PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin and Guns

Silver350
01-09-2010, 10:37 PM
Wow media about badger guns, then Fletchers and now Gun activist sueing the state over gun distance you must be from a school and carrying a firearm.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/81034582.html

Crawlin
01-09-2010, 11:12 PM
go to www.opencarry.org and read up on the wisconsin section and the open carry laws.

they are VERY well versed on this stuff. If your private property is within 1000ft of a school, you are still LEGALLY able to open carry on your property because it is PRIVATE land. They cannot prosecute you for that and the Rock guy has a very good case.

Those guys on that site quote state statutes like gospels at a church gathering. They know them inside and out. And imagine, all this crap and public outcry would go away if they just changed it from open carry to concealed carry. Cause on open carry, you don't need a permit or schooling/testing like you would a CCW, and you'd have half the public outcry as to feeling unsafe because they see it on your hip

moels
01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
My backyard runs into the elementary school and I could legally work in the yard with a sidearm in open view. Not that I would or have the need, but legally I could.

Concealed carry makes sense for the reasons stated above.

Rocket Power
01-10-2010, 12:53 PM
CCW FTW. Open carry is more trouble than it's worth IMO. You get hassled, the bad guys know you have a gun, so if they are going to do something their going to take you out first. CCW is way better

LIL EVO
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
On February 22, a new law on guns in national parks takes effect. The law repeals a National Park Service rule that has long prohibited Americans from lawfully possessing firearms in national parks for self-defense.

The new law, passed last spring by an overwhelming bipartisan vote in the U.S. Senate, will allow people to possess, carry and transport firearms in national parks, in accordance with state law.

However, many details remain to be worked out. Reports indicate that National Park Service officials are debating issues such as the definition of "federal facilities," where firearms will remain prohibited under a different federal law.