bit more than an optioned X. In the case of the forester it was that way, it seemed that a similar condition XT would go for maybe 2-3k more than the X. FWIW, I was about to take a look at a very clean 07 forester xt with I think it was 45k on it for $18k, however it was sold before I could take a look at it (XTs go really fast).

I don't mind though, I ended up picking up a fully loaded 06 Murano SL AWD with 49k on it for only a hint more than the forester xt anyways. Its A LOT more car for the money.

Yea I will find out what the insurance is like soon enough. I'm not too worried because they are conventional enough that most people that own them don't think they are Michael Schumacher and go crashing them all over the place. Its also a safe vehicle.

Although I'm sure they cost a bit to fix I can't imagine them getting totaled out that easy (if that's what you mean my "go junk") simply due to their fairly high initial value and good residual.

Well, I took a look at the blue/gray 2006 Outback XT at Andrew Toyota in Milwaukee at lunch today. They have it stickered at 22.9K with 19.9K asking price. 24.5K miles on it, pretty exterior, light gray leather. The nav was nice, as well as the power from the turbo motor, but the auto-stick trans is SUPER SLOW to shift manually. I hit it in 1st, and shifted to 2nd in manual, it was bouncing off rev limiter for at least a couple seconds before the computer finally shifted. Definitely dissapointed by that. The torque really nice, but the trans is just too slow for a fun turbo car. The exterior had quite a few scuffs/small scratches throughout, and a couple light door dings. The interior was a different story...though minor, there was definitely evidence of a dog being in the car on a regular basis, as every door panel, and the center console had pet claw puncture/scratch marks. It was obvious to me, but I am picky. I also noticed some dog hairs throughout the vehicle as a confirmation.

On top of that, it has a couple red flags on the CarFax, including the fact that it was purchased by the first owner and only owned for 9 days before being back on the inventory list for the original dealer. Either someone did something to it, or they didn't like it. Either way, the second owner has owned it since 2006, and was the dog owner. Overall, I couldn't find any paint damage/repair/bodywork on the exterior, and the suspension/driveline all looked around the same overall condition with no obvious accident repair parts. Seam lines and factory panel seaming was all intact. Finally, this car was NOT Subaru Certified, as it was on the Toyota used car lot. It was purchased from Sommer's Subaru in Mequon, WI. Either way, two-owner car, flaws from pets, and exterior flaws from overall use/negligence. I felt that the car really didn't warrant more than $17.7K, and that was what I expected the dealer to get near. He came back by saying that he wouldn't go lower than $19.4K, in which I said goodbye after notifying him that I was going to purchase the other Subaru at the different dealer.

With that said, I am now the proud owner of a 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premioum Package Black/Black leather with 25K miles on it for ~$17K. Sticker price was $22,995, Asking price was $19,999. I felt it was a fair price, so I picked it up.

The guys over at Wilde Subaru were very easy to work with, and they didn't dick me around whatsoever on price. They knew I was a knowledgable buyer, and they were honest with me. They are also fixing all the flaws I found on the vehicle free of charge prior to pickup.

Car insurance will be lower with the non-turbo, and it gets around 5+ MPG more than the turbo model.

Though I am using a private lender for my financing, their financing department did a very nice job at offering me some competitive rates, and overall left a nice taste in my mouth that they are actually providing a fair service.

I do know that their prices are normally a bit higher than their competitors, but they have some seriously nice used vehicles on their lot, and it shows that they really pick up good quality cars from the auctions on a regular basis.

At the same time, I also started a vendor account with their dealership for my Dodge and Subaru parts. I am still waiting to see what their discount is though....

1320PNY
01-19-2010, 07:31 AM
Sweet, next time it snows we should do a get together. I'll pick up a few folks with my wagon!