PDA

View Full Version : suspension/chassis ?'s

Zkid14
05-16-2004, 07:03 PM
Lookin to beef up my car a little but am still on a budget, as of now im looking at getting QA1 shocks, Eibach Pro-Kit, Weld-in subframe connectors and relocation brackets for control arms.

1.) Best weld in sub-frame connectors? dont want to do custom (chris :goof )
2.) Do i need a spring cup for my Eibach Pro-kit to fit correctly?
3.) Effectiveness of a strut tower brace, new control arms and sway bar?
4.) Any thing else make a big differcent/be a "must" to mod concerning chassis/suspension?

advice/opinions would be appreciated

-Matt

93RedDevilZ28
05-17-2004, 01:09 AM
#3 for sure. The STB isn't that big of an improvement...BUT
The sway bar is a MUST DO! It is the one suspention mod that will yield the biggest improvement for the least amount of money. The Strano 35mm hollow front sway bar is godly. I know Hotchkis just came out with a 36mm front bar also. Either way you'll poo your pants when you see what a difference they make. I should note that you should stay away from the rear sway bars for now until you get your current mods done and really drive the car on the edge. Some guys like a bigger rear bar that causes oversteer, some perfer understeer.

If I could do subs over again, I'd go with SLP DD's.
I don't know if that pro-kit includes shocks, but you definately will want a good pair of those. Unfortunately some issues have come up with my car that I'll hafta fix before I buy my Koni SAs:(

Good luck.

Crawlin
05-17-2004, 12:55 PM
what's a sway bar?

GRNDNL
05-17-2004, 01:25 PM
what's a sway bar?

Don't know Chris, I've heard the migrate to the corners of your garage though.....

Zkid14
05-17-2004, 02:20 PM
sorry, im not balls to the wall straight line i like to whip around corners in my car still :ban:

Yooformula
05-17-2004, 04:26 PM
Sorry but IMO, the stb and sub fram connectors are 2 of the best suspension mods you can add considering your car doesnt have them to begin with. You dont generally notice the stb until you drive take it off then drive it. I had one on for several months and didnt think there was any difference until the day I pulled it off and realized how loose the front end could be going around turns or even up a driveway. But then again, I like my car to ride like its on rails so everybit helps. I would do the subframes, coils/shocks, lca/aphr, stb/sway bars. Unless you are driving your car on a road course regularly the upgraded/thicker sway bars are overkill imo. Simple poly ends/links would probably add the extra stability for daily driving and light track use.

BAD LS1
05-17-2004, 04:47 PM
HAhahahh my front SB has been resideing in the basment for some time now!! :shades

With that 1 " BMR extreme duty rear i got, that thing still corners suprsingly well.

Crawlin
05-17-2004, 05:13 PM
i got three stock front swaybars laying around if anyone needs them :) haha

Zkid14
05-17-2004, 08:00 PM
what brand of sub-frame connectors should I go with? SLP? or is worth the 40 more bux to go with the Kenny Brown set up? or any others im missing?

big time rook here and could use the advice :tomato

-Matt

93RedDevilZ28
05-17-2004, 08:14 PM
My vote goes to SLP DD's.
I've heard people having clearance issues with the kenny brown's and long tubes..