PDA

View Full Version : Lucy needs a good home

Goat Roper
01-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Some friend's of the wife have a very loving 4.5 year old Golden Retriever named Lucy that they need to find a good home for. Simply put, she is just too big for their home which now has two small children.

If interested I can get you contact information. If you decide to take her I can bring her back with me the weekend of January 23-24 as they would meet me in Dubuque for whomever in this area would like her.

Thanks for looking!

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/lucy2sm.jpg

http://www.webtrendsguy.com/images/lucy1sm.jpg

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Pretty dog there.

PureSound15
01-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Scott any idea how much she weighs? Hard to tell from the pic.

Our pup would love a friend.

88Nightmare
01-11-2010, 10:02 PM
friendly with other dogs?

spayed?

Goat Roper
01-11-2010, 10:19 PM
Good questions I am going to get answers to tomorrow guys.

88Nightmare
01-11-2010, 10:21 PM
if the dog is sociable with others, spayed, up to date on shots, housebroken (non destructive and potty trained) and otherwise generally healthy, mark me on the interested list. I'd love to find me a turn key pup

RanJer
01-11-2010, 11:20 PM
If the potential new landlord will approve. Put me on the list.

Philly-O
01-11-2010, 11:46 PM
damn my small house, a second dog would mean i would have to move into the garage.

michelle
01-12-2010, 06:14 AM
My zoo is full, but I hope you find her a great home!

DoubleAron
01-12-2010, 06:29 AM
Wow if they consider that dog too big for small children they would stroke if they came to my house.:rolf

Korndogg
01-12-2010, 06:34 AM
Wow if they consider that dog too big for small children they would stroke if they came to my house.:rolf

I think they mean with two kids, there is no room in the house for the dog. Not that its too big for the kids.

0TransAm0
01-12-2010, 03:37 PM
how is the dog with the kids? we have a 3 week old baby.. and a small lap dog..

Goat Roper
01-12-2010, 04:57 PM
I am awaiting a reply to an email I sent Lucy's owners this morning. I will hopefully have answers tonight.

lordairgtar
01-13-2010, 12:03 AM
I say loose the kids and keep the dog. Dog's will never become slacker teenagers and eat all your food. Such a sweet looking dog. I hope the dog doesn't get a broken heart from being removed from it's family.

Goat Roper
01-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Here is the response to my email I received last night. They have one meeting scheduled right after my next trip to Iowa with someone local who asked first, so they are going to respect that. If that falls through all prospective BCM folks are next. The next time I would be able to meet them would be the weekend of Feb 6th-7th.

For all of those still interested after these answers please PM me and I will get you their email address so you can speak directly with them. I will be more than happy to provide the transportation for anyone on here you is bringing Lucy home.

How much does she weigh? 70-80 LBS.

Friendly with other dogs? YES. SHE LOVES OTHER DOGS. HER LOVE CAN BE A BIT MUCH FOR OTHER DOGS, IF THEIR PERSONALITY IS MORE RESERVED.

Spayed? YES.

Up to date on shots? YES.

Housebroken and generally non-destructive? YES AND MOSTLY. SHE LOVES TO MOVE SOCKS (AND SOMETIMES MITTENS, HAND TOWELS, SOFT TOYS) FROM ONE SPOT TO ANOTHER. WE ALWAYS HAVE TO SHUT THE LAUNDRY ROOM DOOR.

Goat Roper
01-13-2010, 08:52 AM
how is the dog with the kids? we have a 3 week old baby.. and a small lap dog..

They have a baby and a 2 or 3 year old who she gets along fine with but as with anyone with a 70-80lb dog can attest to, they do not know their size all that well sometimes when they get to playing around. Same goes with Lucy. Like we did with Dingo when Jorja was a baby, we just always made sure she was up off the floor before the kids got to rough housing with him.

PureSound15
01-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Well, at least whomever is thinking about adopting her won't have to worry about her personality. Seems like she's innocent -

Joe's kid was peeling back Raja's lips and pulling out her har - Raja just laid there.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i34/puresound15/e96e267e.jpg

Dr.Buick
01-13-2010, 09:29 AM
My mom and dad are big in to a golden rescue. Here is their sight they visit homes to mike sure they go to a good place.

http://www.waagr.org/index.html