PDA

View Full Version : QFM Cruise? Tower Road, Hwy 100

Dr.Buick
01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
Does anyone remember the good old days? Cars bumper to bumper. burn outs at the stop signs. Thoes were the days!

Tower more packed than GLD. Carl vs Scott. Carl vs Zx11 RIP

Hwy 100 took a couple of hours to go one way. Cars plack with girls.

Todd Z
01-05-2010, 03:42 PM
I started cruising in 1982 so yes I remember. Turning around at Oklahoma on the south end and Grossmans or AMF on the north end. On a busy night it could take an hour to do a lap. Just as many people walking and on bikes. My FIL was a West Allis cop back then. He has some great stories.

Got Boost
01-05-2010, 04:00 PM
It was awesome . Tower was awesome .I remember racing Scott. Metz Dave and the green Buick .Watson and the turbo Suzuki maiking a FULL 7 second pass on Tower .. Red Barn (Oscars) They actually let you park there and encouraged it.QFM cruise and DR. Ford doing a wheelstand on Wisconsin Ave... Those were the days , probabally never duplicated again...

TheRX7Project
01-05-2010, 05:34 PM
I remember the heyday of tower. My dad used to take my brother and I every Friday/Satruday. There's still plenty of video *somewhere* from back then.

Hell even when I started cruising (like 2001-ish) it was still hella packed on hwy. Then we'd hit up 81st and Bradley, or Carmen by Ambrosia Chocolate, or 54th and Florist.

I remember one time on Memorial Day weekend, there were guys up from Chicago running some crazy shit. This one guy had a 427 Cobra replica he was running, he ran against a wicked 3rd Gen RX7 and a '69 Charger. We had staging lanes 2 blocks long, plus cars parked all the way up and down the entire strip, return, and staging area, plus the parking lots for the businesses there were full. I made 2 passes that night against a Civic in my old Focus... ahh, the memories... that was a wild, wild night.

Nix
01-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Old fucks... :rolf :goof

Waver
01-05-2010, 06:10 PM
I remember the heyday of tower. My dad used to take my brother and I every Friday/Satruday. There's still plenty of video *somewhere* from back then.

Hell even when I started cruising (like 2001-ish) it was still hella packed on hwy. Then we'd hit up 81st and Bradley, or Carmen by Ambrosia Chocolate, or 54th and Florist.

I remember one time on Memorial Day weekend, there were guys up from Chicago running some crazy shit. This one guy had a 427 Cobra replica he was running, he ran against a wicked 3rd Gen RX7 and a '69 Charger. We had staging lanes 2 blocks long, plus cars parked all the way up and down the entire strip, return, and staging area, plus the parking lots for the businesses there were full. I made 2 passes that night against a Civic in my old Focus... ahh, the memories... that was a wild, wild night.

ahh those were the day, and I remember that night, as well as a few high speed runs when the cops were showing up at st paul

Karps TA
01-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Cruising got banned on the Hwy the year I got my license. The prior years I went up there with friends who were older then me. Just remember cops or barries at nearly every break in the median preventing people from turning around. We'd use the Bowling alley as the turn around spot. Hanging out in front of the movie theaters was always fun, until the cops came and kicked you out. One weekend the entire strip moved to Hales Corners, that was a blast cause my friends and I all worked at New Market so the cops couldn't hassle us for parking there.

The last year of the QFM cruise I remember it raining. Mostly because my buddy had a 73 Grand Am with a leaky moonroof, and I remember sitting in the back seat and him taking off and like a gallon of water poured down on me. The sound of open header cars bouncing off the buildings downtown was something I'll never forget.

Alot of good times then.

Whitnall park used to kick ass as well. Sad to drive thru there now on a nice day in summer and see nobody there.

Waver
01-05-2010, 06:39 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Chuck_Norris_Approves.gif

Car Guy
01-05-2010, 06:45 PM
Cruising got banned on the Hwy the year I got my license.

Which was...???

PureSound15
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Hell - even 10 years ago there were 3x as many cars on a nice summer night or Friday/Saturday.

Oscars was always packed - and I only went to Oscars if Omega was full.

I remember CROWDS of people sitting on the ledge of Omega hoping to catch a race in any direction.

Karps TA
01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
which was...???

Rocket Power
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
I used to go to hwy 100 back inthe late 80's ,all kinds of cool cars. Not like the occasional cool car I see now when I drive down there on my way home. I only did the Q-cruise once in the early 90's, never went up to tower.

How weird is it that Super Shops is a chinese restaurant now?:rolf

Prince Valiant
01-05-2010, 07:19 PM
I remember first showing up around 2001 or so w/ the valiant. I tended to spend most my time at Omega's as there was always a good race from the layton/100 light. One of the kids that had previously went to the HS I worked at would walk around the parking lot telling other guys in civics and probes that the guy in the gold 4 door thinks he's fast...this was right after fast n' furious, so there were a ton of wannabe racers out there.

My favorite times at the hwy was always past midnight, when few cars would be out...always would catch a couple good races. Some of my favorite races came then, as you could run it up relatively safely. Two best sleeper kills were against a 300GT-VR4 and a then brand new camaro SS.

DR.FORD
01-05-2010, 07:25 PM
It was awesome . Tower was awesome .I remember racing Scott. Metz Dave and the green Buick .Watson and the turbo Suzuki maiking a FULL 7 second pass on Tower .. Red Barn (Oscars) They actually let you park there and encouraged it.QFM cruise and DR. Ford doing a wheelstand on Wisconsin Ave... Those were the days , probabally never duplicated again...

I swear that Mustang would hook in the rain!
I miss it alot, but I especially am bummed on the fact that my kids never got to live it:(
I started going in 1977-man, the cool shit you youngsters missed out on!
I bought a 1970 Boss 302 with my dads permission in 1978(I was 15!) for $900 and immediately pulled the rev limiter off of it. Here is why that was a BAD thing to do....
One night my ex-bro in law and I took it to the Highway-it was very late in the year but a great warm night. I didn't have my license, just the temps but was looking for a race, headed south on hwy100 and lincoln at the light. A 1970 Chevelle SS454 pulled next to me-finally! The other light turned yellow, I stuffed the gas to the floor, and before our light turned green to let the clutch fly, part of #3 connecting rod came out, hit the ground, and ended up in one of those green wooden boxes they used to put on the corners with sand in them! Good thing my brother in law was 3 years older, we said he was driving. The cop was too dumb to figure out what happened. That was a LONG tow home with a chain!!
I had a great teacher-at 15 I didn't lift on the shift:devil
Thanks Dad:thumbsup

Lv2xlr8
01-05-2010, 07:44 PM
I was lucky enough to still have my fair share of fun 1993 and on. Starting with my 1972 Demon, then ended with my 1992 Mustang. Those days were awesome. Just to think my kids will never get to experience it like I was able to.
I also did the QFM cruise the last year they had it. I remember it rained that day too. Only because 1 of the wiper blades flew off the car. lol Good times good times.

SSLEVO
01-05-2010, 07:50 PM
Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun, i grew up in wausau and did a little racing there, that was back in 2001-2003 most likely. The asians' pretty much ran the show, i took down many 5.0 stangs in my 4 speed 79 camaro. I did loose to a civic hatch with a b18 swap though, haha. There were a few quick supras rolling around but it was mostly shitboxes.

DirtyMax
01-05-2010, 07:52 PM
I've got hours and hours of video and even more still AWOL. Back when hanging out and shooting the shit constituted a good night, seeing a good street race was a bonus, and 12 second cars were "fast", LOL.

Lv2xlr8
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah I have some footage too, wish I had some of the Demon tho.

awsomeears
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
DR. Ford doing a wheelstand on Wisconsin Ave...

Bull shit............. :D

Really on the street :stare what kind of car and setup. That would be awesome to see some pictures if any were ever taken :banana1:

DR.FORD
01-05-2010, 10:31 PM

Really on the street :stare what kind of car and setup. That would be awesome to see some pictures if any were ever taken :banana1:

Aint' no bullshit pal-
1967 Mustang fastback
Boss 357"
Doug Nash 5 speed-3.25 first gear(shifted between 9000 & 9500rpm)
9" Ford- 5.67 rear gear
ladder bar-housing floaters
14X32 Goodyear slicks
Ask Got Boost(Mike), Hitman(Brett), Juicedimpss(Ron), Troy B(was in the car), B4mytym(Becky) and MANY others, 4 feet in the air was the norm ON THE STREET.
Many times leaving A&W on 27th, the Musicbox show, and on Wisconsin ave during the "Q cruise".
I have video from the track, but I would PAY if someone had vid from the street. There are pics of this car in a thread here on Brewcity-when Michelle's Dad owned it (Pony Express), and when I had it (all blue) at the Waukesha show. Yep, I drove it on the expressway, with 5.67 gears, Nash Torsion Tube trans and a .787 lift roller motor. Them were the days!

BOSS LX
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Aint' no bullshit pal-
1967 Mustang fastback
Boss 357"
9" Ford- 5.67 rear gear
14X32 Goodyear slicks
Ask Got Boost(Mike), Hitman(Brett), Juicedimpss(Ron), Troy B(was in the car), B4mytym(Becky) and MANY others, 4 feet in the air was the norm ON THE STREET.
Many times leaving A&W on 27th, the Musicbox show, and on Wisconsin ave during the "Q cruise".
I have video from the track, but I would PAY if someone had vid from the street. There are pics of this car in a thread here on Brewcity-when Michelle's Dad owned it (Pony Express), and when I had it (all blue) at the Waukesha show. Yep, I drove it on the expressway, with 5.67 gears, Nash Torsion Tube trans and a .787 lift roller motor. Them were the days!

Do you still have it Jim?

Car Guy
01-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Last I heard Steve (can't think of his last name right now) owns it, but that was years ago when working at Grunau with a friend of his.....

awsomeears
01-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Aint' no bullshit pal-
1967 Mustang fastback
Boss 357"
9" Ford- 5.67 rear gear
14X32 Goodyear slicks

That is fucking awesome !!!

Hell of a RPM :stare

TheRX7Project
01-05-2010, 11:56 PM
I've got hours and hours of video and even more still AWOL. Back when hanging out and shooting the shit constituted a good night, seeing a good street race was a bonus, and 12 second cars were "fast", LOL.

LOL Yeah 12's was BOOKIN back in the day. Now, everyone has a 12-second car. Hell the new Porsche Panamerica does 11's from the factory (yes, the giant overgrown Porsche family sedan).

Al
01-06-2010, 12:42 AM
I remember when I first started rolling down the one-double-zero. The year was 1999 and my car was a GMC Safari. I lacked skills with the ladies, but my friends did. Four of us would roll down there and I would soon have a car with 7 people in it. I think my Safari kept me out of real trouble.

The first person to tell me about HWY100 was a guy named Dustin Leuders from Germantown. He kept saying "lets go to hwy." In my head, I pictured a 2-lane road with people driving 20 mph and hanging out at George Webbs. It was sooo much cooler than that!

I hit up HWY100 every warm Friday and Saturday for three years.

My Sister: where do you and your friends go every weekend?
Me: Cruising
Sister: You actually cruise? Where?
Me: Hwy 100
Sister: Only meat heads and rednecks go there!
Me: I know! It's awesome!!!

Someone needs to make a HWY100 Facebook group.

Got Boost
01-06-2010, 07:21 AM

My car pulled the wheels 2ft. all the time on Tower.... And so did Brian Hansen.... (10 Wide video) in his Blue Nova.. I remember when he raced Scott , in his 79 Z...Probabally the coolest race on Tower . 2 cars pulling the wheels 3ft...And at the time 2 low 10 second cars which was really fast..

BR3W CITY
01-06-2010, 08:02 AM
I'm on the younger end, didn't start going to hwy until around 2kish. When I first started going, there were ALOT of cars; oscars was always full, same with Omega and others.

I used to have a few hours of footage from hwy and 81st + Bradley, and a few others. In the years following, hwy100 turned into all ricers and rednecks. I was about a block away from that major accident (laser and subaru i think). Never really picked up again after all that.

Karps TA
01-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Someone needs to make a HWY100 Facebook group.

I believe there are a couple. There's a Whitnall Park group too.

juicedimpss
01-06-2010, 09:23 AM
if anyone has old streetrace vids,i will host them for viewing pleasure.

Dr.Buick
01-06-2010, 09:29 AM
if i can find it I have one from Fast times car show and Carl vs the zx11.

TheRX7Project
01-06-2010, 11:15 AM
If I find my old vids, they're on VHS. Anyone have a way to convert them?

juicedimpss
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM
if nobody has the convertor,i would buy one to make this happen.

DirtyMax
01-06-2010, 11:23 AM

I have a VHS--->DVD machine. That's what I did with mine.

TheRX7Project
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet. Now I gotta find the old video. I know it's kinda shitty quality but it still brings back memories.

DR.FORD
01-06-2010, 02:06 PM
My car pulled the wheels 2ft. all the time on Tower.... And so did Brian Hansen.... (10 Wide video) in his Blue Nova.. I remember when he raced Scott , in his 79 Z...Probabally the coolest race on Tower . 2 cars pulling the wheels 3ft...And at the time 2 low 10 second cars which was really fast..

Yep-remember like it was yesterday!

DR.FORD
01-06-2010, 02:11 PM
Do you still have it Jim?

I sold it to Steve Schadler years ago-one of my biggest mistakes was selling that car. It is still owned by Steve and has been redone by Dennis Equitz. They had it out for the first time this last year but on the second shakedown pass it siezed a lifter in the bore in the 600incher. It now is an Outlaw 10.5 car and color is red with huge cubic inches being installed (808" I think?) Ford powered, of course!

SSLEVO
01-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Aint' no bullshit pal-
1967 Mustang fastback
Boss 357"
9" Ford- 5.67 rear gear
14X32 Goodyear slicks

Wow, that sounds like one bad setup, i bet you wish you still had it.

xwing
01-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Getting chased out by cops, making the rounds of Tower Road, Bradley, St Paul, etc...lather, rinse, repeat...
"Run to the car! Are they blocking the street off? Did you hear they were impounding cars last week?!?"

Remember how on St Paul there was that big whoop-te-doo toward the top end, where if you were really hauling, the cars would just about bottom out and then catch air?? Somebody's Mitsubishi 3000GT noticed it ALOT beating up on Billy's Mustang once :)

Jim Plimpton's "Most-Beautiful-Cool-Ford-Ever" teal Torino lining up against one of the northside Suzuki's on I think 73rd near the Tower Rd "track", big bargaining and shit talking before it, massive burnouts, then they launch...but the bike just sits there, just to see how the Torino was going to hook up (I think I heard chickens squawking for the bike lol)...that car should never have been sold, it was the peak of cool.

Summer nights on Hwy 100 and National, CROWDS of people in parking lots and lining the sidewalks, launching THREE WIDE off that stoplight going south racing an old ~67 Catalina AND a first gen Firebird IIRC, me in my 76 Formula with people going crazy cause it was hot, we were racing off the light, and it was cool :)
That must have been round 1985 or so.
Weird, I could SWEAR we were 3 wide racing off that light going south, but now I don't remember if there were 3 lanes then, or I am remembering wrong!

Dusty/Mike Baron and his blue Camaro, being Dusty and his blue Camaro :)
"This year don't count anymore. NEXT year...bigger cam, think about it!"

The big red 93 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4, when I was kinda pioneering that platform for speed, I had the quickest in the world (hee hee) from like 1994-2002 (it's a SMALL mountain, but I was King of it), and early along cruising was all about American cars, and foreign stuff was all still slow...it was easy to get races with the 3000, and picking on unsuspecting cars by acting like dumb import owner was a hoot. The nitrous on turbos with AWD for a launch was Money. I WAS dumb though, never liked letting off/sandbagging so got a minor reputation; then almost all I could get was Stan wanting to race me with his slicks/race motor awesome Thunderbird...at that point I decided I'd won it all just by having a super quick car like that even WANT to race me, and it was done LOL :)

Carl/Camaro and Eddie/TA etc, talking smack and danger, racing whatever...

I think Brett got the Green Manilishi B1 engined Roadrunner up there a few times, and Jim B. with his first generation 66 Barracuda (damn pushrod problems on 906 motor, grr)

"The Boy and the Beard" Dave Senderhauf and his dad with the Big Buick, always ready to race. The Waukesha Boys...

"Somebody" might have a video of 3000GT vs slicks etc ~56 Nomad, nice guy but he lost a big $20 "and the crowd went wild", I think Larry was going nuts running his mouth cause he "done TOLD you about that MitsuBEEEshee"...Larry was funny to listen to at these.

Jim Fuchs and the F40 cruising, maybe racing, taking people for once-in-a-lifetime rides as long as they agreed to wipe the drool off the carbon fiber...
come to think of it, Jim still does this! Some awesomely cool things DON'T change :)

Then the AntiCruisingNazis started the crackdowns, American cars started disappearing and alot of the heart went out of it. Foreign cars and kids keep it up some and have to hand it to them for trying, at least a candle burns once in awhile.

Some people (not me of course) say the reason cruises and street racing were so popular was because they were totally, totally cool and totally, totally fun :)
Some people wish they had had time to go to these events way MORE back then but wasted their lives studying and taking stupid tests for Skools.
I don't say these things, of course. And all the stories above are just misremembered stories, with no truth to them at all. Pure fiction and dreaming of better days...

hotshift13
01-06-2010, 08:31 PM
You guys talking about Troy Borgman? I loved cruzin' with Q "no oil burners, and no bleach burners" I remenber that from the ad on Qfm...

awsomeears
01-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Its interesting listening to all of these stories, similar when you talk to guys in there 60
's on a whole different era...........

Cool ass thread :thumbsup

pjturkey
01-07-2010, 03:25 AM
I've been to the Highway a few times this summer and it was still a good time. Let's just say that my cutlass was definitely a minority, especially in my age group. Honestly for all the times Ive been there recently, I can say the cops seem to not really mess with the old shit, as me or any of my friends have never been pulled over. I'de go so far to say that if you're driving a car pre-1973 in general the cops don't really screw with you unless they catch you doing something completely retarded (which means do stupid shit when they aren't looking!)

Waver
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
I was up there a lot from 1995-2003, with various cars (one mustang, a cavalier wagon, the horizon, the 86glhs, a few crappy cars like a sunturd and a multicolored cavalier rolling on beretta gut indy rims, and two escort gt's one silver that say wa lot of action and a lowered teal one) The group that I hung out with eventually became known as the "omega crew" (god that was a gay name). We then moved to bp/amaco the last few years......So many stories, like Jim in the f-40 blowing the doors off the shelby (I thought it was a fiero rebody, there were a few out at the time) and then giving me a ride in it. Rolling 30 cars deep at any given time, the final laps for friends (one of which got us on TV)..........Tons of memories, and some of my best friends now came out of that. Hell Muddrunner could tell some stories of some of the shit that we got him in trouble with (Tire Flys anyone lol)....Honestly, I wouldnt give up those days for anything, even though it did cost me my license for 5 years and a shit load of cash. Now Highway has become crap.........I am glad I was able to be a part of it when I was.

Dont get me started on the street races on tower and St. Paul...............plenty of stories from that too.

Moparjim
01-07-2010, 12:48 PM

That was probably Greg with the Cobra replica, and me in my 70 Charger. Was it Hemi Orange? If so it was me.

Got Boost
01-07-2010, 01:30 PM
:headbang
Its interesting listening to all of these stories, similar when you talk to guys in there 60
's on a whole different era...........

Cool ass thread :thumbsupYep in the heyday we were up @ tower till 2AM..That was the year Dahlmer shit was going down , so I think the Milwaukee PD dident give a crap about street racers.. I remember the Miller can plant on tower and the 2nd shifters would watch the races from the fence ..Like Dr. Buick said more people @ Tower then at the grove , people set up lawn chairs ,, quite an event:headbang

TheRX7Project
01-07-2010, 04:53 PM
That was probably Greg with the Cobra replica, and me in my 70 Charger. Was it Hemi Orange? If so it was me.

Did you hang out with a guy in a red Tacoma? If so, I was the kid with the loud black Focus.

Waver
01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
Did you hang out with a guy in a red Tacoma? If so, I was the kid with the loud black Focus.

mmmmm black focus, I remember one that had a turbo on it and some of my friends ended up helping the guy out when he had a masive coolant leak, and one that got scared by the exhaust on my 93 stang vert...........

TheRX7Project
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM
Nope mine was n/a.

lotsals1
01-07-2010, 05:41 PM
EY! Lets not forget Whitnall Park:thumbsup

I will blame ricers/tuners/sportbikes for being the doushe Nozzles that put the last nail in the coffin of hyw 100. Everyone that had a car with power never did 90 down hwy 100, If there was to be a race it was done elseware.
Sure there was a burn out here and there,but no one ever died from one.
I've seen at least 20 bikes bite the dust,I've seen well over 200 idiots going 80+ trying to "achieve V-Tech":rolf:rolf:rolf::loser
But not once have I seen a bigblock /tubbed/blown car do more than just jump on it for a sec. and shut it down.
Whitnall Park same friggen thing

Waver
01-07-2010, 05:52 PM
EY! Lets not forget Whitnall Park:thumbsup

I will blame ricers/tuners/sportbikes for being the doushe Nozzles that put the last nail in the coffin of hyw 100. Everyone that had a car with power never did 90 down hwy 100, If there was to be a race it was done elseware.
Sure there was a burn out here and there,but no one ever died from one.
I've seen at least 20 bikes bite the dust,I've seen well over 200 idiots going 80+ trying to "achieve V-Tech":rolf:rolf:rolf::loser
But not once have I seen a bigblock /tubbed/blown car do more than just jump on it for a sec. and shut it down.
Whitnall Park same friggen thing

Whitnall was every sunday in the summer, we would line up and just sit there, taking a trip to the lakefront every now and then..........this is bringing up a lot of memories.

Burgandy85SS
01-09-2010, 07:35 PM
Ive done my share of time on hwy from 97- 2000ish and plenty of saturday and sunday afternoons in whitnal. You couldnt even find a parking spot usually on the road in whitnal. i didnt have a fast car or anything but just enjoyed cruising. There were nights i almost used a full tank a gas crusing in my old 88 Bonneville. :goof

b4mytm
01-09-2010, 11:16 PM
I did Whitnall and the Hwy sometimes with my Dad in the '80s and then with friends in the late '80's early '90's and finally with my own car starting in about '92. When I had my own car it was Whitnall staring around noon on the weekends ,go home to eat dinner and then back up to the Hwy.
Went up to Tower many many nights always with my video camera.

Never had my Camaro on the QCruise. The only year that I could have I had a wedding to go to...(thanks Troy,lol).
Used to go with my Dad and then with Friends. I remember the pouring rain on the last one. Have plenty of videos from that too.

TheRX7Project
01-10-2010, 04:27 PM
Shit do you guys remember Margie's on St. Paul? That was a ROWDY show... I know I have burnout tapes from that show somewhere too...

nismodave
01-10-2010, 04:56 PM
I remember Tower Rd. The blue GTX with stacks out the hood. The withe Turbo 89 T/A with Goodyear slicks. Dans Orange 427 69 Camaro when he beat that 2 stroke bike on the Rd behind the dealerships. Seeing Quick Carls Terminator.....

I remember Hwy 100 when it took a good hour to do a full lap.

I remeber Whitnall Park and jumping into different cars all day Saturday. It was crazy!

I remember the Q cruise and the Green 55 Chevy with the loud pipes. And it was the fist time I saw a car with Hydraulics!

SNKSKNR
01-11-2010, 03:37 PM
"Somebody" might have a video of 3000GT vs slicks etc ~56 Nomad, nice guy but he lost a big $20 "and the crowd went wild", I think Larry was going nuts running his mouth cause he "done TOLD you about that MitsuBEEEshee"...Larry was funny to listen to at these.

That was one of the best nights ever!!!! Jack is all layed back and the dude in the Nomad was so riled up you could see the vains coming out of his four head. IM NOT GOING TO BE BEAT BY A IMPORT!!!!! Then Jack left him like he forgot to start the car.:rolf Jack I think I have the video or for sure Sam & Tina have it. If not Becky dose.

I think the best race I had was against Chris Sansoniy's 69 BB,NOS,Ladder bar Camaro. We were on Hwy100 then we shot up to the north side. Tower was dead so the next was Florist,so we pull up and get surounded by everyone. Chris comes up and ask's how much do you want to go for. I told him I don't want to take your money lets go for the hell of it. Now let alone I am driving the 4000lb GS 455 with a 150 shot. We line up and arms drop I have him 3 cars out of the hole and I see him creeping up slowly so I am just tapping the button to stay 3 cars ahead. I won the race but the best part was coming back and all I see is four freinds chearing out loud and eveyrone was silent. I think some people lost some money Sam said. Chris wants to go again but I told him that I will be right back I have to get some gas. He asked where are you going to get race gas here. I told him it runs on 93 he turned and left. Back in 1995 I had the GS running 10.38 at 128mph. The good old days:headbang