PDA

View Full Version : I can't wait until July.

Exitspeed
01-11-2010, 10:59 AM
When the smoking ban goes into effect. Nothing personal with smokers.

I LOVE Magoo's wings now. But the smoke in that place is soooo thick. I come home and I have to take a shower before I can even get into bed. I don't even wear the coat the next day. My pregnant wife doesn't go anymore becuase she can't handle it.

Seriously though I can't wait to be able to go out to bar or club or to shoot some pool (Romines and Masters Z's specifically) and not come home smelling like complete shit.

It's gonna be so awesome! :headbang

Can't effin wait!

94greenbandit
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
^^^x2

JaMichaels
01-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I smoke and completly agree. I'm sick of being around smoke in public places such as resteraunts. Takes away from the good aromas.

PureSound15
01-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Appleton has been smoke free for a while now and it's GREAT. It's incredibly strange for me to come back to Milwaukee and smell like smoke when I get home.

Exitspeed
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I've only been to a bar once in Chicago that was non smoking. It was pretty funny...

I didn't realize the place was non smoking right away. After about 10 min I noticed that the place really smelled like beer. Then it dawned on me...THAT'S what a bar would smell like if it weren't for the smoke. It was such a pleasant smell.

Flicktitty
01-11-2010, 11:41 AM
i agree, i can't wait. there is a few places i've gone that don't allow smoking so thats a plus.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-11-2010, 11:51 AM
yeah. fond du lac went non-smoking and it is great. i feel so much better in the mornings too. i am now able to drink more and get more drunk and not be so hungover, LOL!

Crawlin
01-11-2010, 12:10 PM
Been out to California for snowboarding trips, and they have huge like "bus stops" that are heated so people can go outside and smoke instead of IN the bars.

I can't wait either. It's such a pain in the ass to be "airing" out coats during the winter

Cryptic
01-11-2010, 12:17 PM
The smoke makes my stomach turn after awhile, kinda makes my mind think I am drinking too much. I'm congested and have a head ache the next morning.

Everything goes straight to the washer when I get home. I always make sure I wear a jacket I don't mind going into the washer... that or leave it in the truck and freeze my ass off.

Seems pretty pointless to take a shower before you go out too. Nobody is going to be able to distinguish you and your designer cologne after 5 minutes in a bar anyway.

*awaits July*

hrsp
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
me to...city lounge is smoke free....

Josepy
01-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I am only smoke when I am drinking. I cannot wait for July. Then I will not smoke anymore. When we went on the power tour last year in Madison it was great not having any smoking in any of the bars.

jbiscuit
01-11-2010, 12:47 PM
Bring it on! I agree with Magoos smokiness as well. My wife won't go anymore either. She hates when I go there due to the STENCH of Magoos afterwards. I have to air my coat out for at least 2 full days in the garage before it can be worn again.

Exitspeed
01-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Bring it on! I agree with Magoos smokiness as well. My wife won't go anymore either. She hates when I go there due to the STENCH of Magoos afterwards. I have to air my coat out for at least 2 full days in the garage before it can be worn again.

I call the downstairs their The Bowles of 'Stallis. So that smell is the smell of 'Stallis' bowels. Yuuum!

JBs92Lude
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
I call the downstairs their The Bowles of 'Stallis. So that smell is the smell of 'Stallis' bowels. Yuuum!

Yeah, down there just get a couple people smoking and it fills right up. Gross! Just makes me feel sick, hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. I am sure all our lungs will thank us!

Myles
01-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Eat healthy, stay fit, die anyways.

JBs92Lude
01-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Eat healthy, stay fit, die anyways.

Yes, everyone dies. However COPD, emphysema, or lung cancer would not be on the top of my list for causes.

TheRX7Project
01-12-2010, 12:01 AM
I still refuse to agree with legislation that takes away freedom to do something that is otherwise legal. First it's smoking... then what?

RanJer
01-12-2010, 12:09 AM

1. "bowles" as you put it, you mean Bowels
2. As long as we take over the basement like we did Saturday, we're good.

I still refuse to agree with legislation that takes away freedom to do something that is otherwise legal. First it's smoking... then what?

Can you smoke in a bank? Can you smoke in a library? There's nothing about it being legal to smoke in a bar, now they just happen to change it to follow suit with other public places.

So first it's smoking, then, the won't allow you to jack off in the bathroom... I know, life sucks.

TheRX7Project
01-12-2010, 12:14 AM
The library still lets you jack off in the bathroom :goof

I still think it should be up to the ESTABLISHMENT to decide wether or not to allow smoking. I don't smoke, but I don't care if other people do. It's legal, it's their decision, and if I didn't like it I'd go somewhere else to eat/drink/etc.

EDIT: And for the record, I don't believe it's ILLEGAL to smoke in the bank, it's the bank's decision to not allow it. PUBLIC buildings like the library or courthouse should be legislated by the government. PRIVATE establishments like a bar or restaurant should NOT be.

RanJer
01-12-2010, 12:25 AM
PRIVATE establishments like a bar or restaurant should NOT be.

Regardless of if it's a private establishment, they still are forced to uphold state/county laws. Can't serve/sell beer/liquor after a certain time. Age laws/restrictions. Max capacity/sq ft laws. Etc. Private or not, the gov't still has a hold on them.

88Nightmare
01-12-2010, 12:28 AM
should the government dictate what gas stations charge for gas? They are private businesses... they should be able to charge what they want....

LEWETHETIGER73
01-12-2010, 06:42 AM
And here we go ......... :popcorn

TheRX7Project
01-12-2010, 08:29 AM
Regardless of if it's a private establishment, they still are forced to uphold state/county laws. Can't serve/sell beer/liquor after a certain time. Age laws/restrictions. Max capacity/sq ft laws. Etc. Private or not, the gov't still has a hold on them.

Agreed. I am simply saying they shouldn't. In the end, the government can do pretty much wtf ever they want, and people will abide.

Exitspeed
01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
And here we go ......... :popcorn

Yeah I kinda had a feeling it was going to go this route eventually.

I could actually care less about this particular thing. Go G'ment!

VroomPshhTsi
01-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Non smoking bars = win

Take your cancer sticks outside, kthnx