PDA

View Full Version : Idea for this year's cruising season...

TheRX7Project
01-10-2010, 05:13 PM
This idea's been on my mind for a while, what do you guys think:

Small Business Cruises. Why don't we help support some of the local small businesses, simply by doing what we love- eating and hanging out with our cars and friends.

Like that little Root Beer place on Arcadian (Greenfiend) in Waukesha, or A&W on 27th (if they open... they are for sale), or Leon's, or Boy Blue on 84th and Lincoln... I'm sure they could use a little financial boost, and it would be a good time for us.

Would any of you be up for this?

MoCkiN U
01-10-2010, 05:40 PM
hmmm. sounds like a good idea

michelle
01-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Sounds good in theory!

TheRX7Project
01-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Sounds good in theory!
So does Communism but that's exactly what I'm worried about. I'm all for making this happen but I'd need to know that more people than just myself would be "in".

Yooformula
01-10-2010, 06:03 PM
Sounds good in theory!

exactly until you run into a bunch of business owners that dont want the car guys hanging out there or the ricers ruin it. I would talk to the owners or managers of the places you have in mind prior to the season starting and get the ok then make up a route or destination stop for each day.

Reverend Cooper
01-10-2010, 07:27 PM
not to mention there are so many other shows,cruises,open houses,power tour and such its hard to keep up with it all now.

Josepy
01-10-2010, 07:49 PM
well the power tour doent come close to WI. I think late model throttle should do weekly get together or every other week. they did it in the past and it was cool. friday night would be cool. im going to talk to jeff.

Reverend Cooper
01-10-2010, 07:53 PM
Yeah that would be cool.but i think this guys wants to go to a bunch of other places as well not just one.
people will still do the power tour,its just as much of a ride as woodward.

-stew-
01-10-2010, 08:54 PM
More shit on Saturdays and Sundays. Some of us work second shift.

jbiscuit
01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Anytime we went to Gilles it was awesome. Great place for a bunch of classic cars, nice outdoor seating etc. Perfect Spot. I always thought a takeover of Kopps on Bluemound would be cool too. Great location

Josepy
01-10-2010, 10:47 PM
Anytime we went to Gilles it was awesome. Great place for a bunch of classic cars, nice outdoor seating etc. Perfect Spot. I always thought a takeover of Kopps on Bluemound would be cool too. Great location

x2 Gilles. I forgot about that.

JC70SS
01-10-2010, 11:02 PM
gilles was cool. Leon's is way to small of a lot plus they are always packed.

Ah.....the muskego burger king days!

TheRX7Project
01-11-2010, 12:04 AM
IDK, if the business owners have a problem with making money then so be it. I can talk to them before hand and maybe make up a "calendar of events".

My idea is simply to do a weekly/monthly/whenever cruise to a random location where we can all meet, eat, and hang out. Seems simple enough to me. You guys are making it more difficult.

I'd also like to spread it around on different days, even if it's days I can't go. I work the garbage 7pm-7am at Quad, 4 nights a week (sometimes more in the summer), so I know all about stuff being scheduled when you just can't be there. I'd like to set it so it's not "every Monday" or "every Wednesday" because that sucks for some people. So say we do it Monday one week, we could do it Wednesday the next week, then Friday, then Sunday, etc. so nobody is "left out" every week, because I know how hard that sucks.

Toss up location ideas and we can see where it goes. I'll contact the business owners myself, or if any of you know said business owners just say so.

Root Beer stand on Arcadian (I'll get a name)
Gilles in Waukesha
Kopps in Waukesha
A&W on 27th if they're open

Keep the ideas coming.

shoooo32
01-11-2010, 07:07 AM
I disagree with creating any more "events". Coop is right, there is way to much on the schedule as it is. I think what we need is a parking lot that is large enough to handle a group of cars but away from businesses and heavy traffic that tends to bring the law around. As well, if your at a place of business, you can't tell ricers to fvck off as you could if you were at a remote location. I'm looking for a place to bullshit and bench race (besides the internet:goof), not win a trophy or get a free soda while fifty old timers come up and ask if the cobra is "real" when it's clearly not.

pOrk
01-11-2010, 07:22 AM
I think any car guy supporting Leons is a retard. Leons banned loitering back in the 80s in their lot and they constantly bitched to the city about the cruising / cruisers on 27th st in the 70's.

jbiscuit
01-11-2010, 07:55 AM
Gilles is in Tosa just an FYI. And it seemed to work just fine to plan a date here on BCM and then just show up there. I think they liked the added business generated. Plus there were NO d-bags in the lot like highway 100 which is a HUGE plus!

wrath
01-11-2010, 10:27 AM
Root Beer stand on Arcadian (I'll get a name)

It is/was called John's Drive-In. It's next to a bar (Billy something, I forget) and on the other side of the bar is Waukesha's second best manual car wash. I don't particularly like that part of town due to all the destructive children.

Gilles in Waukesha

Where's this at? I thought there was just one in Milwaukee?

Kopps in Waukesha
City/Town of Brookfield were policing this heavily last fall.

Oscar's in Waukesha (by Taco Bell/Target/Gander Mountain/Super Menard's) is a cheap burger place but the driveway sucks.

Where Moreland and Delafield intersect in Waukesha (where the old Sentry is there is now a Gold's Gym) is a Starbucks, Sal's Pizza, and Subway (and Mack's Frozen Custard closed so the brothers could take care of the Dad).

There's Chancery in Waukesha (by Kohl's, intersection of Main and Moreland). Around the corner from it is an ice cream shop and the strip mall along Moreland has a bunch of places to eat.

Some ricers hang out near Big Guys and Pizza Hut in Waukesha (Grandview and Summit/US18).

The European Import guys hang out near Gasthaus (Grandview and Silvernail) whether there is a car show or not. There are a bunch of places to eat around here. Was pretty sparse last year though.

Summit/US18 and Meadowbrook/Merril Hills/G/TT is a Sentry and a McDonald's. The highschoolers hang out at the McDonald's.

PureSound15
01-11-2010, 11:27 AM
My idea is simply to do a weekly/monthly/whenever cruise to a random location where we can all meet, eat, and hang out. Seems simple enough to me. You guys are making it more difficult.

I know you haven't been around here for too long - but the
process of having lots of people show up at one place for no other reason then to shoot the shit and hang out is impossible.

Don't take any of it personal, after the 4 or 5 events I've planned for BCM, I know now that non of them would have happened without help from others and a complete understanding that you cannot make everyone happy.

Set a date and a place. Whoever shows, shows.

jbiscuit
01-11-2010, 12:44 PM
^ exactly. Anyone that was coming out to Gilles when we had that going knows it was a fun time. We picked a nice day and went with it. Whoever showed showed. There were a couple nights though where the parking lot was almost all cool cars!

TheRX7Project
01-11-2010, 01:52 PM
Like I said it's just an idea thus far.

I pretty much would just "toss up a date and a place and see who shows". I'm not expecting everyone to show, I'm not trying to make an "event". I don't want some cheesy DJ spinning Oldies, or trophies or free sodas or whatever.

I just want to support local small businesses with a large enough group of car guys to have an impact. We show up, we eat, we shoot the shit, and we go home.

RanJer
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
It is/was called John's Drive-In. It's next to a bar (Billy something, I forget)

It's still John's, not sure it's Drive-in or Root Beer Stand. And the bar next to it is Billy D's.

As far as the idea itself, I doubt it would work as planned. Just get ahold of people as you go. Seems to work well enough for me. I was at Gilles 3 times last summer with bcm'ers.

Beagle
01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
Everyone should cruise somewhere else. like capital drive in Brookfield or something. Dirty Stallis is....... well Dirty Stallis.

GTSLOW
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I vote for business hopping. Going somewhere for a few hours. Granted the owner doesn't mind.

Esperman
01-28-2010, 07:15 PM
what about a Sonic? We could all just take up 10 or 20 drive in stalls.
one on 27th & Layton, one on howell in Oak Creek.

PureSound15
01-28-2010, 07:51 PM
what about a Sonic? We could all just take up 10 or 20 drive in stalls.
one on 27th & Layton, one on howell in Oak Creek.

sperm

I lold

Firefighter Z
01-28-2010, 08:39 PM
^^^ lol wtf

TheRX7Project
01-29-2010, 08:27 AM
Sonic isn't really a local "indie" business... which is kinda my goal is to help them.

Esperman
01-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Sonic isn't really a local "indie" business... which is kinda my goal is to help them.

good luck finding those.

Kopps?

TheRX7Project
01-29-2010, 03:51 PM
There's quite a few I can think of off the top of my head.

lordairgtar
01-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Like I said it's just an idea thus far.

I pretty much would just "toss up a date and a place and see who shows". I'm not expecting everyone to show, I'm not trying to make an "event". I don't want some cheesy DJ spinning Oldies, or trophies or free sodas or whatever.

I just want to support local small businesses with a large enough group of car guys to have an impact. We show up, we eat, we shoot the shit, and we go home.
Who you callin' a cheesy DJ? But anyway, how about Murph's in Waukesha?

spooln30
01-31-2010, 05:01 AM
I say try the old school 27th street thing. But then I also will say the ghetto heads would be out in force.Sucks. One good thing d and b's opens in march. But a new spot is needed. More ideas. Maybe Layton?

spooln30
01-31-2010, 05:04 AM
I say try the old school 27th street thing. But then I also will say the ghetto heads would be out in force.Sucks. One good thing d and b's opens in march. But a new spot is needed. More ideas. Maybe Layton?

btw who has the sliver gtr with gozilla plates. I had a laugh with the plates.

wrath
01-31-2010, 08:07 AM
Kind of out of the way, never ate there, but it's got a decent parking lot behind it:
http://www.bubbasfrozencustard.com/index.htm

It's on Capitol just west of 164. Behind it is more secluded (the parking lot by Elliot's Ace) and not as noticeable from Capitol. It's eyeshot from the old Ashley Furniture.

Not sure how heavily policed it's going to be now that the Waukesha County Sheriff does the policing (City of Pewaukee police department no longer exists).

jbiscuit
01-31-2010, 10:34 AM
another idea I had was for 'Wheels at Webbs' on Sunday mornings or the like. Basically take over a Webbs with hot rods

97z2801ss
01-31-2010, 08:30 PM
gilles was cool. Leon's is way to small of a lot plus they are always packed.

Ah.....the muskego burger king days!

:rolf:rolf:thumbsup

shoooo32
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
another idea I had was for 'Wheels at Webbs' on Sunday mornings or the like. Basically take over a Webbs with hot rods

that's a great idea. Then I could look at cars instead of the mole on the waitresses neck. I kid, webbs kicks ass and the one on bluemound has a huge parking lot.

TheRX7Project
02-01-2010, 04:50 AM
I like the "Wheels at Webbs" idea. Mmmm Webbs Benedict...

jbiscuit
02-01-2010, 10:32 AM
The Webbs on Greenfield Ave and Calhoun (New Berlin) has a huge parking lot as well. There is a group of hot rod guys in Kenosha that used to do this. Very successful and fun

CATNHAT
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
We should meet at SILK! Decent Parking lot, when we are done looking at cars, we could go inside and look at the new models headlights and exhaust! Should be able get in for free to with all the free passes floating around??

lordairgtar
02-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Some of our wimmin folk might not like that...I know mine won't:goof

b4mytm
02-02-2010, 06:15 AM

I like it! The one that we go to before Borchardts have a huge parking lot too.
27th and College.

jbiscuit
02-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Good call Becky! You are right that would be a great location also. We can try and get this going this season for sure. MMMMM Webb's hashbrowns

Josepy
02-02-2010, 08:13 AM
Im up for it. ^

Injunnuity
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
It's still John's, not sure it's Drive-in or Root Beer Stand. And the bar next to it is Billy D's.

Hey would live to have you guys come out to John's Root Beer We do a show on the third Thursday of June, July, and August (17th 16th & 20th ) John has some specials and at the end of the year we take a check over to the food pantry. Are show has been going on for over 10 years :banana

TheRX7Project
02-03-2010, 03:48 AM
Huh. Never knew you guys had a show. I'm sure we can make some appearances.