PDA

View Full Version : World of Wheels

LIZMO
01-03-2010, 07:50 PM
World of Wheels is this coming weekend.

anyone planning on going? or showing?

Josepy
01-03-2010, 07:52 PM
EDIT. Plans changed. Possibly going saturday.

xxtremeteam
01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
also no plans to attend

Karps TA
01-03-2010, 08:34 PM
I will be there all 3 days with my turd.

jbiscuit
01-03-2010, 09:02 PM
something to do during shitty winter here in WI. We'll be there Friday

1BadBytch
01-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I'll be there all weekend:headbang

See you there:)

awsomeears
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
I think last year for whatever reason was just organized better or how they placed all of the cars. I'll probably be going.....

badass88gt
01-03-2010, 10:47 PM
I would be driving down again except this weekend is Pinewood Derby, lol. Cant make it to WOW.

1320PNY
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
I'm jonesen for some social car stuff. Probably Saturday.

scaleracer
01-03-2010, 10:53 PM
We will be there all weekend drag slot car racing!

u_say_go
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I'll be there Thursday with my dad helping him set up his display, then socializing on Saturday.

Voodoo Chick
01-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Definately going.

A B4C Z
01-04-2010, 11:34 AM
I'll be there Thursday with my dad helping him set up his display, then socializing on Saturday.

If he needs the enclosed trailer let me know.

Bobby72GTO
01-04-2010, 12:16 PM
I'll be there on Saturday with the girlfriend.

TraceDaddy
01-04-2010, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking about going Sunday to see Chip. Maybe sign my Foose Shirt.

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
first time in years im not going

MoCkiN U
01-04-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm thinking about going Sunday to see Chip. Maybe sign my Foose Shirt.

never went before but want to meet chip. I'll probably go

Car Guy
01-04-2010, 07:53 PM
After last year's surprisingly great reviews I wanted to attend this year and more so after hearing this will be the last year for WOW. HOWEVER, instead I will be wearing shorts and a T-shirt at the Pavilions in Scottsdale, AZ for their outstanding weekly car show.....:)

Pictures to come.....:devil

Reverend Cooper
01-04-2010, 08:05 PM
they said this last year was the end of it. now its this year,thats why my car went into storage.

Russ Jerome
01-04-2010, 08:48 PM
My annual "goin out to drink night", looking at other guys GF's and making fun of the cars that run...while my projects lay in pieces. Buy this guy a beer:
http://sites.google.com/site/russjerome/_/rsrc/1248565606773/Home/hummerhatACTION1.JPG?height=420&width=337
And dont hit him if he's oogling your old lady, he doesnt know any better.

Flicktitty
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
i can't wait to go. should be a good time.

1fast2litre
01-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Will be there from Thurs-Sun, probably drag racing most the weekend :headbang

Karps TA
01-05-2010, 01:38 PM
goodie, looks like snow for load in. awesome.

scaleracer
01-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Will be there from Thurs-Sun, probably drag racing most the weekend :headbang

Oh damn! Glad to hear you plan to race!

jbiscuit
01-05-2010, 05:50 PM
why does it list the Wonderful World of Weddings for the same weekend at the car show?? They better not have cut the show down in half yet charge the same admission !

1fast2litre
01-05-2010, 06:13 PM
why does it list the Wonderful World of Weddings for the same weekend at the car show?? They better not have cut the show down in half yet charge the same admission !

Not half but a part of the building will be the wedding show

lordairgtar
01-05-2010, 06:21 PM
And some cars will be displayed in the foyer around the outside of the room. DJs on the site should pepper cars with fliers and bidness cards.

Karps TA
01-05-2010, 06:29 PM
My car will actually be wearing a wedding veil, and garter. Thankfully it can still wear white.

b4mytm
01-05-2010, 07:36 PM
I will be there all 4 days.
My car will not :(.
First time in a long time.

Firefighter Z
01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Sweet I can go to a Wedding Show and a Carshow... God does love me!

jbiscuit
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I will be there all 4 days.
My car will not :(.
First time in a long time.

That is sad!!! :(

Feature Pony
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
My car and my pops car will be there, Karps what time are you going to be there moving in? We plan on getting there around 7am dropping off and getting my pops car, I have the stands. Let me know what time you'll get there.

Fast SVT
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I'll be there Friday around 6pm.

Feature Pony
01-06-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey Doc Dave do we have the brewcitystreetmachines banner?

Karps TA
01-06-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm trying to get a time from my tow guy. I'm hoping to get the car there as early as possible as well. The sooner I can get it out of the snow and crap, the happier and more relaxed I'll be. Real glad I paid to have someone clean it with all the crap coming tomorrow.

jbiscuit
01-06-2010, 11:15 AM
tomorrow will be a crazy setup day with a blizzard going on!

Feature Pony
01-06-2010, 11:41 AM
aaahhhh last time my dad had a car in the WOW was 27 years ago in 1983 and I believe there was a blizzard going on then and he trailered his 68 GTS there open trailer. At least this year we got a enclosed trailer so it will make life a little easier for the 68 satelite..

TheRX7Project
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I might go Sunday, gotta see if I work.

jbiscuit
01-07-2010, 08:59 AM
What a fun day to get your car to state fair park today....stupid weather!!!

u_say_go
01-07-2010, 03:14 PM
My car will actually be wearing a wedding veil, and garter. Thankfully it can still wear white.

today, your car was wearing white alright!! poor car :crying
The pictures I've seen don't do it justice, you have a really nice ride! Wish I had time to chat with you more, but I was the old man's set-up bitch...had tons to do!

Karps TA
01-07-2010, 07:59 PM
Thanks alot for the compliments. Make sure you stop by sometime.

I'm beat. Snow sux.

But it looks like a pretty good show. Alot more cars then I expected considering the weather and issues the show was having. There's some cars I've not seen before.

pOrk
01-08-2010, 08:49 AM
today, your car was wearing white alright!! poor car :crying
The pictures I've seen don't do it justice, you have a really nice ride! Wish I had time to chat with you more, but I was the old man's set-up bitch...had tons to do!

I hate the flames, but other then that the car looks sick. Super clean, it looked clean in the pictures and man it looks great in person. It stands out at WOW thats for sure, nothing there worth paying 13 bucks admission though if you ask me. Nice seeing everyone there last night

u_say_go
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I hate the flames, but other then that the car looks sick. Super clean, it looked clean in the pictures and man it looks great in person. It stands out at WOW thats for sure, nothing there worth paying 13 bucks admission though if you ask me. Nice seeing everyone there last night

There are some nice cars there for sure, but it's getting way too expensive for a lot of people. Family of four would cost $41 for admission and parking alone. The price of food is ridiculous, $6.50 for a cheeseburger?!

pOrk
01-09-2010, 08:03 AM
There are some nice cars there for sure, but it's getting way too expensive for a lot of people. Family of four would cost $41 for admission and parking alone. The price of food is ridiculous, $6.50 for a cheeseburger?!

Exactly, its kinda nutty. A co worker wanted to go, but it would cost him over 60 bucks plus travel from mayville if he brought his family.

CATNHAT
01-09-2010, 11:48 AM
anyone got any tix they want to get rid of?

DoubleAron
01-09-2010, 02:35 PM
I hear there are some real gems at the show this year.

1320PNY
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
Show was pretty decent. I went without expectations, but I thought it was better than last year. I would like to see more late model stuff, but I can see that all Summer. :thumbsup

Nice to talk to Scaffidi about 1/4 mile stuff. Saw Josephy briefly. Ran into Doug and Becky as anticipated.

Really was pretty laid back and lots of nice stuff. Got some Meguiar's pads I needed, so I'm happy.

lordairgtar
01-09-2010, 08:02 PM
I was there. Cost 19 bucks for lunch for Lori and I. But we had free tix so it wasn't too bad. I was amazed at the Ford those highschool kids built. The wheels weren't my taste, but the car was very nice. They worked on everything except the interior. They want to try for the Riddler award in Detroit with it.

Josepy
01-09-2010, 08:07 PM
Show was pretty decent. I went without expectations, but I thought it was better than last year. I would like to see more late model stuff, but I can see that all Summer. :thumbsup

Nice to talk to Scaffidi about 1/4 mile stuff. Saw Josephy briefly. Ran into Doug and Becky as anticipated.

Really was pretty laid back and lots of nice stuff. Got some Meguiar's pads I needed, so I'm happy.

Yeah I was with Puresound. You looked busy. Tried to find you later. All in all I think it was better than last year. I really like Feature Pony Termy a lot and Karps 3rd gen. Badass cars fellas.

0TransAm0
01-09-2010, 08:14 PM
i might go sunday.. what kind of venders are there as far as selling car care stuff?

Josepy
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
i might go sunday.. what kind of venders are there as far as selling car care stuff?

Mequiars has a huge setup there. Semi and Trailer in the building.

PureSound15
01-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Cool show - Gave me some ideas for sure.

I was shocked/confused as to why some people take off their wheel and place a axle stand in it's place to show off their STOCK brakes.

u_say_go
01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
I was there. Cost 19 bucks for lunch for Lori and I. But we had free tix so it wasn't too bad. I was amazed at the Ford those highschool kids built. The wheels weren't my taste, but the car was very nice. They worked on everything except the interior. They want to try for the Riddler award in Detroit with it.

unfortunately, they can not use that car for the Riddler. To be eligible, the car can not be entered in any show prior to Detroit Autorama.

b4mytm
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
unfortunately, they can not use that car for the Riddler. To be eligible, the car can not be entered in any show prior to Detroit Autorama.

Was just going to post this.

I've had a good time the last couple of days. Talked to alot of people...including Milwaukee's Biggest Loser :).
Miss having my car there,but it will be nice to leave when I want tomorrow.:thumbsup

TraceDaddy
01-11-2010, 08:26 AM
For some reason I thought the show was a little smaller than previous years. Definitely some nice cars though. And once very nice guy.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0046-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0029-1.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0030.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0032-1.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0027-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0026-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w31/ldreifke/IMGP0024-1.jpg

xFullThrottlex
01-11-2010, 09:18 AM
^why was Chip two hours late?

My dad and I were going to stay and meet him but we left in favor of the packer game

Daytonapacecar959
01-11-2010, 09:29 AM

My dad and I were going to stay and meet him but we left in favor of the packer game

Someone told me he had airplane problems,the plane took off from Cinn. and had to turn back and land,so he had to wait for another plane.Thank god the problem wasn't that bad and the pilot was able to land.

TraceDaddy
01-11-2010, 09:30 AM

I guess he had plane problems in Cincinnati. We did have a TV screen in the back of that truck by the Foose stage to watch. I had to call the wife to get the DVR going though too.

u_say_go
01-13-2010, 11:29 AM
I checked the ISCA website for results from this years show, but everything listed is from 2009. Anyone know where I can find this info?
Anyone from here take home some hardware?

Feature Pony
01-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Yeah I was with Puresound. You looked busy. Tried to find you later. All in all I think it was better than last year. I really like Feature Pony Termy a lot and Karps 3rd gen. Badass cars fellas.

Thanks, I had fun it was a pain to get in and my dad's car wouldn't start again sunday to load it up so that turned into a pain. Oh well I had fun this past weekend :thumbsup

I saw Chip Foose walking into the building when I was walking out to get lunch I said hi like he was my drinking buddy he was kind of took back that I didn't want his autograph just cool to say hi. :thumbsup

Karps TA
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
I checked the ISCA website for results from this years show, but everything listed is from 2009. Anyone know where I can find this info?
Anyone from here take home some hardware?

I know everyone in the BCSM group took home something. Bobby I think got 2 awards. I got Best in Class. I think Rick's dad got Best in Class for the Plymouth. Not sure on Rick's and Tom's awards

pOrk
01-13-2010, 04:11 PM
Every one gets an award at this show, thats why they charge so much for admission :) lol

Anyone see the big white trailer with the white F350 puling it? Older guy, maybe early 50s, backed into my co-workers car as they were loading up and decided to ruff him up since apparently his parked car was in HIS way when backing up his truck to his trailer???

u_say_go
01-13-2010, 05:24 PM
my dad brought home 6 awards- best in class, engine, paint, state, detail, and best of show.

Pork, so some dude backed into your friends car then got pissed because the car was in his way? what a knobshine!!!!

Feature Pony
01-13-2010, 05:30 PM
Every one gets an award at this show, thats why they charge so much for admission :) lol

Anyone see the big white trailer with the white F350 puling it? Older guy, maybe early 50s, backed into my co-workers car as they were loading up and decided to ruff him up since apparently his parked car was in HIS way when backing up his truck to his trailer???

What kind of car did he back into? what kind of car was he loading? Thats why I moved my cobra to a side wall before we loaded my dad's car onto the trailer, I didn't want it to get hit. A lot of people start driving like a$$holes, figured if they hit the cobra they are going to take out the wall as well!

There was a guy backing his trailer down our isle and he was only a foot away from my dad's car, my dad has $100k in his car so I was a little pissed when this dude tried to swing the trailer the back end of the trailer would of took out the rear quarter on the car, luckly there was a guy that told the dude to pull straight or he was going to have problems!

pOrk
01-14-2010, 07:53 AM
I am pretty sure it was the guy from fast times, but I wasn't there so i don't know for sure. My buddies car was the riced out Prelude with the motor in the back of it.

http://krystalimages.net/19.html Ryan R Prelude

Josepy
01-14-2010, 08:50 AM
I am pretty sure it was the guy from fast times, but I wasn't there so i don't know for sure. My buddies car was the riced out Prelude with the motor in the back of it.

He didn't deserved what happened. I saw that car and holy crap is that thing hacked up. The paint is about a 2 out of 10 on it. Looks like they spray bombed it. I give him credit for the work to move the motor.

Feature Pony
01-14-2010, 09:50 AM
yeah that car is different, how much damage on his car? Is the guy that backed in to him is he going to pay for the damages? Your buddy was in the same isle as my car and my dad's, so we must of been gone when this happened, we were probably dropping off my dad's car, when we came back at 10:30pm the building was pretty much dead only 4 or 5 cars left. we loaded the cobra and left.

Josepy
01-14-2010, 09:55 AM
yeah that car is different, how much damage on his car? Is the guy that backed in to him is he going to pay for the damages? Your buddy was in the same isle as my car and my dad's, so we must of been gone when this happened, we were probably dropping off my dad's car, when we came back at 10:30pm the building was pretty much dead only 4 or 5 cars left. we loaded the cobra and left.

Loved your Termy by the way.

pOrk
01-14-2010, 03:52 PM
He didn't deserved what happened. I saw that car and holy crap is that thing hacked up. The paint is about a 2 out of 10 on it. Looks like they spray bombed it. I give him credit for the work to move the motor.

He is pretty creative with the stuff he does, his cavalier has gull wing doors that he fabricated and such. I am not a fan, but either way he now has a gash on his forehead from the ass pirate that was knocking him around from hitting his head on his a pillar.

Josepy
01-14-2010, 04:11 PM
He is pretty creative with the stuff he does, his cavalier has gull wing doors that he fabricated and such. I am not a fan, but either way he now has a gash on his forehead from the ass pirate that was knocking him around from hitting his head on his a pillar.

Anyone call the cops. I would be fucking pissed.

1320PNY
01-14-2010, 04:33 PM

Me too!

badass88gt
01-14-2010, 04:40 PM
Anyone call the cops. I would be fucking pissed.

x2. How old is the victim, is he just a kid?

pOrk
01-15-2010, 07:11 AM
x2. How old is the victim, is he just a kid?

Cops weren't called, the guy that did it is lucky Ryans buddies weren't around when it happened. Ryan is 27, the guy that backed into his car had to be late 40's early 50s

Feature Pony
01-15-2010, 09:20 AM

Me too!

Cops weren't called, the guy that did it is lucky Ryans buddies weren't around when it happened. Ryan is 27, the guy that backed into his car had to be late 40's early 50s

Man I would of got the police there in a heart beat!! The capital police there run the show on the fair grounds! I would of called, that dude would of had to pay for the damages that happened to the car, plus that dude would of got a ticket for battery! So the old dude slammed this kids head into his a pilar? Thats f***ed up :fire

Hey, if I was your buddy I would still call the cops. If your buddy remembers what kind of car he had in the show, the show runners would be able to give the police that guys name. There had to be people around that saw this s*** go down. If I was there that old man would of paid, I can see if your buddy backed into the old guys car but this old dude backed into your buddys car and then beat him up, thats BS!

SSM93notch
01-19-2010, 11:16 AM

:fire I dont know who you are but i was pulling the fasttimes trailer and hit no one! fact of the matter we were towing with a dodge 1ton not a ford and our 48ft fifth wheel trailer says hot box nitrous bottle heating systems on the side in big letters and if it was us im sure someone would have seen it considering everyone knows who we are! check your facts before you accuse! WAITING TO HEAR FROM YOU 414 531 0049 if you have any questions:flipoff2:

Cutlass Queen
01-19-2010, 11:36 AM

Hold on one minute guys, before any assumptions are made and heated internet arguments begin..... Pork what makes you think that it was Fast Times? Reading over the posts nothing adds up to it being them one bit. You mentioned it was a white F350, I know for a fact that the rig they use to haul isn't that. Also you said it was a big white trailer, do you know how many big white trailers there were towing vehicles there? Their trailer has red lettering on the back gate and I'd think if you observed all this then that would have been observed as well. Also you said a guy maybe early 50's was backing it up. I know my bf Greg was backing the trailer up and he by all means does not look anything in his 40's or 50's nor is he even near that age. I also know that IF this was him, there would have been no fighting or ruffing up anyone.

I really think the assumptions being made here are false and the admins should clearly erase the name of the company, as this was an action not performed by them one bit.

Just my thoughts :thumbsup

WickedSix
01-19-2010, 01:41 PM
calm down u retards pork said he thought it was the guy from fast times and said it was a 50plus year old dude. overreacting to a thread much ftl :rolf he also qualified it 'but i wasn't there'

Its like a HS fight here lmao

Dude: I heard you've been talkn shit...

BRO: what if i have been...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

grow the F up already!

Cutlass Queen
01-19-2010, 01:56 PM
calm down u retards pork said he thought it was the guy from fast times and said it was a 50plus year old dude. overreacting to a thread much ftl :rolf he also qualified it 'but i wasn't there'

Its like a HS fight here lmao

Dude: I heard you've been talkn shit...

BRO: what if i have been...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

grow the F up already!

So does this mean you are a retard too for posting back? :rolf

WickedSix
01-19-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm always a retard as exhibited by the remainder of this post:

perhaps we can find another way to solve the disput..... there are many old examples...

who has more money?
Who has more toys?
who can yell the loudest?

and of course the classic... who has the bigger dick?

cus in the end internet swashbuckling is akin to crossing fleshflutes now isn't it?

Cutlass Queen
01-19-2010, 02:45 PM
I'm always a retard as exhibited by the remainder of this post:

perhaps we can find another way to solve the disput..... there are many old examples...

who has more money?
Who has more toys?
who can yell the loudest?

and of course the classic... who has the bigger dick?

cus in the end internet swashbuckling is akin to crossing fleshflutes now isn't it?

So you know first hand what crossing fleshflutes is like in order to compare it to the internet swashbuckling? :wooo

WickedSix
01-19-2010, 02:52 PM
do you know what a 'rock' gear is little girl?

u_say_go
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM

calm down tough guys. Pork said he wasn't there and he wasn't sure.

juicedimpss
01-20-2010, 10:52 AM
calm down tough guys. Pork said he wasn't there and he wasn't sure.

true,but if you dont know the facts,why help the rumors get out of control?
:shades

u_say_go
01-20-2010, 11:18 AM
true,but if you dont know the facts,why help the rumors get out of control?
:shades
true, but...and....but...schit, I got nuthin', you win

pOrk
01-20-2010, 05:57 PM
wah wah wah, he described the trailer with red decals being pulled by a white truck, and I was blocked by the damn trailer AT fast times so figured it could have been them, and one of HIS buddies thought it was the fast times trailer. Calm down ya farkin sallys

0TransAm0
01-20-2010, 06:09 PM
lmao. people need to take a chill pill. getting all bent out shape for nothin.

lordairgtar
01-22-2010, 12:39 AM
So you know first hand what crossing fleshflutes is like in order to compare it to the internet swashbuckling? :woooHahahahahahahahahahahahaha:rolf

Lash
01-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Did your buddy attemp to fight back.... or did he just let an old dude beat his head in. lol

pOrk
01-22-2010, 04:29 PM
Did your buddy attemp to fight back.... or did he just let an old dude beat his head in. lol

He is a co-worker, not a buddy. And it doesn't sound like he fought back, he is a really laid back guy that doesn't like confrontation.