PDA

View Full Version : Throwback Pepsi = AWESOME...!!!

Car Guy
01-08-2010, 12:57 AM
Just before flying out of Mitchell Airport yesterday I spotted a bottle of throwback Pepsi sitting in a vending machine. I wanted to try it ever since hitting the market and didn't care about the $3.00 price. The soda itself is GREAT and I also love the old school logo, too cool. It brings back fond memories of my childhood when I would get buzzed at my Grandparent's house off their unlimited supply......:devil

GTSLOW
01-08-2010, 01:15 AM
http://www.slashfood.com/2010/01/04/pepsi-unveils-new-throwback/

Car Guy
01-08-2010, 01:43 AM
I forgot to mention I picked up a 12-pack from Target today, half are gone already......:banana1:

Windsors 03 Cobra
01-08-2010, 06:56 AM
Cuban Sugar>Nebraska Corn.

I drink quite a bit of Pepsi but must say Coca~Cola>Pepsi.

animal
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Pepsi FTW IMO. I love the throwback, I wish they had it more places.

07ROUSHSTG3
01-08-2010, 08:58 AM
i have been drinking the throwback dew and pepsi like it is going out of style.....well, because i guess it already did, LOL!

Exitspeed
01-08-2010, 09:05 AM
Yeah I love the shit. I wish they would bring it out permanently. And I wish they would do Throwback Cherry Coke.

xxtremeteam
01-08-2010, 09:08 AM
Yeah I love the shit. I wish they would bring it out permanently. And I wish they would do Throwback Cherry Coke.

I agree throw back cherry coke would kick ass or even throw back coke

Car Guy
01-08-2010, 09:34 AM
i have been drinking the throwback dew

I also tried a bottle of throwback Dew and can't believe how much of a difference there is compared to modern day Dew....

Prince Valiant
01-08-2010, 10:37 AM
I agree throw back cherry coke would kick ass or even throw back coke
You can get the mexican cokes (real sugar) at most newer pic n' saves. I'm pretty sure the whole foods store carries it as well. (look in the ethnic food sections I believe...)

It's a little "flatter" w/o as much carbonation, but the taste is still superior to regular corn syrup coke imo.

Imo, coke (and especially the mexican/real sugar version) has the more satisfying flavor...sharper, crisper...without the sweet aftertaste [/billcosby].

Coke > Pepsi
Mellow Yellow > Mt. Dew
Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

Of course, all the soda's I highlighted were popular in the south when I was growing up...so my preferences aren't surprising.

Deggy
01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Mountain Dew Throwback is where it's at. I stocked up on a bunch of it.

Deggy
01-08-2010, 10:48 AM
You can get the mexican cokes (real sugar) at most newer pic n' saves. I'm pretty sure the whole foods store carries it as well. (look in the ethnic food sections I believe...)

It's a little "flatter" w/o as much carbonation, but the taste is still superior to regular corn syrup coke imo.

Imo, coke (and especially the mexican/real sugar version) has the more satisfying flavor...sharper, crisper...without the sweet aftertaste [/billcosby].

Coke > Pepsi
Mellow Yellow > Mt. Dew
Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

Of course, all the soda's I highlighted were popular in the south when I was growing up...so my preferences aren't surprising.

Someone told me once that everyone in the south refers to any brand of soda as "coke". Like how we say soda, but in other states its pop. So if I don't want coke, how do I order a Mellow Yellow in the south?

Prince Valiant
01-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Someone told me once that everyone in the south refers to any brand of soda as "coke". Like how we say soda, but in other states its pop. So if I don't want coke, how do I order a Mellow Yellow in the south?Well, if you wanted mellow yellow, you ordered mellow yellow. But if you wanted cola like R.C, Pepsi, Coke, etc....you just ordered "coke;" you never were asked "Is pepsi okay?" or told "well we carry R.C." You just got whatever cola they had.

It really wasn't soda = coke, but cola = coke. At the same time, probably 98% of the soda's ordered were colas though, so everything was seemingly "coke."

Exitspeed
01-08-2010, 11:42 AM
Well, if you wanted mellow yellow, you ordered mellow yellow. But if you wanted cola like R.C, Pepsi, Coke, etc....you just ordered "coke;" you never were asked "Is pepsi okay?" or told "well we carry R.C." You just got whatever cola they had.

It really wasn't soda = coke, but cola = coke. At the same time, probably 98% of the soda's ordered were colas though, so everything was seemingly "coke."

I wish they would just do that up here. I think it's annoying to be asked.

Whenever I order a cola I always say, "Can I have a Coke or Pepsi please?".

lordairgtar
01-08-2010, 12:05 PM
Mr. Pibb > Dr. Pepper

I ain't nevah heard anyone order up a Mr. Pibb and a Moonpie.:rolf

Deggy
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Well, if you wanted mellow yellow, you ordered mellow yellow. But if you wanted cola like R.C, Pepsi, Coke, etc....you just ordered "coke;" you never were asked "Is pepsi okay?" or told "well we carry R.C." You just got whatever cola they had.

Thank you for clearing that up with me, the guy that explained it to me like "coke" was the universal word for "soda" in the south.

Rocket Power
01-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Target has 12pks of the throwbacks fro $3, not that I got a 12er of dew last night or anything:goof

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 10:36 AM
If anybody knows where throwback Pepsi can still be found please post up, I am having serious withdrawals.....:coffee

animal
03-25-2010, 10:37 AM
In the vending machine at work for me :D Just had one about 5 min ago.

Haven't seen it anywhere otherwise.

jbiscuit
03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
I think its pretty much gone now

xxtremeteam
03-25-2010, 10:52 AM
most gas station in port washington still have pepsi and dew throw back

Cleveland Dave
03-25-2010, 11:46 AM
sams club had it a couple of weeks ago i picked up 4 18 packs of mt.dew and pepsi

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 11:50 AM
i picked up 4 18 packs of mt.dew and pepsi

I did not know the throwback sodas came in 18-packs, all I saw were 20oz. bottles and 12-packs......

Doc Brown
03-25-2010, 01:24 PM
i picked up a 12 pack in Janesville the other day.

my guess is that the outlying areas will be your best bet to score some before it's gone for good.

Rocket Power
03-25-2010, 06:28 PM
The OC Woodmans had some a few days ago, they had a sign saying get it before its gone

PureSound15
03-25-2010, 06:31 PM
They had huge 36 packs of it at Sams Club when I was there a few weeks ago. Both Pepsi and Mountain Dew :)

BOSS LX
03-25-2010, 06:37 PM
Throwback Pepsi is good, throwback Mountain Dew tastes like mouse piss!

Prince Valiant
03-25-2010, 07:19 PM
Apparently you know what mouse piss taste like?!?

badass88gt
03-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Now if they would just put it back in glass bottles......

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
The OC Woodmans had some a few days ago, they had a sign saying get it before its gone

I currently live a mile away and will be there tonight, did not realize Woodman's is open 24/7.....:headbang

throwback Mountain Dew tastes like mouse piss!

YES it does, borderline disgusting.....

Car Guy
03-25-2010, 11:37 PM
I visited Woodman's tonight and only one tray of 24 (dusty) 20oz. bottles remained, now 20 bottles.....:D

Al
03-27-2010, 12:22 PM

"Mountain Wiz, it comes from goats!"

Eleventy billion points if you know where that came from!

DurtyKurty
03-29-2010, 07:24 AM
If you guys like coke and pepsi made with real sugar, you can get them both now for a short time at most grocery stores. Both coke and pepsi make a kosher version made with real sugar because of Lent. My local Sentry has it located in the Kosher food section. The coke has a yellow cap with a triangle on it and lists Sucrose(sugar) instead of HFCS, the pepsi has a white cap with a triangle on it and lists sugar instead of HFCS. Just thought you would all like to know.

97z2801ss
03-29-2010, 07:52 AM
I like the dew and pepsi throw backs they still have it at the gas station by my house

lordairgtar
03-29-2010, 06:54 PM
Both coke and pepsi make a kosher version made with real sugar because of Lent.
Being Kosher has nothing to do with Lent. It's in the stores because of Passover. Lent is a Christian season before Easter. Passover is a Jewish Holy day commemorating the time when the Angel of Death "passed over" Jewish homes in Egypt that had lamb's blood sprinkled on the door sash and lintel. It's in Exodus 12 of the Old testament

RanJer
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
To be honest, I didn't really like either of the throwbacks.. I'll stick to my roundys 4 for $10 :goof

Car Guy
03-29-2010, 07:33 PM
To be honest, I didn't really like either of the throwbacks..

There was also throwback Dr. Pepper which I thought was just as good as throwback Pepsi.....

DurtyKurty
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Being Kosher has nothing to do with Lent. It's in the stores because of Passover. Lent is a Christian season before Easter. Passover is a Jewish Holy day commemorating the time when the Angel of Death "passed over" Jewish homes in Egypt that had lamb's blood sprinkled on the door sash and lintel. It's in Exodus 12 of the Old testament

Yes! Thank you... I get all these holidays mixed up.