PDA

View Full Version : Your vehicular to-do list of 2010

TheRX7Project
01-08-2010, 08:04 AM
Like it says, what's your To-Do list look like for your cars this year?

The Sauce-
GET RUNNING RIGHT AGAIN
Fix driver's side window
Put on correct front bumper (own it already!)
Install aluminum radiator and e-fan (since I already have them!)
Replace leaking clutch master and slave
Relocate battery
Remove carpet, sound deadener, excess weight from interior
Replace seats with lightweight units
Replace custom dash panel with nicer looking one, rewire gauges
Figure out where the hell that coolant leak is

The Belv-
Install new aftermarket brake master and whatever brake lines need to be replaced
Fix voltage regulator or upgrade to 1-wire alternator
Fix heater (stuck on- sucks in the summer)
Install Caddy buckets, measure for rear seat
Remove nasty carpet, fix hole in floor
Fix motor mount
Install basic gauges (temp, oil press, voltage)
De-trim, fill holes, primer

Wishlist:
Rims and tires for the 7
6-port 13B for the 7
Fuel pump + pressure regulator for the 7
Hook up the nitrous in the 7
New carpet in the Belv
1-wire alt for the Belv

0TransAm0
01-08-2010, 08:14 AM
new shocks on all 4 corners
upper and lower adj. A-arms
adj torque arm
new wheels(slicks and skinnies)
front and rear sway bars
polished PCM cover
nastynate polished valve covers and coil brackets..

thats about all i want for this year. just waiting for my 8k tax credit. from buying the house.

oh and possably purchase a new to me truck.. something 05 and newer with 4 wheel drive. extended cab

Josepy
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
new shocks on all 4 corners
upper and lower adj. A-arms
adj torque arm
new wheels(slicks and skinnies)
front and rear sway bars
polished PCM cover
nastynate polished valve covers and coil brackets..

thats about all i want for this year. just waiting for my 8k tax credit. from buying the house.

oh and possably purchase a new to me truck.. something 05 and newer with 4 wheel drive. extended cab

Did you copy my list? :rolf

0TransAm0
01-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Did you copy my list? :rolf

:) i see no list that you speek of :thumbsup

jbiscuit
01-08-2010, 08:32 AM
get intake and carb gaskets replaced
pull motor and trans
replace engine mounts and crossmember mounts
Get 4-speed swapped
shorten driveshaft
add billet carrier bearing
add second upper control arm to rearend
get new block to machine shop to get hot tanked and checked out
get crank polished
order rotating assembly

PureSound15
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
Swap out IRS bolts and bushings for the MaximumMotorsports kit I have to pick up today
Mount 315s -
Find hood to go with that will work better with bumper that's being painted
Swap out trunk for new painted one
New bypass/blow off valve so I can haz boost
Finish polishing my exhaust
If I'm feeling frisky I'll strip the car and dynomat/audio install
Brakes all around

Josepy
01-08-2010, 08:43 AM
:) i see no list that you speek of :thumbsup

I know. I like your list though.
Mine....

Rip out the whole interior with Ryan. Dynomat it.
Install all new speaker wires and new JL audio speakers.
Get front bumper repainted. (fvcking turkey)
Snow performance methanol?
Change Blower Pulley?
Sell 2 rims and replace with 18x10.5 in the rear.
New Head Unit
4.11 gears.
New 14 inch Zo6 brakes with CTSV calipers. (brembos)

xxtremeteam
01-08-2010, 08:48 AM
new head unit in
new tires on had since feb 09
full length sub frame connectors-in garage
ordering under drive pullies,a/c delete,air pump delete and new serp belt
electric fan
color sand and buff paint in april
most important drive it more this year!! didnt even put 1000 miles on last year

Karps TA
01-08-2010, 08:51 AM
Take care of some minor shit.
Create really nice For Sale sign and ad.

jbiscuit
01-08-2010, 08:52 AM
^ whaaaat!?

BAD LS1
01-08-2010, 08:54 AM

fivonut
01-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Like it says, what's your To-Do list look like for your cars this year?

Liquidate everything...

JC70SS
01-08-2010, 09:12 AM
more boost!
12 bolt
Oscars!

Exitspeed
01-08-2010, 09:13 AM
Mel's 2010 Car To-Do List:

BUY A 240!

Josepy
01-08-2010, 09:18 AM
more boost!
12 bolt
Oscars!

I want to see whose motor lasts longer. Yours that is forged or mine that is not. LOL

twicks69
01-08-2010, 09:22 AM
My offseason consists of several projects for the Eclipse.

*Add onto roll cage for 8.49-slower passes. Also, parachute/bracketry and window net/bracketry, and battery cutoff/relocation.

*Saturn 250 Amp alternator swap with relocation to backside of block.

*Redo engine wiring harness.

*Fab up a street exhaust that connects to my current V-band 3.5" setup out of 3.5" aluminum or SS and get an additional resonator in the stream. Keep the po-po's off my back when I am driving around on the street.

*Re-install my AEM Twin-Fire CDI ignition box after it returns from AEM for service. Redo wiring for quick-release connections using Deutsch connectors so that WHEN IT DOES FAIL AGAIN, I can easily remove it from the equation and reinstall my OEM ignitor into the harness.

*Upgrade front brakes from regular 12.2" Wilwood directionally vaned rotors to new set of scalloped 12.2" rotors along with media blasting the rotor hubs and re-anodizing them back to gold.

*Upgrade the rear brakes from stock w/ pads & lines to 11.75"x0.81" scalloped rotors w/ Wilwood calipers (NDL 4-piston's or Dynapro 2-piston's), new lines, pads, custom hubs and bracketry.

*Hydraulic staging brake, remove cable E-brake assembly.

*Quad fuel pump assembly (twin in-tank Walbros w/ twin in-line Walbros), individual -6AN feeds w/ -8AN return, and prepare SMIM for additional set of injectors on top of the FIC BM 1350's. Likely will be BM 1650's or ID 2200cc's.

*Make a logic controller and LED warning display for the fuel pump assembly to use 4 bi-color LED's to show fuel pump function, along with warning LED setup to function based upon pressure differential between fuel pressure and boost pressure, and get it to work with AEM EMS to enable a fuel-cut if a pump takes a crapper on me under load. Sounds easier than it will be to do, but there are options that I am researching currently to enable these functions.

*Redo water pump -20AN fitting, as the Jay Racing forward facing reusable fitting leaks around the o-ring on the plug-side.

*Redo upper radiator water neck on the thermostat assembly with a new piece, then weld on a fresh fitting to prevent weld contamination.

*Do something with the stock coolant overflow unit.

*Upgrade the breather catch can to use more ventilation points off the valve cover or oil cap, and then weld in an exhaust bung for recirculation into the exhaust stream instead of the intake pipe, or in conjunction with it.

*Rebuild a couple transmissions with different components to see what works out best for the car.

*Work with Quarter Master to make my prototype clutch into a production level clutch for the rest of the community to use and bring a better design to the table that will be less likely to fail, while having greater than 900-1000TQ capacity.

*Drop rear end, and install an Evo 3 clutch-type LSD, proper axle cups, upgraded bushings, and my 1/4"-plate super-reinforced 2G rear diff cover.

*Drop fuel tank and replace with a custom aluminum Bolt-in fuel cell.

*Get an upgraded driver-side seat. Sparco Evo or Pro 2000 comes to mind! :headbang

*Re-torque head studs. Do leakdown and compression tests. Drop oil pan and inspect main and rod bearings.

*Fabricate up some larger IC pipes (3.0").

*Try out a larger throttle body as an upgrade from my 1G 60mm throttle body I currently run.

*Maybe dabble in a twin M15 nozzle custom Meth injection setup and one of AEM's new kick-ass meth injection flow gauges, and a 5-gallon cell in the hatch.

*Play a bit more with the current Borg Warner S400SX3 74mm turbo, then try out a Garrett GTX4202R and maybe even Bullseye Turbo's Comp 83mm turbo (Think Garrett GT4718R-sized).

*What else....update safety equipment for the expired things.

*Make lots of customer transmissions, and start dabbling in rebuilding 2G Automatic AWD transmissions, T56 transmissions and whatever else comes my way.

I think I have alot of learning to do this winter, and I cannot wait for it! :headbang :headbang

Now, lets see what I actually get accomplished....!

SSLEVO
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Damn Tim, did you ever get the car down the track this year? I know you were working on your new setup last winter/spring. I suppose you'll need that larger alternator for FOUR fuel pumps, lol.

Car Guy
01-08-2010, 11:34 AM
My resolution this year: OUT with the old and IN with new......:headbang

Prince Valiant
01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Since my wife is leaving her job, I'm going to hold back a little on the plans...the debate in my head is to do body/interior and get it perfect? Or get the drivetrain I want? I've put away a good amount of money to do this, but now want to stretch what I have longer since less will be coming in.

I'm leaning toward drivetrain, since it's easiest/quickest/cheapest.

Hopefully she'll when she returns to the workforce, it'll be a significantly higher paying position (not hard to do), and we'll be sitting pretty.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-08-2010, 12:00 PM
install a catch can on the 07

new top and paint the hood on the fox, if i do not sell it before then.

lordairgtar
01-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Try and keep it reasonably clean and replace rusted wheel covers that rusted because I was too damned lazy to pull them off for winter:mad:

WhatsADSM
01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
New tires, probably Z1 Star Spec.

Downsize turbos to something like a BB PTE 6262... Maybe a billet 35r?

Finish my interor work (rammat and carpet).

Drive the SHIT out of it :)

WhatsADSM
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh yea, I gotta get a new DD. Elantra's is fine, but I gotta get rid of it for something with a little more utility/luxury. Gotta grow up sometime I guess.

Prince Valiant
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Oh yea, I gotta get a new DD. Elantra's is fine, but I gotta get rid of it for something with a little more utility/luxury. Gotta grow up sometime I guess.Totally...something more fitting with the rest of Whitefish Bay :mad: :goof

Holeshot
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Struts and shocks
Rear springs
Remove for sale sign that fell in the door
Drive it more LOL

WhatsADSM
01-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Totally...something more fitting with the rest of Whitefish Bay :mad: :goof

Funny, and also kind of true. I swear my neighbors talk about my "loud race car" and "crappy korean car" behind my back, along with calling me a youngster :fire

I'm not sure my short list of SRX, Tribeca, or Forester XT will fit in either since the majority of the cars out here are foriegn luxury. Not sure the caddy or suby are the WFB style. :goof

There actually was a funny incident once; I was getting top soil delivered and my wife went outside to tell them where to dump it, and the guy told her "I think I talked to your dad".... Sometimes when we get solicitors we answer the door and say "oh sorry my parents aren't home" :rolf :rolf

HY35F2T
01-08-2010, 04:13 PM
Get shit done.

sloLs1
01-08-2010, 04:20 PM
completly rebuild the v8saturn

get slicks for my nitrous car

and drive the shit outta both of them!

OxmanWI
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Things to do with / for 2006 Chevy Cobalt LS in the year of our lord 2010:

- Change headlight fluid
- Oil gerbil wheel
- Clean dry blood from dead hooker transport to Lake Michigan
- Aim for road kill while driving at high speeds
- Smoke crack and drink beer while driving pass police station yelling obscenities and blaring horn.
- Attach 25 foot flag pole to roof of car and attempt the first car to pole vault.
- Run over fat ugly chicks because god does not love them anymore

Rocket Power
01-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Get the interior installed that I got for graduation, get a carb put together for it. Find a couple 15x7 plain steelies so I can rock the dog dishes. Now that I have a ten minute commute I'll have more time to do stuff and will actually be able to afford to drive it too.:headbang

TheRX7Project
01-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Oh yea, I gotta get a new DD. Elantra's is fine, but I gotta get rid of it for something with a little more utility/luxury. Gotta grow up sometime I guess.

I'll take the Elantra off your hands if you can hook me up with a decent price. A newer DD is on my list as well. Probably end up buying another Focus (that makes 5).

Jeff
01-08-2010, 08:04 PM
2008 Mustang Bullitt: All I would really like to do to it this year is put in gears (swap the stock 3.73's to 4.30's) and get a baseline dyno tune on it.

PB86MCSS
01-08-2010, 09:07 PM
Maybe some new valve covers & air cleaner to dress up the SS underhood, a few odds & ends and try to drive it as much as I can and hopefully get it back to GLD maybe with some stickies. For the 87' potentially a "tune" to get it to reach its current potential, couple other odds & ends. The Buick I might replace the front calipers and timing chain/damper this spring if I get motivated as preventative maintenance.

95mustang302
01-08-2010, 09:48 PM
get a damn engine back in the thing...

1320PNY
01-08-2010, 10:01 PM
* Steeda UCA.

Really just hoping to be able to drive it sometime. New kid, work blowing up, money being tight, car is secondary.

Maybe get some new pads for my DA Polisher and spend some time in the garage.

BlackLightning
01-09-2010, 09:35 AM
I am only planning on putting in a solid rear window in place of the slider. I have had it sitting here for a year but I am trying to sand the textured trim down so I can paint it body color and that's taking forever.

T-Bag
01-09-2010, 11:41 AM
-Pyro, boost, tranny temp gauges
-Change oil
-Switch to Smart Jr. programmer
-Pray that my tranny lines come sometime this year? Fuck Dodge, 4 months and my lines are still on BO.
-Pray tranny doesn't fall apart. If tranny falls part go to Plan B

Plan B
-Rebuild trans, Goerend converter, billet input shaft, valve body, etc
-Run best tune.

Burgandy85SS
01-09-2010, 03:10 PM
Always have plans but they never get done.
Im thinking about lowering the SS and tinting the windows.
Also putting in the new AC compressor and getting the air to work, otherwise it be a hot drive to kentucky inn june.

Rocket Power
01-09-2010, 05:44 PM
Always have plans but they never get done.

Story of my life.:rolf

HP ADDICT
01-09-2010, 09:11 PM
For the Z06
-Install new wheels, drop it and align it.
-Sell stockers and replace with black 18x12 to run a 345 DR in the back for the track/mexico runs.
-Short shifter install MGW most likely
-Replace door speakers with somthing nicer. Anyone want to help me with the door panels and speaker selection I would appreciate it.

PureSound15
01-09-2010, 09:32 PM
For the Z06
-Install new wheels, drop it and align it.
-Sell stockers and replace with black 18x12 to run a 345 DR in the back for the track/mexico runs.
-Short shifter install MGW most likely
-Replace door speakers with somthing nicer. Anyone want to help me with the door panels and speaker selection I would appreciate it.

Do vettes still have a gigantic woofer in the door? There are some pretty cool replacement options that will help keep the lower end of the spectrum within the factory locations.

84hurst
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
New front tires for the RST.

Rebuild/clean carb on the Hurst, not sure the exact problem but it seems to fall on it face ocasionally and seems to run on 4 cylinders. Prolly from sitting for 1.5 years!

Sell the Camaro. :( I think I only put 50 mi on it if that last year. As fun as it is to drive I enjoy my RST a lot more!

Slow Joe
01-09-2010, 09:41 PM
04 Mustang Mach 1
-Detail
-Possibly Get New Tires
-Sell Car
-Buy House.

wrath
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Pay off the G6. Maybe pick up a 68-69 GTO. Finish the on board air on the Silverado.

HP ADDICT
01-10-2010, 12:53 AM
Do vettes still have a gigantic woofer in the door? There are some pretty cool replacement options that will help keep the lower end of the spectrum within the factory locations.

Yes I believe it is a 10" or somthing like that in the door. If you have any suggestions let me know. I want to keep the factory deck for the nav.

madmike
01-10-2010, 03:53 AM
get the body work and paint done on the 72 Dart so i can drop the HEMI in there and go for a spin before I die of old age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michelle
01-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Change the oil and put some of my interior back in. I'd like my center console back, but that would require switching the carpet back to the old carpet that has the section cut out.

Finish tuning it to my liking as well. Would be nice to see it on the dyno again.

johnny--2k
01-10-2010, 06:11 PM
install full lenght sub frame connectors and rear diff brace
17x10 replica rears with some meats on em
drop
intake
tune
heat exchanger
HAVE SOME FUN!!!

for the exploder sport trac
drive the piss out of it in the rain and snow....

2000navyz
01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
hope the motor doesnt blow up...

Voodoo Chick
01-10-2010, 08:14 PM
Completely restoring the '89.

0TransAm0
01-13-2010, 01:49 PM
well i just ordered my shocks and decided to get some blackbird stripes for the hood.. got them in flatt black.

Fast SVT
01-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Get stereo installed at Project Two as soon as it back from Kurgan.