PDA

View Full Version : FS: 89 Jeep Cherokee-Car Guy's old jeep

rally_scort
01-03-2010, 09:07 PM
I bought this as an impulse, and we dont have enough snow to keep me interested in keeping this.Long story short, i fixed the mechanical issues with it, and now its a reliable daily driver for the next owner.It still needs some cosmetic TLC, but it didnt worry me.Heres the short version:

'89 Cherokee Laredo
solid body, some minor rust
4.0L, Aw4 auto(very solid and reliable from what ive read)
power windows and locks
fog lights
4wd works flawlessly, both full and part time
awesome heat
nice trailer hitch with wiring installed
235/75/15 Dayton Timberline's in damn great shape
Brand new TPS sensor
New wheel cylinders

Things it needs to be perfect:
drivers side fold out window needs latch
radio
door key to be made, comes with new ignition set, but current one works fine
rear wiper arm
valve cover gasket
could use some shocks soon
right blinker sticks on time to time

Ive had this thing for a little over a week, this is what ive come across so far.Im trying to be honest, this thing would be a good beater or fixer upper.Mechanically, itll handle winter no problem.I picked this up for $600, ive stuck some money and time into it, i will sit firm at $800, nothing less.This is $5 more than originally asked, and the major problems have been addressed.Take it or leave it, i dont mind keeping it and making a trail rig out of it in spring.

88Nightmare
01-03-2010, 09:42 PM
was the overheating problem fixed? if so, what was the problem?

GTSLOW
01-03-2010, 10:08 PM
was the overheating problem fixed? if so, what was the problem?

the major problems have been addressed.

88Nightmare
01-03-2010, 10:14 PM
thanks nan. wanna answer my other question too? :D

and btw the overheating issue wasn't specifically mentioned in this thread so I was only curious. I may buy this...

rally_scort
01-03-2010, 11:11 PM
thanks nan. wanna answer my other question too? :D

and btw the overheating issue wasn't specifically mentioned in this thread so I was only curious. I may buy this...

I drove the jeep home from mitchell airport, to waukesha without it reaching anything near overheating.They typically run 210*, which is the hottest this thing gets.I researched online just to look at the key problems and being it has a closed system, id have to guess it was either an air bubble or low on coolant.I did drain whatever was in the system and now it has a winter mix just to be safe.Ive watched the coolant level and it hasnt budged and it hasnt gotten over normal for me yet.Im not sure the history of this thing, but from what ive seen, id guess it was sitting for a good while.Ive been noticing things like wipers,windows,switches, etc are getting smoother and "unstuck" if you will.Come check this thing out, let it run for an hour or two, drive it for an hour or two, it wont overheat.The transmission was acting up, just like any AW4 transmission will, with a bad TPS.I adjusted the TV cable and threw a new TPS on and it shifts flawlessly now.I wish i could add more, but obviously i havent owned it long enough to give you a god's honest answer as to why it was overheating.Dont get me wrong, I consider Car Guy a very honest person, i think hes in the same boat as me, not knowing alot of history on this thing.

rally_scort
01-04-2010, 06:45 PM
sale pending :D

rally_scort
01-06-2010, 06:09 PM
SOOOLLLDDDD :banana1: