PDA

View Full Version : Ideas please

STKMACH
05-16-2004, 08:46 PM
Got a mint 83 T/A with the junk Cross Fire. I was thinking of an LT-1 swap suggestions please.

Prince Valiant
05-16-2004, 08:55 PM
Got a mint 83 T/A with the junk Cross Fire. I was thinking of an LT-1 swap suggestions please.
Register it as a hobbyist and swap in a 454/496/502/etc...Or just build a good budget 350/383 with a carb...either way=win in my book.

STKMACH
05-16-2004, 08:59 PM
Got collectors plates already and passed emissions already Im good for life now. Thanks for your thoughts. Hobbyist plates would be the way to go for doing what you mentioned ?

Knyghtmare
05-17-2004, 05:42 PM
I was very close to doing an LT1 swap myself, but then I got this LS1 that I just couldnt pass up. :cool2: Kory here has already done the LT1 swap into his 88 IROC.

STKMACH
05-17-2004, 11:50 PM
You put the LS1 in your 91 Camaro? What did you have to do to get it to fit right? Any fabricating, Longer or shorter drive shaft, move motor mounts? Im very interested in the LS1 swap idea any info would be appreciated

Prince Valiant
05-18-2004, 07:52 AM
Got collectors plates already and passed emissions already Im good for life now. Thanks for your thoughts. Hobbyist plates would be the way to go for doing what you mentioned ? Technically yes, as with collector plates it is supposed to remain stock appearing with stock powertrain available from that particular car and that particular year. Hobbyist plates are for those who wish to change the vehicles appearence/looks in any way shape form.

I don't think it matters though...I've seen many a collector plates on vehicles that are obviously not stock.

Knyghtmare
05-18-2004, 07:14 PM
You put the LS1 in your 91 Camaro? What did you have to do to get it to fit right? Any fabricating, Longer or shorter drive shaft, move motor mounts? Im very interested in the LS1 swap idea any info would be appreciated

Actually you can get motor mounts and tranny crossmembers pre-made now. Spohn makes them, I got mine through F-Body Motorsports. My drive shaft is still stock length.