PDA

View Full Version : New years resolutions...

-stew-
01-02-2010, 07:21 PM
Who's got 'em? Mine are: make the working out a habit and not a novelty; better money management, and no more chicks with husbands/fiances/boyfriends.

All in all '09 was a great year for me and I hope to make '10 even better. I hope that everyone has a great year. There was a lot of hardship to be had in '09, but if you're still breathing it couldn't have been that bad. There are a lot of opportunities to be had in a down economy, you just gotta keep your eyes open and your head up. If your doing well, don't for get some aren't. Just because the holidays are over, don't let that stop you from giving.

Peace!

Voodoo Chick
01-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Resolutions......well, '09 wasn't a great year for us (the husband and I), so my main resolution is to make sure I do all I can to make '10 better. And- to participate in life more....not sit on the sidelines so much, only to wish afterward that I had taken part. If New Year's does any one thing for me in particular, it's to make me realize how FAST time goes by, so I guess, a good resolution would also be to take nothing for granted. I hope 2010 is great year.

Karps TA
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
Not really a resolution so much as hoping to change my way of thinking. I want to focus this year on growing up and putting the proper things in my life in focus. Care less about material things since that hasn't done much for my happiness the last 30 some years. Stop repeating the same mistakes.

We'll see how that goes.

animal
01-02-2010, 10:39 PM
I dont have or make resolutions because of a decimal digit change in the year... but my current resolutions are to make my only debt my mortgage and i started working out again last month just so I can continue to eat fast food 6 days a week and still lose weight. :) (yes it works)

HY35F2T
01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
Bang a hot chick and her hot mom and bust on the husbands pillow.

MoCkiN U
01-02-2010, 10:41 PM
I really dont have any resolutions. Dont buy into it.

Im a grown damned man whos married and a proud father. What happens in my life is a direct reflection of my own actions for better and worse. I believe that 2009 had challenges but also rewards. I dont have regrets about it but do think 2010 will only be better because I learned some lessons.

Yooformula
01-02-2010, 11:40 PM
I dont believe in new year's resolutions either. If you need a reason/date to commit yourself then you arent serious enough to begin NOW. 09 was a great year for me in that I finally realized what I was missing and how tight and strong my family is. It began the moment I woke up from surgery(11/08) and that day forward my "resolution" has been to make sure I am the one setting up my future with no regrets. Jan 1st was just another day IMO.

URLOZIN
01-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I plan to make my mortgage my only debt by the end of 2010. Also to just live life and have fun. Sky diving, concerts, sports games, are all definately in the plans.

hrsp
01-03-2010, 12:49 AM
make more money...have a faster car....have more sex...

lordairgtar
01-03-2010, 12:50 AM
Pay down debt, lose more weight, and deal with anger (I think the meds do it to me) and impatience. Plus actually build some of the 1000 model kits that live with me. One resolution has been accomplished...I cataloged my music.

JaMichaels
01-03-2010, 01:29 AM
Work on patience and tolerance and not be so sarcastic with my g/f. 2009 would have went smoother if I would have done that in the first place. Lol

VroomPshhTsi
01-03-2010, 01:55 AM

x2

Al
01-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Get a "real" job where my diploma goes to good use.

TheRX7Project
01-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Lose some weight. Get the RX7 running *right*. Get the Belv on the road as a summer DD. Actually get something done this year on the cars instead of just talking about "how cool it's going to be when I do it".

Lash
01-03-2010, 08:13 AM
I plan to make my mortgage my only debt by the end of 2010.

Same here.

flyin_blue_egg
01-03-2010, 01:30 PM
I dont have or make resolutions because of a decimal digit change in the year... but my current resolutions are to make my only debt my mortgage and i started working out again last month just so I can continue to eat fast food 6 days a week and still lose weight. :) (yes it works)

hell i used to be able to eat fast food 6 days a week, not work out and still not gain any weight. granted that was when i was like 16-19 (and played football in school). the only thing i want to do this year is start to work out. I now work in the milwaukee county jail, and though i know you don't have to be huge to succed in that sort of environment, i still think i could do a little filling out as i'm 6'0 and only weigh in at 175-180. i'd like to get closer to maybe 200-205

URLOZIN
01-03-2010, 08:43 PM
yeah that too!:banana1::banana1:

animal
01-04-2010, 12:51 AM
hell i used to be able to eat fast food 6 days a week, not work out and still not gain any weight. granted that was when i was like 16-19 (and played football in school). the only thing i want to do this year is start to work out. I now work in the milwaukee county jail, and though i know you don't have to be huge to succed in that sort of environment, i still think i could do a little filling out as i'm 6'0 and only weigh in at 175-180. i'd like to get closer to maybe 200-205

My left leg weighs 175 :rolf

Down ~5lbs in one month, eat McD's 3 times a week, Taco Bell twice a week, and BK, Arbys, Wendys at least one more time a week. Been eating alot of pizza too :D All of these can be had cheaper than healthy meals. I bought stuff to make omelettes the other day and it was $13. Every time i go to McD's it's $3-4. Go fig.

TheRX7Project
01-04-2010, 01:23 AM

Down ~5lbs in one month, eat McD's 3 times a week, Taco Bell twice a week, and BK, Arbys, Wendys at least one more time a week. Been eating alot of pizza too :D All of these can be had cheaper than healthy meals. I bought stuff to make omelettes the other day and it was $13. Every time i go to McD's it's $3-4. Go fig.

No kidding. I can eat at McD's for breakfast for $3 and tax. Dinner maybe $5-6. Today I made ribs for dinner, with roasted red potatoes and broccoli. Care to guess how much that cost? The ribs alone were more than a trip to the Dollar Menu.

No wonder I'm pushing almost 4 bills... it's still my own fault, but a lot of times I just don't have time to cook, not to mention the monetary savings.

flyin_blue_egg
01-04-2010, 05:45 AM
No kidding. I can eat at McD's for breakfast for $3 and tax. Dinner maybe $5-6. Today I made ribs for dinner, with roasted red potatoes and broccoli. Care to guess how much that cost? The ribs alone were more than a trip to the Dollar Menu.

No wonder I'm pushing almost 4 bills... it's still my own fault, but a lot of times I just don't have time to cook, not to mention the monetary savings.

and you just hit it on the head why people eat out so much.

wrath
01-04-2010, 08:00 AM

If you have a spare minute, watch "Food, Inc".

I know exactly where you're coming from, I had the same problem 5 years ago.

TheRX7Project
01-04-2010, 08:15 AM
What channel is it on?

animal
01-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I'd start bitching more that bad-for-me food is cheaper and that it should be the other way around, but i'm afraid they'll just jack up the price for the bad-for-me food and then I'll really be screwed :)

Status quo.

moels
01-04-2010, 08:50 AM
Just talked about this again with a few friends of mine. I've always wondered why the good for you food ( natural, no preservatives...yadyada ) are more expensive than the bad for you foods with all the processing and additives? I think it's a conspiracy between the food industry and the health industry to make the all mighty dollar on both ends. lol

Anyway, if a person really wants to eat healthy he/she can put some time into shopping and meal planning and do it relatively cheap. Just have to put some time into the meal prep and cooking/grilling.

wrath
01-04-2010, 08:57 AM
What channel is it on?

Sorry, I wasn't very specific because I was in a hurry. It's a movie about where our food comes from. It doesn't go into too much detail in how the food industry exploits convenience factors but it is enlightening for the most part. I already knew most of the stuff except for the fact that there are basically only 4 meat companies and 4 grain companies left in the US.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1286537/

animal
01-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Only 4? It's cool, all my mcdonalds meat comes from overseas :goof

TraceDaddy
01-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Sleep more. (Not a joke.)

Leave work at work.

Lose about 30 lbs.

Get Elin Woods to stop calling me at all hours of the night.

wrath
01-04-2010, 01:51 PM
Not really resolutions... more like goals.

Lose about 50lbs. My Dad just turned 50 and he's on blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar medication among wore out body parts. I don't want to be like that. My blood pressure is low, my total cholesterol is below 100, but I'm a fatass. He's 50lbs lighter than me so if he's got wore out body parts and is on sugar medication I've got to do something.

Find a way to bring my compensation in line with the amount of work I do. 2600 hours for 2080 hours of pay just doesn't seem right. That's just when I'm physically at work, I don't really consider VPNing into work while I sit at home in shorts and a tshirt work. Something is wrong with me--if it needs to be done I just do it.

Work on being less of a pessimistic optimist. I'm a whiner and complainer by nature and tend to find the bad in anything good.

I need to work on aligning my expectations of other people with what they're actually going to do as compared to what they're capable of doing. Saves on disappointment and sarcasm.

TheRX7Project
01-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Only 4? It's cool, all my mcdonalds meat comes from overseas :goof

Actually, it's lips, ears, eyelids, and the like. From American cows. You know the slaughterhouse downtown? That's one of the suppliers. One of my friends worked there for about a week. The fast-food meat gets shipped as "inedible".

animal
01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Sure tastes edible enough to me :D

lordairgtar
01-05-2010, 12:02 AM
I just wait for sales on meat. I buy then and freeze it. Don't buy the pre-packaged chicken breasts at 6 bucks a pop. Check the meat counter for deals on the stuff and save about half. Some store brands are as good as the name brands. For cereal, I buy the bagged stuff. Box cereal only when on deep discount. Butter for the most part all comes from the same dairy/processor. So Roundy's, Crystal Farms, Food club are the same. No need to buy the expensive Land 'O' Lakes. Store brand eggs are the same, except for Eggland which is hella overpriced just for that stupid little imprint on the eggs. I buy soda on sale. I like Pepsi products so I usually stock up when the sales are on. Some stores have price per ounce on things like that and you can tell which package is costing less like 12 pak versus 24 paks. Depending on the sale, either can be the better deal. Use a store rewards card for the deals as well. I shop at the Pig so I get cents off on gas.

hrsp
01-05-2010, 12:07 AM
sure tastes edible enough to me :d

qft!!!

Cryptic
01-05-2010, 09:47 AM

fatty

animal
01-05-2010, 09:50 AM
fatty

Indeed.

gottwins?
01-05-2010, 02:11 PM
1- Get back in shape
2- Be more optimistic about things
3- Sell all of my cars with the exception of my stratus and maybe my TT to start funding my ideas and get them off the ground. I feel like I could sell my TT right now but come summertime every beautiful cruising day will slowly kill me. :alcoholic:(

Silver350
01-05-2010, 05:40 PM
I dont really have New year resolutions just goals. My two main ones is Quit smoking which I just started tonight at 5pm I had my last one and the other is to get back into shape. How ever I probably wont start the second one till I get a good grasp on not smoking.