PDA

View Full Version : Sunday fun...

Crawlin
01-10-2010, 05:26 PM
Since it seems it's really the only day I have some spare time, I try and go shooting in the morning. Spent the majority of the day out shopping for ammo.

Walmart on Hwy100/Layton - nothing
Walmart on 27th near Oklahoma - nothing
Walmart on 27th near Rawson - 1 box WWB .40 S&W for $23
Gander Mountain on 27th - Nothing that i've shot before. Some "Lawman" for $24/50 and I know i can get the UMC at the range for cheaper.

Farm & Fleet on Rawson - only had 10 boxes of UMC .40 S&W but it was $15/50 rounds, so i bought the max i could (5 boxes) Had nothing else in pistol caliber except some .380 stuff. I will probably head there tomorrow to buy the rest if it's still available.

Anyways, did alot better shooting today. Just went by myself. There was a group next to me that I think either rented some guns or had their own. Were shooting a Desert Eagle .44cal. It was LOUD. Somone in the group shot the target holder OFF the rope. Little unnerving to see that happen, so positioned myself all the way to the other side. Just took my time and had some fun.

First time shooting MY new XD9, and it was awesome. So much smoother than my G22. Put about 100rds through that. Did shoot the glock too and that was aot better than the outing last weekend. Maybe another 100rds through that one. But that XD is SOOO smooth.

Overall a good fun day. They got in the M&P15 I think I want. It's a tough decision between that GSG-5 and the M&P. Weird though that while they are $150 higher than most places on the GSG, they were $50 LOWER than most places on the M&P.

That pic makes me look about 100x's better than I am, but there was a couple fliers that were outside. And this isn't a small target, it's one of those 24"x24" ones. So I'm no marksmen, haha.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/Jan10-10.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/DSC00652.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i209/z28kid98/Gun%20Stuff/DSC00651.jpg

Reverend Cooper
01-10-2010, 07:06 PM
Wish you would called,I would have went

Silver350
01-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Wish you would called,I would have went

x2

MurphysLaw88GT
01-10-2010, 09:04 PM
The GSG-5 is no longer being sold after current stocks in country are sold out because HK sued their ass. So if you would like one... do it.

October 12, 2009

Re: Heckler and Koch, Inc. vs. German Sport Guns GmbH, American Tactical Imports,
Inc. Civil Action No. 1 : 09-cv-00039-WTL-JMS (S.D. Indiana)

For immediate release,

We are very pleased to report that the litigation filed by Heckler & Koch, Inc. against
German Sport Guns GmbH and its U.S. distributor, American Tactical Imports, Inc.,
together with all counterclaims, has been settled.

The terms of the settlement are confidential to the parties and cannot be disclosed. A
dismissal of the above-referenced litigation, and all of the party’s claims against each
other, is expected to be filed in the near future.

Attorneys for H&K will be issuing a statement. The attorneys for ATI have already
issued a statement announcing the settlement.

Production and importation of the original design GSG-5 ceased as of Oct, 8, 2009 with
the signing of the agreement. The remaining inventory now in the USA can be sold by
ATI, all distributors and dealers. ATI currently has GSG-5’s in stock.

All sales of the GSG-5 by ATI must conclude by January 31, 2010. ATI will continue to
service every firearm that it imports into the USA.

Thank you for your support.

Anthony DiChario
President C.E.O.
American Tactical Imports, Inc.

Reverend Cooper
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
hmmmm ati is the distributor for the ar15 410 uppers

MurphysLaw88GT
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Yep ATI carries a few of the Turkish guns from MKEK and elsewhere.

Crawlin
01-10-2010, 10:29 PM
I heard about the GSG stuff. I read it on the AR15.com site in the armory. They have a specific GSG forum that's very cool. Lots of neat stuff to do to them.

Just a tough decision. Heard alot more "good" things about the M&P. At this point for a .22 I'd want reliability and easy of use/tear down to be the main selling points.

$459.99 at Badger for the M&P and $479.99 at Shooter's Shop for the GSG.

I made a promise to myself to wait till tax return for yet another new toy, but they are so cheap and I'll burn through that much in 9mm and 40 ammo anyways, haha.

Crawlin
01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
Supposedly, the lawsuit "settlement" was to keep ATI quiet during the release of their own MP5 lookalike .22lr rifle. Which they now have out. This is all hearsay of course. So we'll see what the guys at ATI have to say come the first of February. All I know is that on teh AR15 forums, they are excited for the 1st. That leads me to believe that they have something similar coming out.

Moparjim
01-11-2010, 10:04 AM
For what my non expert opinion is worth, I bought a GSG this last year and it is probably now my favorite gun that I own. It is ridiculously fun AND CHEAP to shoot, and way more accurate than I ever expected. I am a total amateur shooter and out of the box with the iron sight and with the cheapest .22 gun show ammo I could find I could half rapid fire an entire clip into a 1" circle at 50 feet or so at Badgers indoor range. Even out as far as the rifle range there goes - 50 yards maybe? I could put them all in maybe a 2" group. Again this is an amateur shooting cheap ammo at a "screwing around half rapid fire" rate!

I was very impressed with it, and like I said it is just flat out FUN to shoot. Little to no recoil, nice smooth trigger/action, and dirt cheap ammo.